Mpstark

Articulate: Squad Voice Command Utility for Arma 3

@Oktyabr unfortunately it's quite a step from the existing implementation to being able to change the input devices. Microsoft has made using the default input device easy by providing a function which automatically uses the default, adding the extra functionality will require another library and increase the size of the program. Nonetheless, I've opened an issue on GitHub for it and I or someone else will take a look at it when we get the chance.

In the mean time, if you close down Articulate and switch your default input device you should be able to use it with any of your input devices (a bit more of a headache, I know).

No, no priority! Articulate isn't the only app I run that has this "issue" and I'm quite accustomed to dealing with the headache (like disabling the onboard chip in BIOS, etc.)

I love your software! It's far better than the vanilla AI deserve, if you ask me. I played with this new version of Articulate for several hours last night... long enough I almost forgot the actual keybinds to the menus (that's a good thing!) Feature requests? I know you are working on establishing some means for users to make custom associations and that made me wonder, since it just emulates key presses, could it be made to select "custom binds" too? This would enable one to shove any required custom binds to more remote, less used keys and key combinations. "Custom One" or "Function One". With alias' it could be "Open command console" (or other bindable function)... especially useful if/when flying, etc. using a joystick and you just can't reach the keyboard easily.

Last but not least, and I mentioned this before several pages back, it might be nice to be able to trigger AI to use a script as well. The one in particular I have in mind is the "Command Overhaul Mod" by gizzy46, in particular his clearBuilding.sqf. This script manifests itself in game as the player looks at a building and is given the option to <selected units> "Clear that building", which they do surprisingly well! I'd love to be able to do something similar via Articulate. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19951

Love the program, hope you keep up the work! It really makes dealing with AI tolerable. :)

Greetings all

I've just come back to Articulate after several months away.Downloaded the latest version and now it does not work.It selects the units okay but does not do anything after that,the right menu seems to come up but it does not select it.Can anyone help me please I need this to work like it used to.

Hey Black4n,

Could you try increasing your Key Release Delay in the advanced settings dialog - I have a feeling it's set too low for your current setup. A few versions ago we dropped the default delay from 100ms to around 50ms (I think, it might be 75ms) which works for most people - but a low FPS will mean that it doesn't work for others. Increasing it to 100ms or more should help resolve your problem.

Good luck,

Benjamin Pannell

Hey Black4n,

Could you try increasing your Key Release Delay in the advanced settings dialog - I have a feeling it's set too low for your current setup. A few versions ago we dropped the default delay from 100ms to around 50ms (I think, it might be 75ms) which works for most people - but a low FPS will mean that it doesn't work for others. Increasing it to 100ms or more should help resolve your problem.

Good luck,

Benjamin Pannell

Okay thanks for the quick reply.I did as suggested and did not make any difference so I uninstalled again and also removed the files in AppData\Roaming,rebooted,re-installed Articulate (as admin like before)ran Arma3 (as admin like before)and hey it works! Thanks for your help, great prog Cheers

Thanks for making this mod, it works perfectly fine running on its own and recognizing my commands but when I run it with Arma 3 it crashes when issuing my first command. Can't find a specific error message and I've be running Arma no mods except cba to make sure other mods were not conflicting. Win7 64. I'll keep hunting for the cause. .net 4.5, running as admin, cba, antivrus shields off (avast).

Edited by syn010

Do you think you could add commands such as:

"Binoculars on/off". Key bind to "B"

N V G's on/off

Night vision goggles on/off

Night vision on/off. Key mind to "N"

Open/close inventory

Open/close gear. Key bind to "I"

Etc. I use VAC currently to control AI but also to do commands like those as well as opening maps, compasses etc.

Is it possible to integrate these in the near future? I would love to try out the mod it looks great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think you could add commands such as:

"Binoculars on/off". Key bind to "B"

N V G's on/off

Night vision goggles on/off

Night vision on/off. Key mind to "N"

Open/close inventory

Open/close gear. Key bind to "I"

Etc. I use VAC currently to control AI but also to do commands like those as well as opening maps, compasses etc.

