Sign in to follow this  
jacmac

Dear Domination Author(s)...

I don't know if the license.txt file included with every Arma 3 version of Domination I've downloaded was tossed in at the original release of Domination for Arma and then modified over the years by numerous developers/hackers, but it is now invalid. For one thing, if you modify a Creative Commons license, it cannot be called a Creative Commons license any longer as stipulated here:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Can_I_change_the_license_terms_or_conditions.3F

To utilize Creative Commons, the license must be left intact or or any mention of Creative Commons must be removed. As such, the Creative Commons aspect of license.txt is invalid and unenforceable as it violates the terms of use.

Unfortunately for the author(s), there is no definition in any valid part of license.txt for "work" or "Domination" which is what most of the rambling preamble to the Creating Commons license references. As such, none of the contents of license.txt contains any valid restriction against doing anything with the code, live streaming, monetizing videos, or uploading it into Steam Workshop.

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone actually cared.

Edited by Jacmac

Gotta hate licensing...

No offense! It's just that most Authors (including myself) probably don't even think about that, at all or have copyright etc. in their minds.

Well I do find it important to license my stuff. And that's because of the open source principle/culture. I only want to share something IF persons who modify the stuff I made, extend or improve it, actually also give everyone the right to do so when redistributing.

I think that's important and the ArmA community is a good example for that.