Sign in to follow this  
$able

New BattlEye Feature: Mission-specific Script/Event Filters

Starting with BE Server v1.177, Arma 3 server admins can now load script and event filters that will only be active when a specific mission is being played on the server.

To use this feature, simply put your mission-specific filter files (scripts.txt, remoteexec.txt, createvehicle.txt, etc.) into a subfolder called the same as the mission file name minus the ".pbo" extension in your BE working directory, for example "Wasteland_by_Sa-Matra.Stratis". They will then be automatically loaded when the corresponding mission is selected on the server and can also be normally (re)loaded via the "loadScripts" and "loadEvents" RCon commands.

The files in the BE working directory itself will still be loaded and simply act as global filters that are active all the time.

stickied ...

...reserved for furthe info ...

That is what we have been waiting for to improve our BE filters and make them harder for hackers :)

Starting with BE Server v1.177, Arma 3 server admins can now load script and event filters that will only be active when a specific mission is being played on the server.

To use this feature, simply put your mission-specific filter files (scripts.txt, remoteexec.txt, createvehicle.txt, etc.) into a subfolder called the same as the mission file name minus the ".pbo" extension in your BE working directory, for example "Wasteland_by_Sa-Matra.Stratis". They will then be automatically loaded when the corresponding mission is selected on the server and can also be normally (re)loaded via the "loadScripts" and "loadEvents" RCon commands.

The files in the BE working directory itself will still be loaded and simply act as global filters that are active all the time.

Any reason why I was honered to have my mission mentioned as example? :)

Edited by SaMatra

Also will all players download these files with the mission? If yes then it will be a sort of counterproductive since cheaters will use it.

I think part of the point of putting them in a folder outside of the mission PBO is that they won't be downloaded. ;)

Also, the BE filter files aren't used on the client anyway, so there's no reason why they should be.

EDIT: Btw. very nice and useful new feature. Thanks $able. :)

I think part of the point of putting them in a folder outside of the mission PBO is that they won't be downloaded. ;)

Also, the BE filter files aren't used on the client anyway, so there's no reason why they should be.

EDIT: Btw. very nice and useful new feature. Thanks $able. :)

Oops, I misread original post, thanks for the correction.

Any reason why I was honered to have my mission mentioned as example? :)

probaby popularity combined with luck ;)

$able

Can you make a high priority for mission filters, please?

Filter files in the root folder have higher priority now and overwrites mission filters.