Is it possible to integrate these in the near future? I would love to try out the mod it looks great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Benjamin and I are talking about what features that we want in the next release (.0.3+) and we are working with several members of the community to figure out the best plan of attack. We are in the design phase of things now because the next version will require significant redesign of nearly every part of the application. Rest assured, though, that the plan is to bring the configuration up to a point where adding these kind of things will be user configurable (and able to be localized). I'm sorry that things have been so slow around here; there has been very little development from myself because of some personal things going on and Benjamin has only been able to put out hotfixes due to real world commitments. We are hoping to be able to squeeze the development of the 0.3 series in soon.

Remember though: Articulate is distributed under the M.I.T. licence -- the source code (other than the libraries used) has been entirely given over to the community and we encourage anyone to download it and tinker around.

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Thanks for making this mod, it works perfectly fine running on its own and recognizing my commands but when I run it with Arma 3 it crashes when issuing my first command. Can't find a specific error message and I've be running Arma no mods except cba to make sure other mods were not conflicting. Win7 64. I'll keep hunting for the cause. .net 4.5, running as admin, cba, antivrus shields off (avast).

Try looking for a log message in the "%AppData%\Articulate\Crashes" folder.

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:07 ----------

No, no priority! Articulate isn't the only app I run that has this "issue" and I'm quite accustomed to dealing with the headache (like disabling the onboard chip in BIOS, etc.)

I love your software! It's far better than the vanilla AI deserve, if you ask me. I played with this new version of Articulate for several hours last night... long enough I almost forgot the actual keybinds to the menus (that's a good thing!) Feature requests? I know you are working on establishing some means for users to make custom associations and that made me wonder, since it just emulates key presses, could it be made to select "custom binds" too? This would enable one to shove any required custom binds to more remote, less used keys and key combinations. "Custom One" or "Function One". With alias' it could be "Open command console" (or other bindable function)... especially useful if/when flying, etc. using a joystick and you just can't reach the keyboard easily.

Last but not least, and I mentioned this before several pages back, it might be nice to be able to trigger AI to use a script as well. The one in particular I have in mind is the "Command Overhaul Mod" by gizzy46, in particular his clearBuilding.sqf. This script manifests itself in game as the player looks at a building and is given the option to <selected units> "Clear that building", which they do surprisingly well! I'd love to be able to do something similar via Articulate. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19951

Love the program, hope you keep up the work! It really makes dealing with AI tolerable. :)

Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, the mod that you linked uses fairly hard to emulate keybinds that are unpredictable and require context to support 100%. We're looking at ways to support actions like this in the 0.3 series that we are designing now.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Is it possible to push out a quick update to fix the select team issue? I always use teams and it's hampering my usage a little bit.

Also another question further down the line. The way your program works, is it possible to implement phrases like this "3 target 3" or "7 heal 1". Stuff like that with the latter number corresponding to the number in the target or action menu?

Good work though. This is a really fantastic program in my opinion because I can drop the robot voice rythm and just speak normally. Thanks for your effort on this!

While technically possible, we're only supporting voice commands that occur all at once as a phrase. Picking the second number is something that requires you to be in the menu to see the possible selections. We are exploring ways to support less hackish ways of doing this such as the phrase: "Three, heal Two" or even better "Medic, heal two".

I do wish that we could support things like "Fuck man, get some bandaids on Smith", but the technology for voice recognition at that level is beyond the API that we are using and beyond the average computing power of an average computer.

Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, the mod that you linked uses fairly hard to emulate keybinds that are unpredictable and require context to support 100%. We're looking at ways to support actions like this in the 0.3 series that we are designing now.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

While technically possible, we're only supporting voice commands that occur all at once as a phrase. Picking the second number is something that requires you to be in the menu to see the possible selections. We are exploring ways to support less hackish ways of doing this such as the phrase: "Three, heal Two" or even better "Medic, heal two".

