Sign in to follow this  
lukrop

Annihilation [NATO/DEVGRU]

This mission is amazing, keep up the great work.

My only problem is I couldn't rescue the pilot, we tried everything, is there a certain slot you have to be in to rescue him? I don't know if it's required, but you should add that the chopper must be destroyed too.

Since your inspiration came from TFOR, the only thing missing are random patrols and IEDs.

EDIT: Enemy reinforcements would be cool too, if you are attacking an objective, there should be a small chance that reinforcements show up.

Edited by JDMT

This mission is amazing, keep up the great work.

My only problem is I couldn't rescue the pilot, we tried everything, is there a certain slot you have to be in to rescue him? I don't know if it's required, but you should add that the chopper must be destroyed too.

Since your inspiration came from TFOR, the only thing missing are random patrols and IEDs.

EDIT: Enemy reinforcements would be cool too, if you are attacking an objective, there should be a small chance that reinforcements show up.

Thanks! Actually the pilot should have an action attached. As soon as you get near him you should have a entry in the action menu which says 'Rescue'. If you activate the action the pilot will join your group and will follow the orders of the group leader. Then you'll have to bring him back to the base to the flagpole. But maybe something is bugged I'll try to have a look at it.

Regarding the random patrols and the reinforcements. They are already there but maybe the number of random patrols is not high enough (trying to keep the mission as resource friendly as possible). Also the reinforcements are already in the mission, maybe they are a bit too slow/too far away from the AO. I want to make some adjustments to them too.

IEDs are a good idea but for now I want to invest the time into the creation of more missions and add some more locations. I want to maintain the high amount of "randomness" but still make every mission and location play nice together so that the missions are more immersive and that you'll be able to walk away from every mission with a funny story. :D

edit: yeah, the CSAR Pilot mission is bugged. Somehow the action to rescue the poor guy doesn't get added. Need to look into that.

Edited by lukrop

The cache markers delete if you join in progress.

Yeah, there are several JIP issues I'm currently looking into. Anyways I fixed a bug regarding the location selection (diffrent mission could take place in the same area) and fixed some of the marker problems. I'll be testing the mission tonight and I'll release 0.3.2 probably tomorrow if everything goes well. As always, current changes are in the repository so feel free to test them yourself. ;)

edit: thanks for the hint JDMT, I think I found the issue.

Edited by lukrop

Just updated the first post and released 0.3.2

- fixed mission location selection using sometimes the same location twice
- fixed CSAR Pilot mission
- tweaked AI skill levels
- updated mission briefing (typos/fixes)
- made markers JIP compatible
- updated TPWCAS
- small performance improvement (unit, object deletion tweaks and less use of BIS_fnc_MP)

The mission should be more JIP compatible now, please report any problems you are encountering. :)

Just found out that most of the missions are bugged because of a typo. Sorry about that, I'm going to release a hotfix with some other small improvments most likely today or at least tomorrow.

edit: changes/hotfix are already in git...

edit2: I just updated the main post with the hotfixed versions.

Edited by lukrop

Your mission is really nice, but the problem is on our server the mission freeze after a time.

Sometimes at the beginning sometimes after 2 or 3 missions.

Its like an desync without desync everbody can move and so on but nobody can see the other one and so on.

Domination and other greater missiones make no probs so i dont think its our server.

Any ideas about this ???

Unfortunately I can confirm these problems.

We noticed huge desyncs after respawn/revive.

I hope you will/can fix this, the mission seems to have lot of potential!

(We've played the NATO-version on a dedicated server)

I noticed something similar. It only happend after respawn. It was like a massiv desync which the server couldn't cope with and never resynced everyone. I have two potential candidates that could be responsible for that. First one is the BIS vehicle respawn system and the second one is the =BTC= revive. Though both of them are actually pretty well established. I wanted to change the way the vehicles are respawned anyways and a lighter script for handling revive and respawn for people would be awesome too. First of all I'm going to have a look if there is a more up to date version of =BTC= revive than the one the mission is currently using and then I'll be writing up some FSM for the vehicle respawn I think.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes ..unfortunately those issues with Desync leading to server's death are present.

We also suspected they are associated with revive.

