Sign in to follow this  
oryang

Game crash using Korean PC

I've bought Arma3 since Alpha, and it's been fine till the Final Game update. Then nothing worked, not even Arma2. When I start playing, the sound cuts off, I am unable to give orders to my AI, and showcases do not load (specifics below) This happens any time from 1~10 minutes after starting the game, but usually it happens a lot faster when a lot of AI are present (i.e. armed assault showcase). I use a NVDIA Windows 7 64Bit computer with plenty of RAM, so it shouldn't have a problem. The computer was built in Korea, but I don't see why that's a problem either.

I've tried both reinstalling Arma and totally reseting my PC to default, and still nothing worked.

I wondered if my PC's the one messed up, but everything else works fine, so maybe it's a problem with Steam (where I downloaded Arma 2/3).

It's been hugely frustrating to be unable to play Arma after I've been waiting for the Final release. Please help BIS!

Problem specifications: Sounds do not come out (all other sounds work fine)

I cannot speak to AI during singleplayer

Showcases will not give me new tasks after I've completed one

PC spec: I'm not all that into computers and tech, so I don't really know my specs, but it's something like Intel i5 2.80Ghz Intelcore, GTX 650

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Edited by oryang

Get a PC from another country, just kidding.

Have you tried to full reinstall? Give us more tech specs of your PC.

You need to be more specific, like name the exact specs. What processor you got, which graphics card model, how much and what type of RAM etc. Your problem however sounds like corrupted data or something. Try right clicking ArmA 3 in steam, go to properties and there should be an option to verify integrity of your files. See if that helps

NicotinKick,

I ran the verification, and it says all files were sucessfully validated.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Edited by oryang

NicotinKick,

I ran the verification, and it says all files were sucessfully validated.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Did it help though? I remember some people having their game break after the recent patches, if validation doesn't work might have to do a full reinstall, because this surely doesn't sound like a hardware error. If that doesn't work then maybe something's wrong with your driver's. Try updating your nvidia and so forth drivers.