I do wish that we could support things like "Fuck man, get some bandaids on Smith", but the technology for voice recognition at that level is beyond the API that we are using and beyond the average computing power of an average computer.

Thanks for taking the time for the reply!

Understand that I haven't done any serious coding in almost 20 years and I know next to nothing about modern APIs, especially Windows Voice Recognition, or how it's capabilities might be used... so I'm just tossing these ideas out (and future posts probably as well) from that context with the hopes that there might be a fleck of gold in all the sand I'm throwing at you ;)

I understand the importance of handling commands with a "context". I have no idea what it must take to apply it in such a fashion in this case, only that I hope it's possible. As for custom commands, etc. perhaps after all the "phrases" that Articulate considers valid are passed through it can revert to a sort of speech-to-text utility that can then parse the words and use a couple of simple look up tables comparing the input to:

A) the last names of the grouped AI so alias' such as "Smith" or "Jones" could be used.

B) common alias' for available actions like "heal", "bandage", "first aid" and "take out", "destroy", etc. for 'target that'

C) available object class names in the immediate AO, checking under the player's cursor first, then the FOV, and finally a relatively close radius, so a context of "house", "tank", "APC", "technical", "units", "car", etc. becomes available.

This would allow both an aliasing system to be used so "two, heal three" could just as easily be said "Jones, fix up Smith, will ya?" or "Tanner, take out that fucking APC!" and provide a base for custom (scripted) actions as well such as "Red team, clear that house.", "Blue, smoke up the South approach!", "Tanner, lay down suppressing fire on that hill.", "Smith, stay here and give us some overwatch.", "Jones, check that APC for supplies.", "ALL, scavenge for ammo.", "Red, sitrep!", "Blue, set up a secure perimeter."

By using simple text based tables the user might be able to easily insert custom actions and alias' themselves as well.

I'm sure this is all far out on a limb, concerning current Articulate development but hey... they say only a dreamer can have a dream come true, right? ;)

Edited by Oktyabr

with the hopes that there might be a fleck of gold in all the sand I'm throwing at you ;)

Sand...Sand everywhere!! Lol the speech to txt idea was a good one:thumbup:

Hi. I really want to try this but when I ejecute the program, it says I don't have "English Speech Recognizer" installed, Is it really mandatory that I must have windows in English version installed? because I'm from Venezuela and i have spanish windows so.. Is it possible to install English Speech Recognizer in a non english OS?

Thanks for taking the time for the reply!

Understand that I haven't done any serious coding in almost 20 years and I know next to nothing about modern APIs, especially Windows Voice Recognition, or how it's capabilities might be used... so I'm just tossing these ideas out (and future posts probably as well) from that context with the hopes that there might be a fleck of gold in all the sand I'm throwing at you ;)

I understand the importance of handling commands with a "context". I have no idea what it must take to apply it in such a fashion in this case, only that I hope it's possible. As for custom commands, etc. perhaps after all the "phrases" that Articulate considers valid are passed through it can revert to a sort of speech-to-text utility that can then parse the words and use a couple of simple look up tables comparing the input to:

A) the last names of the grouped AI so alias' such as "Smith" or "Jones" could be used.

B) common alias' for available actions like "heal", "bandage", "first aid" and "take out", "destroy", etc. for 'target that'

C) available object class names in the immediate AO, checking under the player's cursor first, then the FOV, and finally a relatively close radius, so a context of "house", "tank", "APC", "technical", "units", "car", etc. becomes available.

This would allow both an aliasing system to be used so "two, heal three" could just as easily be said "Jones, fix up Smith, will ya?" or "Tanner, take out that fucking APC!" and provide a base for custom (scripted) actions as well such as "Red team, clear that house.", "Blue, smoke up the South approach!", "Tanner, lay down suppressing fire on that hill.", "Smith, stay here and give us some overwatch.", "Jones, check that APC for supplies.", "ALL, scavenge for ammo.", "Red, sitrep!", "Blue, set up a secure perimeter."

