Sign in to follow this  
Irishman

Steam Problems, If you can, Please help!

So about 3 weeks ago I purchased Arma 3, was very happy as I have followed the series for a long time. I purchased it when it was still in the Beta stage.

I went to play it, on one of the rare occurences when I get the chance, and it goes to do the 1.02 Hotfix. Now it tells me of an error, a missing "Executable" i.e the game will not update, so I did what steam said to try and fix it, deleting the .blob file etc etc, But this was by far not the end of my troubles.

I sign into my account again, and on going to press the play button, It has been replaced with the "Purchase" button. Now, let me tell you, I can prove and I can assure you that I have legitimately purchased the game, and played it before. I have all the Arma 3 files and even the exe. on my computer's drive. The absurdity of having it say "Purchase" and "Last played - yesterday" Is bewildering.

I have submitted a ticket to steam support, no reply after a day, and I have a feeling they will tell me I didn't buy it or whatnot. I know this is not an Arma 3 Problem per se, but does anyone have any suggestions or solutions? It would be very helpful.

Thanks

Yeah, I go to try and Verfiy, follow the steps, and the option inside Local files to do so is blacked out, ie I cannot click on it

Where and how did you purchase it? Cause it looks like it was removed from your account.

Post your public steam profile so we can see if the game is still in your account.

My steam name is

Edited by Irishman
Removed steam account name

goto your profile and bottom left is add a game

from there you can activate with the code you got originally

Did you receive an email when you purchased the game? How did you pay for it? Paypal, card?

That would be your receipt btw.

Where did you purchased it, directly from Steam, BiS website or?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063122207/

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

It's not even there, something has f***ed up badly, looks like I'm going to have to buy this game again, back to Arma 2 for awhile, I hate having to go through a middle-man for games, I'd rather have a physical copy in my hand, that why, if something goes wrong I can sort it myself.

Tried entering your key again, or even see your key from the properties?

Are you sure you are not logging in to a second account? Because there is no recent game activity on your profile page.

If not that, the only thing you can do is wait for steam support to answer.

Yeah Directly from steam

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

I don't know, I have tried looking for a second duplicate account, but I can't find it. If I asked steam support how many accounts are registered to my IP could they tell me?

Yeah Directly from steam

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

I don't know, I have tried looking for a second duplicate account, but I can't find it. If I asked steam support how many accounts are registered to my IP could they tell me?

They probably won't tell you, that's personal data and no sure way to authenticate who you are.

Inside your "..\steam\config\" folder there should be a file coplay_76561198063122207.vdf that is for the account you gave us. If you have connected with other accounts on the pc you should have similar files for them. Use the number to see the public profile "http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/NUMBER".

If you bought it through steam when you contact steam support you must give the correct account (if you have used multiple accounts).

Tony, you are a gent, I can't thank you enough, Yes I have been stupid and it seems I have another steam account, but I will have to work out how to access it.

Now we are getting somewhere. :)

Inside your steam directory open steam.log with a text viewer/editor and search for CreateSession, your steam username(s) should be after this word (if it's not the one you are looking for, keep searching):

CreateSession([b]USERNAME[/b],xxxxxx,xxxxxxxx)=xxx

If you find it or anything similar don't post it here.

Now:

1. Try to guess your password if you don't use a common one.

2. Or recover your account through email and secret question.

3. Or recover your account through steam support.

More info from steam: Regaining access to your lost Steam Account and resetting your account credentials

Edited by TonyGrunt