John_Lennon

Placing Trees / Bushes / Rocks

Hi

I would like to place Trees, Bushes & Rocks in the Editor... I used to place Buildings with the Tutorial from Youtube (placing an invisible Helipad with Init: bla bla= "Land_House_F" createVehicle position this; deleteVehicle this;)

But i did not find anything about how to place Trees..

Thanks for your help ;-)

Trees, Bushes & Rocks have no className, so you are not able to place them.

There is a way to make them placeable, but that would require to write own configs for Trees, Bushes & Rocks and load it as a addOn to your game.

Right now there is no such mod out for arma 3.

There is a way to make them placeable, but that would require to write own configs for Trees, Bushes & Rocks and load it as a addOn to your game.

what a pitty... would have been nice if Trees could have been handled like buildings, to place them in a map, without any use of addons... :-/

thanks for your quick answer!

Well, there were mods doing this for arma 2 so i have no doubt, that there will be some for arma 3 :)

wont it be something like this but you have to change it with the tree, rock or bush name?

if (isServer) then {
   _lamp = createVehicle ["[i]Land_LampStreet_F[/i]", getPos [i]lampspot_1[/i],[], 1, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
}; 

Anyone found a workaround on this ... I would really like to add trees to my new town...

You can certainly do it using the method shown by Yonose. The issue as noted already, is that these objects are not visible to the editor. To which there might be some future mods (that might not require, 'requiring' the mod). There might actually be one already, I'd check http://www.armaholic.com for A3 Editor Updates. If I find the time (not likely soon) I might finish mine for A3.

Until then, you can search for the relative 'classnames' for the objects (whatever it might be, chances are if you can see it game, you can get into a mission.), in the BIS .pbos and the config.cpp files contained within. There are many ways to do this, but is a separate topic all together, and has been covered in many places. Basic process though, copy out .pbo (eg.. rocks_f.pbo), and unpack it utilizing something like extractPBO which can be found here with all kinds of other goodies. Find relevant classname, utilize as shown above by Yonose.

I think he's talking about objects that don't actually have a classname? Most bushes/trees/rocks only have a model and an ID, but aren't configured besides that. I don't think it's possible to place them without the use of addons. (And you'll need the addon to play missions made with those new configured objects then)

I can just reply myself... :j:

its possible place rocks and plants without addons!

Demonstrating how would be more helpful than simply stating that it's possible. :)

• Like 1

The createSimpleObject command allows you to spawn in any .p3d file.

You are the man. I didn't read the full changelog last time.

You deserve a huge thank you. Or even more. I don't really know  :rolleyes:

BUT BOHEMIA WHY THE HELL THESE  OBJECT DOES NOT HAVE A F***** CLASSNAME ? IS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO ADD 3+ LINES TO A F***** FILE ? PLEASE

You are the man. I didn't read the full changelog last time.

You deserve a huge thank you. Or even more. I don't really know  :rolleyes:

BUT BOHEMIA WHY THE HELL THESE  OBJECT DOES NOT HAVE A F***** CLASSNAME ? IS IT TOO DIFFICULT TO ADD 3+ LINES TO A F***** FILE ? PLEASE

Rocks are already placeable in 3DEN and I am sure vegetation will follow.

Rocks are already placeable in 3DEN and I am sure vegetation will follow.

Rocks are static, vegetation should be able to be affected by wind, which simple objects are currently not.

I tried 
_tree = createVehicle ["Pine_1", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];

but it is now working

On other hand this is working
_tree = createSimpleObject ["a3\plants_f\tree\t_PinusS1s_F.p3d", [0,0,0]];

How to create tree with createVehicle ?

On other hand this is working

_tree = createSimpleObject ["a3\plants_f\tree\t_PinusS1s_F.p3d", [0,0,0]];
How to create tree with createVehicle ?

You cannot without a mod/Addon. Just use simpleObject, it also wins the performance Battle with createVehicle.

I would also love to see trees and shrubs in the editor. I find the default terrains far to sparse with vegetation.

Although vanilla Arma is lacking, there are tons of trees and shrubs available with CUP terrains. I use them frequently.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:16 AM, EO said:

Yep, agreed!..why we don't have access to ALL assets to use in the editor is a strange one indeed.   @ozdeadmeat, all A3 vegetation is available with this neat little addon.

Note that trees/shrubs placed from Eden Extended Objects are affected by wind so they look good.  But they cannot be destroyed.  setDamage has no effect on them.  In fact if you try to run over a fern with a tank, the tank will get stuck on that object.

1 minute ago, phronk said:

Thanks bro, great link with comprehensive list of p3ds.  But shrubs created via createSimpleObject can't be destroyed, and I need them to fall...  But I know that link will come in handy in the future though.