By using simple text based tables the user might be able to easily insert custom actions and alias' themselves as well.

I'm sure this is all far out on a limb, concerning current Articulate development but hey... they say only a dreamer can have a dream come true, right? ;)

Context is hard (but it's on the list for us to do!) in a couple different ways: first and most obviously, you have to get the information out of Arma and into the separate Articulate executable, which requires a mod running in Arma and piping data out (which is entirely possible) and then second, you need to be able to *do* something with the contextual information like add/remove particular phrases that come into or go out of context or add phrase alternates (like Smith -> soldier two), and then lastly, you need to update the Microsoft SAPI (Speech API) instance to reflect the new status of your commands. Unfortunately, SAPI wasn't designed to be used quite so dynamically, so there might little bit of weirdness in the actual implementation. Since we're planning Articulate to be more of a framework that will work for many different games and applications (without any modification of the actual application, just by the creation of additional application profiles; which is incidentally why the design/specification is so hard to nail down), we have to be sure to make something very general that will work for multiple things, not just Arma.

Now as to your other comment about using a "speech-to-text" to capture arbitrary speech and then do some matching on the text. As much as I would like to say that it's possible, it's just not feasible on multiple levels. Microsoft calls this "dictation" and for good reason, that's really all you can use it for. Because it has to be able to match arbitrary speech, it basically relies upon average word use in the language that you're speaking -- that is, you can dictate a letter to it and it works fairly well in the general case, but as soon as you start talking about something specific like weapons or tactics, it just.. doesn't work and you get odd results like "Terry, get the plumber" instead of "Two, get into cover" -- even though they don't sound much alike to a human, they share the same number of syllables and, in the general case, telling someone to get the plumber is much more likely than telling two to get into cover. The reason that Google or Apple is able to get consistent results for seemingly odd recognition snippets on the phone is that they offload all of the recognition to massive servers with massive databases. We can't use these options because they don't work in real-time: you don't want to wait for the data to be sent to Google and then for Google to process it and then send back the text (it's like an average of 2-3 seconds, in which time, your number two got real dead, real fast).

One of the things that we've got going for us though is that in reality humans have a hard time understanding each other, which is why radio discipline and voice procedure are so important during military communication. So Articulate could have fairly "authentic sounding" and decently "conversational" commands using some contextual information as well as a boat-load of custom scripts in Arma (being triggered by Articulate). Most of your examples fit into this vision of a context-sensitive Articulate (maybe overall less conversational) that communicates directly with an Arma loaded with custom scripts (where the majority of the heavy lifting would actually be). We'll also see about supporting optional curse words, since that's something that can be used to spice things up and makes things feel more "conversational" -- I like the idea and it's technically possible, but as you add more and more grammars (phrase combinations and rules) past a certain point, you start to get more and more false positives and wrong matches. There is definitely a balance to strike.

I'm a dreamer too so I often get ahead of myself with ideas. Actual implementation is right now is very slow, since my "free time" is often dedicated to class work for my last year of university, to my other side projects including tinkering with Android and car infotainment hardware, and to family and friends and my own health and Benjamin is also bogged down with real life. Often times, I look at something that I'm working on and see it many, many versions from now when it's complete and perfect and then come back to reality, hard, when I realize that just how far away I am from getting there.

With that in mind, I'd like to share with y'all what I've got floating around in my brain as a someday kind of thing. This is for your entertainment and to hopefully scare up more interest in the development of AI control plugins for Arma. Again, this is something that may not happen, we may have to scale back in vision or maybe I just may not be able to get it down into code, but, at least for players that get reliable vocal recognition off of the Microsoft SAPI, it is at least technically possible.

You are in command of a small squad of AI and your objective is to assault and secure a small but strategically located town on Altis from CSAT control as part of a large offensive in which several other players are also participating, commanding their own small AI squads. Multiple kinds of AI support are on standby, but will have to be shared between commanding players. Intel suggests that the town itself is currently lightly guarded but that reinforcements are expected sometime soon.

