Sign in to follow this  
lukrop

Annihilation [NATO/DEVGRU]

I seem to have a problem with missions involving finding and eliminating HVTs. In the A.O., there is an enemy officer who I kill, but the game does not acknowledge that I have completed the objective. And i'm pretty sure that officer was the objective, cause there were no other enemy officers around and I search in each and every building in the mission A.O.

Noticed another bug last night. I was playing with a friend last night where the objective was to search and destroy a weapons cache. My friend found the weapons cache, but I could not see it where he was seeing it. In fact I could not see the objective at all. He tried destroying the cache with c4 and other explosives, but there was no effect whatsoever.

I seem to have a problem with missions involving finding and eliminating HVTs. In the A.O., there is an enemy officer who I kill, but the game does not acknowledge that I have completed the objective. And i'm pretty sure that officer was the objective, cause there were no other enemy officers around and I search in each and every building in the mission A.O.
Noticed another bug last night. I was playing with a friend last night where the objective was to search and destroy a weapons cache. My friend found the weapons cache, but I could not see it where he was seeing it. In fact I could not see the objective at all. He tried destroying the cache with c4 and other explosives, but there was no effect whatsoever.

Both problems seem to be related to some kind of locality issue. I didn't have time to play ArmA for quite some time but I hope I have more time soon. I know that both missions worked the last time I played the mission. On dedicated and self-hosted servers alike. I'll have a look into all that after I updated my mods/game. I really have/had to do stuff in RL sry :( I'll be back! :D

Both problems seem to be related to some kind of locality issue. I didn't have time to play ArmA for quite some time but I hope I have more time soon. I know that both missions worked the last time I played the mission. On dedicated and self-hosted servers alike. I'll have a look into all that after I updated my mods/game. I really have/had to do stuff in RL sry :( I'll be back! :D

Oh wait, you know what? I didn't have CBA turned on. Could that be the cause of the bugs?

Oh wait, you know what? I didn't have CBA turned on. Could that be the cause of the bugs?

Yeah, CBA is required for this mission.

Thanks for this mission! My group is having a lot of fun with it, even with only three or four people :)

I have a question/issue here, I'm wondering someone could help solve for me.

Basically for private use, I tried porting this to Takistan via the updated A2Map pack mod. It seemed to work pretty well, but today I tried replacing the boring, stupid future Iranians,I tried to replace them with the Taliban via the CAF_AG Aggressors mod recently released. Now basically I changed the factions txt to read Taliban instead of the CSAT, and also in the config it reads as such:

// friendly faction

// 0 = Taliban

// 1 = NATO

// 2 = INDFOR (AAF)

// 3 = Civilian ## INOP! don't use

// 4 = GRU Russian by massi

// 5 = African Rebel Army by massi

// 6 = African Rebel civilians by massi

// 7 = USSCOM DEVGRU by massi

ani_friendlyFaction = 1;

switch (ani_enemyFaction) do {

case 0: {

// Taliban

ani_mortarClass = "O_Mortar_01_F";

ani_mortarGunnerClass = "CAF_AG_ME_Base";

ani_hvtClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01";

ani_hvtGuardClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01b";

ani_cacheClass = "O_supplyCrate_F";

ani_enemyTruckClass = "O_Truck_02_transport_F";

ani_enemyLeaders = ["CAF_AG_ME_robes_02","CAF_AG_ME_robes_03b","CAF_AG_ME_AK47"];

ani_enemyUnits = ["CAF_AG_ME_robes_01","CAF_AG_ME_robes_01a","CAF_AG_ME_robes_01b","CAF_AG_ME_robes_02a","CAF_AG_ME_robes_02b","CAF_AG_ME_robes_02d",

"CAF_AG_ME_robes_02e","CAF_AG_ME_GL","CAF_AG_ME_robes_03","CAF_AG_ME_robes_03a", "CAF_AG_ME_RPG","CAF_AG_ME_robes_04","CAF_AG_ME_robes_04a",

"CAF_AG_ME_robes_04b","CAF_AG_ME_SVD","CAF_AG_ME_RPK","CAF_AG_ME_PK","CAF_AG_ME_AA"];

ani_enemyVehicles = ["CAF_AG_ME_Offroad","CAF_AG_ME_van_01","CAF_AG_ME_Offroad_armed_01"];

};

And also further down the config:

switch (ani_friendlyFaction) do {

ani_uavClass = "O_UAV_02_F";

ani_chopperClass = "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F";

ani_recruit_ARClass = "CAF_AG_ME_PK";

ani_recruit_MGClass = "CAF_AG_ME_PK";

ani_recruit_ATClass = "CAF_AG_ME_RPG";

ani_recruit_LATClass = "CAF_AG_ME_AA";

ani_recruit_MedicClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01a";

ani_recruit_PilotClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_04b";

ani_recruit_EngineerClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01a";

};

And also replaced the CSAT rifleman class on the map where it has the opfor, friendly and nato riflemen that get deleted (I don't know why they are there exactly) to one of the Taliban rifleman classed. And yet, it still uses CSAT. I don't get it, I replaced the default classes with the Taliban class names as you see above, yet it keeps giving me a middle finger and gives me the damn Iranian super soldiers instead. It's done my head in and can't for the life of me figure out why.

I have a question/issue here, I'm wondering someone could help solve for me.

