Sign in to follow this  
DJankovic

Objects ID`s Problem

Hello guys..i don't know again is this correct forum thread section but i need help..i am 1 week stuck at one project..i am making a base on Chernarus and i finished it but.. i have problems with objects ID`s everyone know those open-able gates in exit`s from NW Airfield and yea..i am trying over Game Logic via this

Name: Lgate2 (FOR LEFT GATE)

Init: Lgate2=position this nearestObject 143279;Lgate2 animate ["DoorL",1]; ( changing L to R for Right side Gate)

so yea..i manage to open few of those with this..but mostly i am stuck because i manage on every gate to open only DOORL but for Right Gate i cant see 2nd object ID so maybe someone had same problem or even know some site where i can get a list of objects ID`s maybe or something like that??? Before u all ask yea i did try`ed to move few numbers up and down changing... if u want i will post you picture of 1 long page written with numbers XD I would be thank full on that. Please help me i don't want to discard the project because of 1 gate.. :(

Respectfully submitted by : D. Janković

THANK YOU!

Ok..Small edit explanation of things that i am talking about so yea.. it is about this type of gates

http://min.us/lZIuRNZ9kKCPd (over 100kb)

and this is what i got now

http://min.us/lb001nYqVsVRP3 (over 100kb)

so yea.. Gate number 1 (grid 042103) Left gate working by game logic ID 143279,right side gate dont work

gate number 2 all working (grid 014111) 136244 left,136243 right (this is the first gate that i manage to open and i thought it would be easy but not LOL)

gate number 3 (grid 047107) only Left gate work 137646 (gates from picture,and have in mind gates side are decided from outside,so if u are coming in airfield gates are like this on first picture L-R if you are exiting it is inverted so R-L)

gate number 4 both doors working (grid 052097) 146042 L side,146036 R side gate so yea..i hope this explains what i am thinking about..and i hope someone have solution how can i open those gates??? Thank You Very Much!!

Edited by DevilDogCro

I've seen this question a few times now and even though this topic is old, I'll post the proper way of doing this. It's confirmed to work on the ARMA3 Map pack mod. All you need to do is place trigger with Activation set to whatever side (ie BLUFOR) you want the gate opening for, set the trigger to REPEATEDLY and then add the following scripts to that trigger:

North Airfield gate:

On ACT:

(position player nearestObject 136244) animate ["doorl",1];(position player nearestObject 136243) animate ["doorr",1]

On DEA:

(position player nearestObject 136244) animate ["doorl",0];(position player nearestObject 136243) animate ["doorr",0]

East Airfield gate:

On ACT:

(position player nearestObject 137646) animate ["doorl",1];(position player nearestObject 137623) animate ["doorr",1];

On DEA:

(position player nearestObject 137646) animate ["doorl",0];(position player nearestObject 137623) animate ["doorr",0];

South Airfield gate:

On ACT:

(position player nearestObject 146042) animate ["doorl",1];(position player nearestObject 146036) animate ["doorr",1]

On DEA:

(position player nearestObject 146042) animate ["doorl",0];(position player nearestObject 146036) animate ["doorr",0]

West Airfield gate:

On ACT:

(position player nearestObject 143279) animate ["doorl",1];(position player nearestObject 143278) animate ["doorr",1]

On DEA:

(position player nearestObject 143279) animate ["doorl",0];(position player nearestObject 143278) animate ["doorr",0]