You divide your squad into two teams:

"Jackson, Miller, Whiting, you're team green.", your two machine gunners and their assistant in team green

"Chavez, August, Tam, you're team white.", your medic, AT, and rifleman with you, in team white.

You mark a small hill about 750m away from the town as a observation and staging point for your team, and you slowly start to move into enemy territory.

"All, bounding overwatch."

"Team green, bound to there." you say, indicating with the cursor about 50m ahead.

Team green bounds up to the first set of cover, while you and team white watch over them. They radio back, "Go, I'll cover" when they get there. You laugh, as you remember how useless that that radio signal from AI used to be.

"Team white, bound", your team moves up to team green.

"Team green, bound to there" you say again, and then you repeat your bounding overwatch until you've arrived at the small hill. No enemy contact yet.

Arriving at the small hill, you tell your team to wait at the base of the hill while you take a look. "Teams green and white, set up defensive positions." They get down into the little cover that is available while you move up to the crest of the hill, belly crawling the last two or three meters. Don't want to skyline!

Bringing up your binos, you see that the town is indeed, lightly guarded. Your survey is interrupted by chatter on the support frequency. "Support, this is Bravo. Requesting helicopter fire support at the indicated coordinates." You flinch, Bravo was supposed to have the other easy mission, but sounds like he's not doing so well right now. At the base, the AI attack helicopter spins up it's rotors as it prepares to make a firing run for Bravo.

Returning to your thoughts about the small town, you move back down to meet with your squad. The hill is just too far away to setup a firing position and while there is cover between you and the town, there is a small dip and then a rise between the hill and the town. A small enemy patrol is currently on the opposite side of the town and an HMG truck sits in a small check point in the middle of the town. Fortunately, the awkwardly placed truck has terrible sight lines to it's left and right, as it's flanked by buildings.

"All, hold fire until contact"

Bounding with your teams through the small dip, you reach the east side of town without being spotted. Alpha has requested two fire missions from the base mortars and you're glad that you're not them.

You move further into the town until the checkpoint is a little bit away and around a corner.

"AT, destroy the closest humvee" August moves to take the shot at the humvee (gosh, these not-at-all-developed-by-SQF-ignorant-Mpstark scripts are ingenious!) with his NLAW. You imagine making a pun about NLAW and your in-laws, but then you realize that your entire team is AI. You had forgotten.

August radios that he's ready to take the shot since he's on hold fire.

"August, take the shot." The humvee explodes, killing the only other soldier at the checkpoint. You think you're lucky until...

Fire erupts from the west side of town (there wasn't enemy there was there?) and rest of your team, already in cover, returns fire. August is hit twice and collapses (but since we're using a better revive script that doesn't ignore AI, the familiar green asterisk appears on him).

Pinned down on the east side of town from heavy from from the west side, you mark the likely location of the fire and radio in for mortar fire support. "Support, this is Alpha. Requesting mortar at the indicated coordinates." The AI mortar team sends estimated time until splash. 120 seconds: too long. Another of your team, Jackson, is hit and goes down. Fire from your north, it's that damn patrol.

Miller goes down. That's both of your automatic rifleman.

"All, smoke out!" Your team deploys smoke in the directions of fire. Fire doesn't stop, but slows.

Tam goes down from a lucky bullet through the smoke. Whiting, Chavez, and you are the only ones still up. 20 meters away lies August's body. He's bled out.

"Chavez, get Jackson up."

"Whiting, move there and cover north." You appreciate the fact that you can now chain commands together.

The smoke clears. You're covering the west, but the baddies are in a building, first and second floor. They're not peeking out right now. Is that around where the mortar's going to splash? You don't remember. Fire ceases from the north. Did Whiting get them or are they moving to finish you off? Jackson is now up.

"Chavez, drag Miller over there and get Miller up". You wish that direct objects were shared between chained commands. They aren't.

