Hi, My system

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4GHz

ASUS P8P67 LE REV 3 Intel P67 LGA1155

12GB DDR3

EVGA 04G-P4-2766-KR GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-bit GD

onboard Realtek ALC892

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit edition

H700 Raid controller with 2 Seagate 120gb SSD's running in Raid0

The default settings gave me average frame rates of roughly 30. After some time the frames would drop into the teens and made the game un playable.

I watched a video tutorial and Adjusted some video settings that has been giving me an amazing game experience.

Key features of these settings.

GENERAL VIDEO OPTIONS

Quality

Most set to Ultra, High and Standard

Clouds - disabled

Visibility

Overall - dropped to 1000

Object - 835

Shadow - 80

DISPLAY

VSync - disabled

AA & PP

Post processing

All effects set to 0

SSAD - disabled

Antialiasing

FSAA - 2x

ATOC - All trees and grass

PPAA - FXAA High

With these settings and my hardware at the obstical course on stratis I get an average of 100fps Everything is smooth as butter and looks amazing. Moving to the terminal at altis I get an average of 120 and depending on the direction im looking it might dip into the 90's. Moving into the city of Agios Dionysios right int he heart of it, My frames drop down to 70's dipping into 60's. Again. Everything is smooth and looks amazing.

It should be noted that my FPS testing is done in the editor. Now the true testing. Getting into game. the ws.arma sa-matra servers. I get in and my average fps stays about 60. but after about 30 minutes my fps drop lower than 30 and the game looks bad and basically stutters.

Can anyone explain what might be going on here?

Yes. The longer I spend logged in playing a game. The worst my frame rate rates get, to the point its un playable.

Yes. The longer I spend logged in playing a game. The worst my frame rate rates get, to the point its un playable.
If this happens in MP it's a server issue since soem Afdmins do not understand that server FPS and client FPS are related in RV engine...server runnign bad makes everyonre have a bad game...bad for a MP only game like A3 currently is. Light missions with low AI count do work fine though.

it's like in Arma2 mp where client fps would drop and the game had to be restarted to restore fps and this had to be repeated (forever)...it has never been adressed in patches...

You have set your view distance very low, hence the good frame rates. The view distance for a multiplayer mission is set by the server. It may be a good bit bigger than what you have set on your client, hence the lower frame rates. As for degredation over time, once the server frame rate - simulation cycles - start to drop into the 20s, it affects the clients' FPS.

If I were you I would overclock your CPU. My 2500k is running at 4.7 Ghz on air cooling. Even with an average cooler you should be good for 4 to 4.2 It will make difference to Arma frame rates and allow you to play with a better view distance.

You have set your view distance very low, hence the good frame rates. The view distance for a multiplayer mission is set by the server. It may be a good bit bigger than what you have set on your client, hence the lower frame rates. As for degredation over time, once the server frame rate - simulation cycles - start to drop into the 20s, it affects the clients' FPS.

If I were you I would overclock your CPU. My 2500k is running at 4.7 Ghz on air cooling. Even with an average cooler you should be good for 4 to 4.2 It will make difference to Arma frame rates and allow you to play with a better view distance.

Ive thought about overclocking. I have a H60 Watercooler, but was kind of afraid to overclock.

But still, overclocking wouldn't do anything about server performance, which is the main problem to begin with.

But still, overclocking wouldn't do anything about server performance, which is the main problem to begin with.

Yes that's true, but it would allow him to play single and multi player with a better view distance, and his CPU will overclock easily.

With the click of a button I got 4.429 overclocked on my cpu. This has helped when I move into the cities on altis. And it has made longer durations of game play more tollerable. thanks for the advice.

Glad you got a good result, these are great CPUs. I think you will be fine at that overclock on an H60 - like I said, I am on 4.7 with air cooling and never go over 70 degrees whilst gaming - however it is worth monitoring. I'd recommend RealTemp http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ , set an alarm on it for a temp that suits you. My alarm is at 80 degrees.

Have you got hyperthreading on or off? Off is recommended.