Sign in to follow this  
digitalcenturion

[WIP] Combine Transhuman forces

For those of you with excellent memory, this is something I started for Arma 2 almost 3 years ago, but it never came to be anything... Now, with Arma 3 my interest for the series has sparked anew and I decided to give this another go (and STILL no Half-life 3, lol)! Because of the excellent tutorials here and the p3d export tools I was actually able to make something that works in game in a really easy work-flow! So without furter ado, here are some WIP pictures of my Arma 3 Combine Transhuman Overwatch:

Civil Protection officer (will get own helmet type):

civilprotection1.jpg

Combine Overwatch elite very early WIP

elite_early.jpg

Combine Attack helicopter

rah66.jpg

Combine Tank

tank.jpg

Combine Urban Soldier

urban1.jpg

Combine Woodland Soldier

woodland.jpg

Now, as you can probably guess I just love the Half-Life universe and the Arma 3 engine gives new and exiting ways to explore the setting. Currently, it is a bit lacking in feeling and athmosphere, but something is better than nothing, right? I hope someone else would like to chip in and make something like this, I'd really like to see some custom missions with these guys! I have a lot of ideas so if anyone with a bit of a scripting know-how would like to do something, please PM me. Without any kind of xen wildlife this mod does feel a bit lopsided at the moment, it's only basic resistance vs. combine gunfights but maybe in the future when we got something more solid zombie wise we could at least have headcrab zombies (should be pretty easy to model..).

Features so far:

-Civil protection, urban and woodland as well as elite soldiers. Grouped of course.

-Reskins of basic NATO vehicles (AMV, M6 apc, Merkava and AH-99/RAH-66)

-Two new helmet types (scratch made by me, no ports!)

Still to do before first release:

-Fix my RVMAT problems (heeelp!!! PM me)

-Fix shadow issues

-Add civil protection mask

-Add reskinned weapons to match soldiers.

-More vehicle reskins

Cool things I'd like to do/include:

-Custom radio profile that sounds more like the original game ie all distorted

-Headcrab zombies and/or other Xen wildlife.

-Half-life inspired music (I have zero skills in this regard)

-Custom static objects to add ambience.. mostly just some walls and wall terminals, maybe some propaganda towers... With the new PIP tech maybe actual displays possible?

So there you go, tell me what you think!

Here is my Steam gallery for better quality screenies:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970703445/screenshots/

Edited by DigitalCenturion

Cool dude. I think combine fortifications and structures would also go a long ways to enlivening the place.

It's not half life unless there are Orwellian future checkpoints all over the place.

And a HEV Suit for NATO (or a Blue Shift reskin uniform), regular forces won´t stand a chance against the almighty Combine! (thou we don´t have GravGun on ArmA3... but we could mess aroung with PhysX... some modder up to the challenge????) ;D

Thx guys, yeah the fortifications and other Combine tech are pretty much mandatory to set the mood, but otherwise Atlist has a ton of cool places that have a really half-life sort of vibe. Just by closing off the main streets of Kavala with concrete barriers really does a lot for the mood tho. In the far far future a custom island would be awesome.. but think small and all that!

The elite helmet is really early, i think it might be 10% too small so we'll see. It's a pretty loose interpretation, didn't bother to install Source SDK just to grab some good 3-view pics.

A HEV suit would be cool, also proper uniforms with for example the high boots for the elites would be nice, but that will come later if at all. A Grav Gun would be crazy fun tho :cool:

Some more cool ideas:

-Autonomos sentry guns/turrets controllable via UAV terminal or combine computer terminal (hacking??)

I actually like the lack of a 1-to-1 uniform model, it gives your guys a bit more of a lived-in, on-campaign vibe.

And yeah, the drones seems like a natural shoe-in for all sorts of stuff.

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

Sweet stuff! Will be keeping an eye on development.

;2522958']And a HEV Suit for NATO (or a Blue Shift reskin uniform)' date=' regular forces won´t stand a chance against the almighty Combine! [b'](thou we don´t have GravGun on ArmA3... [/b]but we could mess aroung with PhysX... some modder up to the challenge????) ;D

Excuse me??

Push And Kill mod by Faint ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152403-PUSH-amp-KILL-Close-combat-module

For your idea to use automated turrets, there are already some static weapon emplacements that can be operated with a UAV terminal. I'm not sure if they can operate on their own but its defiantly worth a looking into!

My phrase is still correct, we don´t have GravGun, but we have scripts... if some modder (Kiory????) is up to the chagellnge of making a gun that triggers those Push & Kill effects, we´re done ;D

Hahaha, awesome, it always baffled me that no one did this for ArmA 2, glad someone's doing it for 3!

;2523331']My phrase is still correct' date=' [u']we don´t have GravGun[/u], but we have scripts... if some modder (Kiory????) is up to the chagellnge of making a gun that triggers those Push & Kill effects, we´re done ;D

Yes..i admit..you caught me on this.

I want to add that reading this thread i got kinda amused -and i ll give a shot making the grav-gun model (as exercise practice)

in the following days -but i will probably not interfere with O2 (still gives me nightmares) :)

If all goes as planned -and no other more-talented modeler does the job..my model will be available for this mod

Edited by GiorgyGR

very nice, i generally dont like futuristic stuff but this is neat. keep it up man :)

Hello there

Im also not usually a futuristic fan but for some reason these models seem to fit.

Probably a good testament to HL2's designers.

Id like to see more of this mod.

For some reason it would feel more "correct" fighting the combine rather than the Iranians.

Go figure.

Rgds

LoK

Thx guys yeah for me the Iranians feel kinda wrong as enemies as well... But I'll reserve my judgement until BIS releases the campaign perhaps they can make it make sense there ;)

I'm gonna keep these guys scifi-factor pretty low, just like in the game. Probably gonna go with vanilla weapons, with the exception of C1987s Mp7 and Purpls Benelli M4. I envision my mod taking place somtime before the events of HL2 (which takes place 20 years after HL1/Black Mesa incident) which could "explain" the slightly lower tech factor.

I just love the ambience of HL2, especially the first few levels when you were unarmed and just wandered around this total surveillance state! The sinister alien overlord thing is pretty neat too, It's really too bad we probably won't be able to implement iconic synths like the Hunter or Strider. That would be epic indeed!

Giorgy that sounds great, hopefully someone decides to help you with the scripts! Flinging barrels and trucks at the combine would be crazy fun :P