Unfortunately (#2) you seem to use version 0.94 of BTC revive..which it's probably the latest available version. :/

*I don't want to bash Giallustio..but this revive is generally troublemaker for me (Surgically extracted it from a mission gained ~8-10 FPS).

Edited by GiorgyGR

I just added Farooq's Revive to the mission. The revive system the mission uses is adjustable by paramters. I wrote a simple FSM handling vehicle respawn. Currently the vehicle deserted delay is not working, vehicles will stay were they are until they get destroyed and respawn back at base.

0.3.3-testing NATO .pbo

0.3.3-testing DEVGRU .pbo

Please test the mission and report if you still have any of the above issues. You can also try to disable the spawning of the mod weapon crates since they seem to desync the server at start too. The vanilla crates shouldn't make any problems since they are in the mission itself and only get deleted if desired. They are not spawned after mission start so they shouldn't add up to desync.

Edited by lukrop

I really liked this mission -and i m sure the problems will be eventually eliminated-

I will try the version with Farook's revive tomorrow.

May i make a suggestion please?

Could you add a probability or "Standard" the enemy Reinforcements will be spawned in form of Armored Vehicles in a distance non less than 3-4 kilometers (or even more)

and approach the AO from random position?

(It would be nice also a (maybe selectable) probability of enemy CAS helis (spawned more than 6-7 km of course..)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Got a few more mission ideas for you:

Underwater demolition

Deliver an ammo HEMTT to a town/fortification, either fighting on your way in, or fighting to get out

Destroy a radio tower

And some other suggestions:

I don't know if I suggested this earlier, but destroying the downed Ghosthawk should be a requirement to complete that mission.

Can you add a parameter that allows us to pick between 1-x missions to do, instead of the set 6.

Please test the mission and report if you still have any of the above issues.

I´ve tested the Mission with a mate.

No Probs with revive/ respawn. Also no Probs with Desync at all (even at the start).

Good Job- Thanks!:)

Thx lukrop for improving your mission, but please be aware farooqs revive script keeps the player captive after clicking sucide.

you have to correct

{

player setCaptive false;

player allowDamage true;

player setDamage 1;

};

only an information if needed.

Edited by Speedygonzales

I already fixed that beforehand and also posted my fix in Farooqs thread. :)

Ok cool. Yeah but the problem still exist on our server.

When someone joins we have very often a server crash, and sometimes random, but never come threw the first mission without server crash.

Its a pitty that the mission dont run stable on our server, and the strange thing we dont have probs with other missions so i dont think its because the server performance.

Our server is running in Stable Mode, mayby thats the reason ?

That could indeed be the problem. I only test/play on the development branch. I need to look if I'm using code that's not in stable yet. Could you provide more information on the crash? The .rpt logs would help too. I only had one "server crash" that was caused due to massive desync which was coming from =BTC= or/and the vehicle respawn. Both things seem to be fixed now (using farooq's revive and a custom FSM for vehicle respawn). Played all mission in one run several times now with my friends and had no problems. As I said we are all on the development branch and I'm testing on a dedicated server.

edit: are you running 0.3.3-testing?

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

I just released 0.3.3. Changes:

- mortar mission hotfix
- hotfix for all missions (deletion of mission objects)
- updated VAS
- tpwcas chooses the appropriate mode now (SP/MP)
- following three changes to minimize desync potential:
   - using Farooq's revive by default now for better performance
   - changed the way ammoboxes at start are handled for less/no desync at start
   - custom vehicle respawn FSM. For now only respawn but no deserted delay are implemented

Please report if you encounter any problems.

Edited by lukrop

edit: are you running 0.3.3-testing?

Please report if you encounter any problems.

So we've tested the new version yesterday and I'm sorry but I have to tell you, that the desync problem still exist.

boggler;2541489']So we've tested the new version yesterday and I'm sorry but I have to tell you' date=' that the desync problem still exist.[/quote']

Are you running the development branch or stable? I start to think that my mission doesn't like stable somehow.

How many players are on the server? Is the server really crashing or "just" desyncing?

Do you progress further than the first mission? Does it happen at a particular mission?

