Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Where is the big Subarine in Arma 3 maps or map?

Hello everyone. I'm trying to find the big submarine that I saw on one of your wallpapers.

Any help would be great.

1359775765319.jpg

It could be kind of deactivated you know. Maybe it isn't even there.

You could try finding it in the editor, placing it and do as you please.

Good Luck with your search...:)

It could be kind of deactivated you know. Maybe it isn't even there.

You could try finding it in the editor, placing it and do as you please.

Good Luck with your search...:)

Is this supposed to help him :confused:

Hello everyone. I'm trying to find the big submarine that I saw on one of your wallpapers.

Any help would be great.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vg/image/1359/77/1359775765319.jpg

Unfortunatly, there is no big submarine in the editor.

But i think it miss in the game too.

If I am not mistaken this feature was axed by the final product.

It was cool, however: let's hope they'll add in some future patch :)

Not in the core PBO's (From what 2 minutes of digging found anyway), so most likely not in the game. Some content could not be released do to time and resource constraints.

I'm sure I read that gnat was o.k about his sub pack being used in A3. I have used it and it works o.k.

Not in the core PBO's (From what 2 minutes of digging found anyway), so most likely not in the game. Some content could not be released do to time and resource constraints.

But how come the BI DEV team has an official wallpaper of it?!? Could it be in an upcoming expansion like ArmA 2: OA?

from what I've read, Bohemia isn't going to have any DLCs that cost anything. They could've been talking about just the campaign maybe, but I remember seeing that somewhere.

from what I've read, Bohemia isn't going to have any DLCs that cost anything. They could've been talking about just the campaign maybe, but I remember seeing that somewhere.

hmmm..maybe when the DEV's tested the submarine, it probably had too much bugs they got rid of it?!?

hmmm..maybe when the DEV's tested the submarine, it probably had too much bugs they got rid of it?!?
Entirely possible. In any case, my speculation was that it was going to be a static prop -- not driveable, no interior, certainly no unscripted torpedoes... :p

Note: The file mentioning the submarine specified an Astute-class submarine, so it wouldn't be one of Gnat's publicly released works.

Well ... let's remember what Joris-Jan van 't Land has reported in SITREP #00021 :

A few assets seen in screenshots and other media were taken well before the project review, when Arma 3 was a different game. We remain convinced the changes were for the better. It wasn't optimal to show placeholder and prototype content before we knew we could finish it. This has also led to a renewed stance to public statements - not confirming or announcing content before we are quite sure about it (starting October 2012). Specifically vehicles like the F-38 (as we called it), were only ever placeholder assets taken from Arma 2, and used to showcase flight and the new clouds, as well as to test fixed-wing PhysX. They were meant to be significantly updated or re-done to match, but due to a shift in priorities, not finished in time. There was no ill-intent when showing them - rather overly ambitious goals, enthusiasm and a desire to share development progress.

These screenshots were release very early ... I will say on Eurogamer.cz in August 2011 and the Astute sub was an item in the ARG teaser before Arma3 announcement.

So nobody can tell ATM if the Astute sunken sub will stay in-game or if it will be lost forever in the depths of the Mediterranean sea.

This is correct, although this list that mentioned the Astute-class has proven extraordinarily prescient in some of its categories such as pistols and helicopters...

Well, it is 2035 in game, so i am positive it is possible to have maybe like, a large underwater personnel carrier? you know like having a transport heli, but this is a transport sub. That would be sick.

Now that is an interesting subject, as historically there were actually a number of German submarine designs in both World Wars (plus some Italian WWII designs such as the R-class and planned conversion of four captured French submarines) that were pre-made or converted for transport use, though of cargo and not specifically naval troops, and while a planned Soviet WWII cargo submarine design fell through, both the US and the USSR gave looks at the concept during the Cold War.

On the other hand, what the US did end up doing was more of converting or designing submarines to support Dry Deck Shelters each housing a SDV, which in the case of four SSBNs such as USS Kamehameha (SSBN/SSN 642) was at the cost of their ballistic missile tubes, converting them from ballistic missile submarines to attack submarines, while the four oldest Ohio-class submarines each had two of their former ballistic missile tubes converted to swimmer lockout chambers upon which DDSs could be mounted to, allowing them to support two SDVs or four CRRCs, and as many as 66 special ops personnel for sustained operations or 102 for short durations; the other DDS-capable submarines though only support a single DDS. As per the Wiki-link on the DDS, if it's the Astute-class that's in the old Arma 3 "big sub" picture, "SDV hangar" is basically what the submarine would be.

Well , I think it will come with some DLC, then you have to pay for it.

The 3 DLC Campaigns will be free, each DLC is bringing new content aswell.

Hopefully it will be part of it, today we also saw a familiar face (Scott Miller) :)

Sweet. Actually, do you know how big they are, its just that I have very slow internet here and I do most of the downloading at a "LanZone"?

The first free DLC will have the first campaign episode "Survive", the VS-121 marksman rifle, the 4-Five pistol, the Zubr revolver, the DMS scope, and the MRD and Yorris optics (think "micro red dot" sights for the handguns) and is scheduled for public release on October 31st.

But nothing has been said about Astute sunken sub ...

The first free DLC will have the first campaign episode "Survive", the VS-121 marksman rifle, the 4-Five pistol, the Zubr revolver, the DMS scope, and the MRD and Yorris optics (think "micro red dot" sights for the handguns) and is scheduled for public release on October 31st.

Also will have the UK CTRG (Arma 3 text is hard to read) units and their unique camouflage pattern (Called UBACS, could be the actual uniform style itself). Hopefully they'll also fix the missing Spec Ops helmet textures, and fix up that one Shemagh with the mixed up texture. If you've used Dsylexi's customizer script, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Back to Astute ... could the "UWreck_base_F" object be related to sub ?

Edit : Nope :(

Edited by Old Bear

Would anyone Else be excited for a Los Angeles Class Submarine being released in Arma 3?.... If only :(