The first mortar splashes, but it's much closer to the road than you think it ought to be. The second, still too close. The third is near the building but not close enough.

The fourth hits it straight on. It "collapses" by sinking into the ground and growing static rubble. You wish this was VBS3, but at least the baddies have died or fallen through the world. The fifth and last splashes behind it.

No fire from the north. Miller is up.

"Chavez get Tam up." The riflemen always get revived last.

No fire is coming in. Your AI squadmates pronounce the area clear.

"Support, this is Alpha. Mission complete."

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 ----------

Hi. I really want to try this but when I ejecute the program, it says I don't have "English Speech Recognizer" installed, Is it really mandatory that I must have windows in English version installed? because I'm from Venezuela and i have spanish windows so.. Is it possible to install English Speech Recognizer in a non english OS?

It should be possible to install the English recognizer if it isn't installed by installing the English Language Pack.

Thanks for the in depth reply Mpstark. Yeah, that's the kind of dreaming I was talking about :)

I'm very impressed with what Articulate can already do. Mine is well trained enough (now) that it has no problem keeping up, even when the pace of my speech speeds up significantly during the heat of battle. For that I owe you guys a good deal of thanks. Where in the past I would have likely died while fingers that should have been on my movement keys were going over different unit menu keys instead, now the AI are at least usable and I can use them much more fully to my advantage.

That said other AI command mods and scripts have also made progress in simplifying AI handling and/or extending what they can do by executing custom scripts. One such example is the "clearhouse" script I've mentioned previously. Another I am extremely intrigued by are the various takes on the "join my group" type of scripts, where you can add additional AI found in the mission to your group, taking command of them as well. Additional functionality might be found in addons like this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22380

While I'm certainly not asking for Articulate to replace these addons I would like to see some way of more easily integrating the two together. Yes, I realize this depends on some sort of context detection, and I eagerly await any progress you gentlemen make in this direction.

As you said, your goal for Articulate is to make it compatible with other software too, not just specifically arma. This would imply some sort of plugin addon that is game specific?

First of all, thank very much for this mod! It makes playing ARMA a lot more enjoyable and feeling more immerse. I am always amazed at people who mod...their talent, and ability to not just settle with most game maker's sense of "This is our best" attitude.

My question to all is, how do I make my voice not come of my speakers so loudly when I am issuing commands, but still have all the other sounds loud? I have tried playing with ARMA settings, but I can't seem to find the right setting adjustment to accomplish my preference.

First of all, thank very much for this mod! It makes playing ARMA a lot more enjoyable and feeling more immerse. I am always amazed at people who mod...their talent, and ability to not just settle with most game maker's sense of "This is our best" attitude.

My question to all is, how do I make my voice not come of my speakers so loudly when I am issuing commands, but still have all the other sounds loud? I have tried playing with ARMA settings, but I can't seem to find the right setting adjustment to accomplish my preference.

If you are talking about hearing an actual echo of your voice over your speakers, you should turn off the "Listen To This Device" feature located in the "Recording Device">"Properties" menu for your microphone. If you are talking about hearing your in-game character repeat your command, you can download a mod called MRB Voice Stop that disables the in-game radio commands. ArmaHolic link here

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Thanks for the in depth reply Mpstark. Yeah, that's the kind of dreaming I was talking about :)

I'm very impressed with what Articulate can already do. Mine is well trained enough (now) that it has no problem keeping up, even when the pace of my speech speeds up significantly during the heat of battle. For that I owe you guys a good deal of thanks. Where in the past I would have likely died while fingers that should have been on my movement keys were going over different unit menu keys instead, now the AI are at least usable and I can use them much more fully to my advantage.

That said other AI command mods and scripts have also made progress in simplifying AI handling and/or extending what they can do by executing custom scripts. One such example is the "clearhouse" script I've mentioned previously. Another I am extremely intrigued by are the various takes on the "join my group" type of scripts, where you can add additional AI found in the mission to your group, taking command of them as well. Additional functionality might be found in addons like this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22380

While I'm certainly not asking for Articulate to replace these addons I would like to see some way of more easily integrating the two together. Yes, I realize this depends on some sort of context detection, and I eagerly await any progress you gentlemen make in this direction.

