Sign in to follow this  
Romanze

Should I expect low FPS?

I understand low FPS, CPU, and GPU Utilization, lag, and all of it, but should I expect it with the specs of my computer. I have read every post known to man about this situation, I have tried all fixes like launch parameters , reinstalled game, and windows etc. I get low FPS on Low video settings. I am wondering if this is just something to expect and upgrade my computer or is something else wrong.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (downgraded from windows 8 because of low FPS)

16 GB Ram

AMD Phenom BE II x4 965 3.4 GHz

Nvidia 680 4GB

1TB HDD 6GB/s

No Overclocking

The lag seems to be more as people join and as time goes on, but my issue is I know a few people with less of a computer than mine and getting 40-50 fps in base oh Ahoy World IA, and I am getting 20 at best. I have nothing installed on my computer except Windows, Steam, TS, and a few others. Its very clean with nothing else running in the background. Does it seem I just need to upgrade my CPU or will that just be masking the ongoing problem? I know this is sooo repetitive from what everyone else is saying, but I just don't understand how some people get good frames with a worse computer than mine.

what are the specs of those worse computers?

but yeah sadly you should expect low fps from that cpu, maybe not as low as 20, but still not a lot more either

what are the specs of those worse computers?

but yeah sadly you should expect low fps from that cpu, maybe not as low as 20, but still not a lot more either

Simply not true. I have the same CPU and a weaker GPU (HD5870) and i play with ~40FPS with Normal to High settings.

I understand low FPS, CPU, and GPU Utilization, lag, and all of it, but should I expect it with the specs of my computer. I have read every post known to man about this situation, I have tried all fixes like launch parameters , reinstalled game, and windows etc. I get low FPS on Low video settings. I am wondering if this is just something to expect and upgrade my computer or is something else wrong.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (downgraded from windows 8 because of low FPS)

16 GB Ram

AMD Phenom BE II x4 965 3.4 GHz

Nvidia 680 4GB

1TB HDD 6GB/s

No Overclocking

The lag seems to be more as people join and as time goes on, but my issue is I know a few people with less of a computer than mine and getting 40-50 fps in base oh Ahoy World IA, and I am getting 20 at best. I have nothing installed on my computer except Windows, Steam, TS, and a few others. Its very clean with nothing else running in the background. Does it seem I just need to upgrade my CPU or will that just be masking the ongoing problem? I know this is sooo repetitive from what everyone else is saying, but I just don't understand how some people get good frames with a worse computer than mine.

What mouse do you use ?

Myke;2526116']Simply not true. I have the same CPU and a weaker GPU (HD5870) and i play with ~40FPS with Normal to High settings.

in multiplayer? because my fx-8350 @ 4.8ghz didn't even average 40 fps in mp

Edited by pr0ph3tSWE

What mouse do you use ?

Weird question, but I use cyborg R. A. T. What were you thinking? By the way, just to reiterate, I am suffering lag on low video settings. Also in single player I can get 50fps on very high to ultra.

---------- Post added at 04:04 ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 ----------

Myke;2526116']Simply not true. I have the same CPU and a weaker GPU (HD5870) and i play with ~40FPS with Normal to High settings.

Are those settings on mp or sp?

Those settings i use in MP and SP. I do have drops down to low 20's if a lot is going on for a moment (Explosions, FX).

Myke;2526464']Those settings i use in MP and SP. I do have drops down to low 20's if a lot is going on for a moment (Explosions' date=' FX).[/quote']

i was averaging 30-35 fps with the fx-8350 and a gtx670 on the better wasteland servers before i swapped to intel again, so i guess you found a very good server :)

all the friends i have with phenom 2's also stopped playing because of too low performance, aorund 25 fps average

I have the same CPU overclocked to 3.8ghz and a GTX 480, which is actually a little more powerful than your HD5870 and get on average 20-24 fps in actual missions with AI. I drop to the teens whenever explosions happen. That's with a mixture of low and normal settings with texture's on Ultra since I tested all texture settings and none of them make a performance difference.

I have the same CPU overclocked to 3.8ghz and a GTX 480, which is actually a little more powerful than your HD5870 and get on average 20-24 fps in actual missions with AI. I drop to the teens whenever explosions happen. That's with a mixture of low and normal settings with texture's on Ultra since I tested all texture settings and none of them make a performance difference.

Same here, in any MP mission @ Altis im rarely over 20 fps in major cities/villages/airports no matter what, obviously in SP it's better but only if there is no AI.

And ofc the intensive fighting, explosions, FX completely kill framerates even below 15 fps.

Specs in sig, every possible cpu intensive setting @ low, with view distances at about 1k.

The faster devs acknowledge this game is broken performance wise, the better for everyone.

And Dwarden please, before you post it's the broken missions / scripts - what about BiS host a server on Altis with 60+ ppl, with their own mission and scripts so we can test it and see how better it is then.

Edited by k3lt

Well in MP, I get worse performance. I've never been over 15 fps in any MP server before that was both populated and had AI in it.

So with the research and polls I have personally done. It seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong, but having an Intel CPU with HT technology makes up for the poorly optimized Arma 3 Engine. So if I obtained an i7 I would be okay? Besides what are the chances they actually fix this issue.

So with the research and polls I have personally done. It seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong, but having an Intel CPU with HT technology makes up for the poorly optimized Arma 3 Engine. So if I obtained an i7 I would be okay? Besides what are the chances they actually fix this issue.

i notice no difference in performance between my i5 2500k and my old 2600k, except when streaming without stream card

Weird question, but I use cyborg R. A. T. What were you thinking?

Not too weird I hope..

Performance isn't the same from mouse to mouse, especially gaming mice. Just that a poorly setup mouse can cause lag and other issues. I have a Rat5, great mouse, but I use my Roccat Kone+ more, why, because it gives me slightly more fps and smoother game-play, not sure why myself, possibly better software, more to adjust/setup, just one of those things.

Also surface can affect gaming, I use a coated glass gaming surface, find it really good, very responsive.

‘Which mouse’, is a question many older gamers I know ask (me included), just a thing from way back from early pc gaming when the pc mouse, tended to be terrible.

Not so much with the more modern mouse, but lots of problems can occur, so worth keeping drivers up to date and also tweaking or borrowing a friends to see if a different type of mouse gives better or worse performance.

If you search around online, there is info regards problems players have had with mouse setup/software etc, lag issues, fps, performance etc, certainly not a new problem, but one many don’t bother about exploring. I see some are talking regards it affecting Planetside2, lag etc. Just search and explore, don't rule out anything. To get a decent gaming rig setup correctly, you have to think about anything that might give a hit value.

Peripherals, all have a hit value. Poorly setup peripherals have more of a hit value.

Your mouse, is your hand in the game, worth remembering.;)

May not be anything to do with your problem, but just thought I would ask..

Edited by ChrisB