Sorry, I have to ask that many questions since I can't reproduce the problem. Maybe I'll revert to stable and see if I can find something. Currently I'm a bit puzzled since I can't think of anything right now that is causing the desync issues.. :(

edit: NATO or DEVGRU version?

edit2: please also tell me paramters used/changed from default values.

Also maybe you could try to disable any suppresion (TPWCAS/TPWEBS) and revive (=BTC=, FAR) scripts. I simply don't see any resource/performance hog right now.

Edited by lukrop

Ok I just uploaded a new testing version:

Version 0.3.4-testing

testing .pbo NATO version

testing .pbo DEVGRU version

I made many small improvements/fixes that could possibly be the reason for the desync issues some of you are having. I drastically reduced the rate at which enemies are spawned after mission start and at new missions. I also changed SLP to spawn less threads while spawning enemies. I reduced the vehicle count at base. There is a new paramter which disables the marker synchronization for JIPs (it also disables the question marks for the cache mission and the marker for the downed chopper for the CSAR pilot mission). This is for testing purposes to see if this could be the reason for the issues.

If you are having any issues regarding desync please give me some feedback. Please provide the RPT log (of the server), which version you used (NATO/DEVGRU), which paramters were used (only those changed from default values), if you were running any mods and which ones and how many players were on the server.

I hope we can get this issue fixed, I'd love to add new missions and stuff but this needs to be addressed first because the main motiviation behind this mission was and is good performance. ;)

Hi lukrop,

First off I have got to say I am loving your mission! I'm playing with a friend on the NATO version and so far it seems to be running very well, though am just hosting on my PC and not on a dedicated server, we have had a couple of desyncs but generally it sems to have run OK.

My request or question is, can you add an option to change the time of day? Or let us know what I need to alter it. ( I just dont like the look of dawn in ARMA :) ). I have tried to edit it myself and set a differnet time but it seems to be overridden by something??? I also tried to add a UAV operator but he doesnt appear either.

Any assitance would be gratefully receieved!

As for mods - my friend is currently running clean, I set the game up on my comp and am running - CBA/sthud/tmr ( cuttenly disabled )/tpwcas/TPW. All seem to run wihjtout issues between eitehr of us.

Cheers

Edited by Ratcatcher722

Hi lukrop,

My request or question is, can you add an option to change the time of day? Or let us know what I need to alter it. ( I just dont like the look of dawn in ARMA :) ). I have tried to edit it myself and set a differnet time but it seems to be overridden by something??? I also tried to add a UAV operator but he doesnt appear either.

Look at the mission parameters (in the lobby, where you select slots). The first paramter sets the time of the day. ;)

I want to add UAVs in general to the mission at some point but I don't know exactly when that will be.

As for mods - my friend is currently running clean, I set the game up on my comp and am running - CBA/sthud/tmr ( cuttenly disabled )/tpwcas/TPW. All seem to run wihjtout issues between eitehr of us.

CBA, sthud, TMR are no problem. TPW is generally a SP mod as of now and I don't really recommend using it in a MP environment until tpw makes it completly MP compatible (some parts are already working in MP). This could cause some desync unfortunatly.

Regarding TPWCAS (the addon version) I recommend turning off the suppression in the mission parameters since I don't know how well the script version (included in my mission) plays with the addon version.

Ok I just uploaded a new testing version:

Version 0.3.4-testing

testing .pbo NATO version

testing .pbo DEVGRU version

I made many small improvements/fixes that could possibly be the reason for the desync issues some of you are having. I drastically reduced the rate at which enemies are spawned after mission start and at new missions. I also changed SLP to spawn less threads while spawning enemies. I reduced the vehicle count at base. There is a new paramter which disables the marker synchronization for JIPs (it also disables the question marks for the cache mission and the marker for the downed chopper for the CSAR pilot mission). This is for testing purposes to see if this could be the reason for the issues.

If you are having any issues regarding desync please give me some feedback. Please provide the RPT log (of the server), which version you used (NATO/DEVGRU), which paramters were used (only those changed from default values), if you were running any mods and which ones and how many players were on the server.

I hope we can get this issue fixed, I'd love to add new missions and stuff but this needs to be addressed first because the main motiviation behind this mission was and is good performance. ;)

Tested the new version and had an awesome time today. It seems you reduced the desync problem.

Edited by [LB] boggler