Sign in to follow this  
DocSnug

What Graphic Card for my new i5 4570?

Hi there,

dont know where else to ask, so I ask in general ;)

I bought a i5 4570 and a new mainboard and a ssd. So now there's just the graphic card left, that needs to get updated (got a radeon 4650 or something like that at the moment :D).

So what graphic card would you buy for this system? It shouldnt slow the fps in this system, but neither do I need a really big graphic card. I really have to care for the money, so i would get the cheapest with the best perfomance in this price category.

thanks for your help,

cheers

DocSnug

I would wait at least another month. AMD just announced a series of new GPUs and I bet NVIDIA will have to respond with either a drop in existing prices or introduce some new models in November.

Does your motherboard and PSU support SLI? If it does, GTX 760 should be a good option as you will be able to upgrade to 2xSLI GTX 760 setup in the future.

If you don't want to spend too much but want something good get a nvidia GTX 670/760 or AMD 7970 which are cheap right now (also the AMD R9 280X that replaces the 7970 will be out next month and should be around the same price). All of these cards are at least about £200 by the way. The cheapest for the best performance would be the AMD 7950 depending on if you're willing to overclock it or not and they are sub £200 at the moment.

As Simas said wait a month, that's what I'm doing to upgrade from my GTX570.

Yep I also suggest GTX 670/760. 670 beats 760 just bit so it's the price that matters.

Moved to a bit more appropriate section IMO.

I recently upgraded to i5-4870K and GTX 760 and I'm rather very happy with it.

Just buy a gtx 670 or 760. Also on AMD side the 7970 and 7950 are dropping in price and have more vram.

AAAND new cards around $250 will be released by BOTH amd and nvidia this month.

My gtx 780 gives me the same framerates as my gtx 670 in ARMA 3... Makes me feel like selling my 780.

I am very happy with my 680 4GB. You can get good prices on these now, performance only a little lower than a 770. I have a Palit Jetstream which overclocks easily due to its excellent cooling.

Depends on what size Display your using( 1080p,1440p,1200p ? less?). And of course how much money you want to spend. Best bang for buck right now is a 7950, but more card (AMD or Nvida) is better.

can highly recommend the 7970 and gtx670

just stay away from nvidia gtx cards with 4gb vram as none of them except the very high end cards can utilize that amount due to slow memory bus etc