Basically for private use, I tried porting this to Takistan via the updated A2Map pack mod. It seemed to work pretty well, but today I tried replacing the boring, stupid future Iranians,I tried to replace them with the Taliban via the CAF_AG Aggressors mod recently released. Now basically I changed the factions txt to read Taliban instead of the CSAT, and also in the config it reads as such:

// friendly faction

// 0 = Taliban

// 1 = NATO

// 2 = INDFOR (AAF)

// 3 = Civilian ## INOP! don't use

// 4 = GRU Russian by massi

// 5 = African Rebel Army by massi

// 6 = African Rebel civilians by massi

// 7 = USSCOM DEVGRU by massi

ani_friendlyFaction = 1;

switch (ani_enemyFaction) do {

// Taliban

ani_mortarClass = "O_Mortar_01_F";

ani_mortarGunnerClass = "CAF_AG_ME_Base";

ani_hvtClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01";

ani_hvtGuardClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01b";

ani_cacheClass = "O_supplyCrate_F";

ani_enemyTruckClass = "O_Truck_02_transport_F";

ani_enemyLeaders = ["CAF_AG_ME_robes_02","CAF_AG_ME_robes_03b","CAF_AG_ME_AK47"];

ani_enemyUnits = ["CAF_AG_ME_robes_01","CAF_AG_ME_robes_01a","CAF_AG_ME_robes_01b","CAF_AG_ME_robes_02a","CAF_AG_ME_robes_02b","CAF_AG_ME_robes_02d",

"CAF_AG_ME_robes_02e","CAF_AG_ME_GL","CAF_AG_ME_robes_03","CAF_AG_ME_robes_03a", "CAF_AG_ME_RPG","CAF_AG_ME_robes_04","CAF_AG_ME_robes_04a",

"CAF_AG_ME_robes_04b","CAF_AG_ME_SVD","CAF_AG_ME_RPK","CAF_AG_ME_PK","CAF_AG_ME_AA"];

ani_enemyVehicles = ["CAF_AG_ME_Offroad","CAF_AG_ME_van_01","CAF_AG_ME_Offroad_armed_01"];

};

And also further down the config:

switch (ani_friendlyFaction) do {

ani_uavClass = "O_UAV_02_F";

ani_chopperClass = "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F";

ani_recruit_ARClass = "CAF_AG_ME_PK";

ani_recruit_MGClass = "CAF_AG_ME_PK";

ani_recruit_ATClass = "CAF_AG_ME_RPG";

ani_recruit_LATClass = "CAF_AG_ME_AA";

ani_recruit_MedicClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01a";

ani_recruit_PilotClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_04b";

ani_recruit_EngineerClass = "CAF_AG_ME_robes_01a";

};

And also replaced the CSAT rifleman class on the map where it has the opfor, friendly and nato riflemen that get deleted (I don't know why they are there exactly) to one of the Taliban rifleman classed. And yet, it still uses CSAT. I don't get it, I replaced the default classes with the Taliban class names as you see above, yet it keeps giving me a middle finger and gives me the damn Iranian super soldiers instead. It's done my head in and can't for the life of me figure out why.

You just changed the class names for the mission objectives and the recruitment classes (if you play as taliban, you could recruit taliban soldiers). You need to change the classes used to spawn enemy AI. Those classes are in SLP\SLP_units_config.sqf (hence SLP is used to spawn all enemy AI). Just read any commented code in the file and you should be good to go. ;)

edit: BTW, please share your version, I'd be interested in playing this on Takistan with Taliban units! :)

Edited by lukrop

Hi Lukrop. A big fan. This is my edit of your mission that we used to play at my community. I wanted to share it as we no longer able to host it because of your CBA requirement.

I just want to highlight the UAV board and class based personal equipment as well as an edited INS revive script version in there. All is shared in good faith. Anybody is free to take, use, modify.

And I also want to ask if a pure vanilla version can be released. I tried to remove the CBA functions used, but I ran into a big trouble. Anyway always enjoyed this mission. We are hoping to be able to host it again.

@ lukrop

Hey mate.

I have an 'open' conversation with a friend who -also- likes your mission.

He is curious on "how much hours have you spend until now to build this mission as is?" (a rough estimate at least plz)

@ lukrop

Hey mate.

I have an 'open' conversation with a friend who -also- likes your mission.

He is curious on "how much hours have you spend until now to build this mission as is?" (a rough estimate at least plz)

I would guess it was close to 100 hours until now. I spent most of the time (play-)testing.

edit: BTW I'm working on the mission again, expect some updates sooner or later. ;)

Edited by lukrop

Just an FYI: I'm in the process of completly rewriting the mission. Currently I'm building a USMC version on Takistan. This changes the dependencies for the mission. You'll need CBA, A3MP, CAF_AG and USMC_A3. I'll create a Altis version too as soon as I have the mission in a reasonable state again. Despite A3MP the dependencies are much more leightweight now. You can have a look at the work in progress over at GitHub. The mission is already in a playable state but there is still some functionality missing. But don't hesitate to try it out. :)

As soon as the mission is in a more polished state I'll start porting it to various islands. Actually the porting to other islands is pretty easy.

As soon as the mission is in a more polished state I'll start porting it to various islands. Actually the porting to other islands is pretty easy.

What ever became of this? I just discovered the mission, and I have to say I'm quite impressed. I would like to know how to increase the enemy count and add missions/locations. I would love to build on this, but it seems a lot of the scripts are only partially commented. Thanks in advance guys!

It's on my TODO list. I just had a longer ARMA break. :) I'll keep you posted!