As you said, your goal for Articulate is to make it compatible with other software too, not just specifically arma. This would imply some sort of plugin addon that is game specific?

Context and command-injection will require a plugin/mod for the game that communicates with Articulate using a small API (through a pipe or other inter-process communication) that is to be developed that will be application-independent. That way, context and command-injection will only depend on community developed/supported resources and will not require additional Articulate development. Along with human-readable application profiles (likely XML, perhaps with some scripting), this will allow players to develop their own commands that either tie into a game or do the current keyboard emulation.

I'm hoping that an official or paired-up Arma modification for Articulate includes an Arma-side scripting API that mission editors and other mod authors can use to utilize optional voice commands for their mission or mod. However, we need to develop those features as well as attract a mod developer that is willing to work with us for this to be possible; we would also need to realize enough community support to actually get high profile mods and missions to use the feature as well.

An amazing work man, Arma like it's meant to be played. Thank you so much fo it :D

Any advance with multi language? I would like to try it in Spanish. I couldn't install the English Voice Recognizer on my PC :( To do that I must install my whole OS in English and It's not good because I use my PC for work.

Thank you!

How long did it take you to train it? Were you just constantly using the configure Windows Speech Recognition to train it or just over time in using Articulate it finally got trained?

How long did it take you to train it? Were you just constantly using the configure Windows Speech Recognition to train it or just over time in using Articulate it finally got trained?

I want to know this too.

I want to know this too.

Hi can anyone help me.Just downloaded articulate,and for whatever reason it works fine on desktop,but crashes whenever i try give order ingame. is there some way and place in particular im meant to install this or am i missing something?

I want to know this too.

I'm not sure. About an hour using the Recognition software. Just follow the steps it gives you (at least it does in Win7 Pro) and recite what it puts on the screen.

I'm not sure. About an hour using the Recognition software. Just follow the steps it gives you (at least it does in Win7 Pro) and recite what it puts on the screen.

I did something kind of similar. I ran through the first two Win 7 training things and then I opened up a text document and just read the commands that Articulate supports, using the "correct that" command to fix when it got it wrong. So "Watch north" and "Select team blue" - that kind of thing. I didn't go through everything and I'm sure more training would help, but even doing that seemed to help.

Hello everyone,

It's release day again! I realize that we haven't exactly been sticking to a schedule, everyone working on the project has been seriously busy with work and life, and unfortunately Articulate has taken a bit of a back seat in light of that. We do have some cool news though, we have a new member on the Articulate team - Alec - who is to be in charge of getting an integration addon working with ArmA 3. We've been discussing this on and off, but unfortunately neither Michael or myself have the experience necessary to replicate the standard command menu in SQF/FSM commands. At this point we've got a functional interface between Articulate and ArmA 3 working, allowing us to execute scripts within ArmA from Articulate - a major step forward in removing the need for key emulation.

With any luck, we'll have a bit more to share with you guys in the coming weeks. Unfortunately however, this release is more of a maintenance release, it fixes a few small spelling mistakes in the commands and adds a Swedish translation. I've also added an automated error reporting tool which should help reduce the turnaround time between someone experiencing a crash and us finding out the cause behind it - something which was previously a major headache for us and certainly hindered our ability to solve some common issues people were having.

Changes

- Added a Swedish translation courtesy of Mange

- Fixed problems with the Supression commands courtesy of Will Hart

- Added automated error reporting code to make finding bugs faster - uses Sentry

As always, you can download the latest release at https://github.com/Mpstark/articulate/releases

Spartan,

Thanks for the update and the good news. Are you really trying to remove key emulation from Articulate? I was hoping you are still considering custom commands. This feature would need more key emulation, not less, wouldn't it? Or am I misunderstanding something?