Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Tom Clancy dies aged 66

Best-selling US author Tom Clancy, known to millions for his Jack Ryan series of novels, has died aged 66, his publisher has confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24372224

A moment of silence is in order for the man that founded Red Storm Entertainment, and gave us some of the best tactical games in history. Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell.

Sad hear, such a great author. May he rest in peace.

unfortunately to hear that. a while ago i started reading his books and im actual on patriot games. i like his writing style and how he was describing weaponsystems. really bad that he can't go on writing such good books. rest in peace tom clancy.

Oh God no....

Well the quality of everything with the Tom Clancy brand on it has been decreasing since some time (mostly because of not so good ghostwriters) but this mans work has given me hundreds of hours of joy during my youth. May he rest in peace. :(

I just heard an hour ago or so. I'm still stunned. Chill bumps. The world lost one hell of a writer yesterday, and will be worse off because of it. :(

His books allowed me an escape. I could read for 8 hours straight and it'd only feel like 2. They were the only constant in my life for a long time, and got me through major surgery and the painful months before and after. They helped save my life, on multiple occasions. I just... I'm stunned.

Enjoyed his writing style and have many of his books..

Rest In Peace..

Tom Clancy is my only favourite author. All the books I have read have been anything but dull. Rest in peace, Tom.

May he rest in peace and his russophobic nonsence which he wrote.

Edited by Amra

If you don't like his work, find a more appropriate venue to express your criticisms.

If you don't have anything good to say about someone that has died, better keep it for yourself.

QEPD.

OMG where'd that come from. I read red Storm Rising in HS an another 4-5 times later on just brilliant author! RIP