Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

This has nothing to do with Stunts tounge.gif

To answer your question: I dont know! biggrin.gif I just notice one thing. I wanted to choose map Desert and put all vehicules of operation flashpoint on the ground and take a screenshot from the air. But hell I got so many addons it is incredible. You could cover more than half of the island just with vehicules and planes. But once I put all I had into my addons folder the game could no longer "memory-map" the sound files. So my advise is, rename the addon files and give them the name of the vehicule (I hope that works) cause othewise you will have a problem later on find those you no longer want to have! smile.gif

Frankly we're going to try and stick with the same ones as much as possible to stop any problems in the future of us all having to dl them first...

To add files to geocities, goto geocities and sign in, then go to Easy Upload...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">albery<span id='postcolor'>

i always thought his name was Albert........ hmmm strange confused.gif

i think another stunt nite will be fun....what do u guys think?

i will be on IRC after soccer smile.gif

I nominate the Kowasaki, Subaru, and Skoda802. Those 3 Can be used quite often for stunts. Maybe make them standarized stunt vehicles? wink.gif

Well the current ones we are already using are the Kawasaki and red barons challengers v1.4

But the better ones we find then the more likely we will add them. We may use the BMW M5 too.

Once again i miss a good session, but i have MANY sites to work on, im currently doing opflash, im designing the Watashi Wa site (A well known christian Band... I hang out with the leader a lot, had pizza yesturday biggrin.gif) ww.mp3.com/watashiwa

But anyway, then i have the stunt site to work on, plus my g/f to think about, then more God lol

Then my homeschooling work, books, and then talking to friends (important ones)

My life is very full  confused.gif

Well the forums are screwed regardless if i use the ib code it insists to use html for some strange reason so just copy and past it...

Have you used the Skoada802 car?

It's the yellow thing I used in this one.  It's really great, but sometimes when you get to the ramp it collides and stops.

Harnu's stuntman page

I've never seen that car being used before.... Though i've seen it in our addon section i haven't used it.

From the angle that your coming in at the last ramp to me your far from making it... Most people just make the car start on top of the ramp to make it look like that landed it tounge.gif

Ya the angle does look a little messed up doesn't it.  Lemme go backm do it again and see why that is.

Now I see, I had to re-create a jump with the wooden ramp. Whnever I exit the ramp, the angle seems fine, but the nose of the car tips down. I'm never using the grey ramp again, I can't even get up it anymore! That inital touching of it iwth the car makes a complete stop and cuases bad damage!

What kind of special effects would you like me to put together? I've been messing around with radio triggers and can get some neat explosions. Or even cause a lot of smoke for a nice effect. Anything on your mind that would make a jump extra special? Just say so and I'll see if I can get it.

That seems, oookkkk.... lol

The smoke is just a bit too colorful but i like the effect.

So far all we have are the charges and they are too powerful, i admit we need more effects, maybe if we used smoke effects around a jump or right at the top so that you are blind when flying throug the air lol.....

One thing that the developers really need to do is to allow a vehicle to move one direction in the air then turn back slowly, such as for the motorbike. If i try and tail whip i turn left but if wont let me turn back again to land... This would be really usefull.

I may have a modeller too so we will be getting some impressive new ramps to use smile.gif

I can tone down the color of the smoke. I used pure red and blue for those. I can get a lighter, more subtle effect on any color you want really.

But heres my latest stunt. A 3 plane weave! I'll hit the first ramp and exit it going between plane 1 and 2. Let #2 pass under me then come down between 2 and 3.

Enjoy biggrin.gif

3 Plane Weave

Very good mate, i would like to announce that Rambozo, a good friend of mine has accepted to help us out by modelling smile.gif i have sent him some pictures of the kinds of ramps im looking for at the moment and we shall see what they turn out like...

I want to appologise for the lack of activity i've been recently, i've been busy doing many sites but hopefully this weekend i wont be stuck over with work.

When we get this site up which should be within the next couple of weeks, I'm HOPING, then im sure we will get more helpers biggrin.gif

Until then keep working team try to think of really impressive new ways of stunt making and save them so we have a good collection for the site.

It's going to take a while for the site to be completed because im trying to implement php coding into it which a friend of a friend has been willing to help out with so hopefully all the news and addons etc with e-mails and submissions should be automated nicely and laid out well....

You know just for that extra effect...... Though im still not liking the title picture sad.gif and i can't think of anything that will fit...

I know i've asked this before but if anyone would like to try and make an impressive title picture for the site then see what you come up with, but the pixels have to be 855x180 tounge.gif

Harnu, u should make a smoke pattern, maybe like our logo's color or something like that. In the stunt map we should add plane with setheight and setspeed command.

Stunt Master

out

Whats the title pic now? I recall something a few pages back, but im way to lazy to look.

Anyway, a small update is I've got to the point that I can have Vehicles drop smoke. So I can take cessnas or chopper and have them fly over head and drop some stuff VIA radio commands. But I can't really do it with AI yet.

Smoke colors

These are all the colors I've got.  However if you notice the ones that have the numbers after them.  Like grey87 grey 10 etc.  I can't get those to work.  But I can (so far) get just base names to work.  Like grey white blue, anything without the # after it.  So if theres 4 colors, I can only get the base one.

The list of what I can get is pretty big so I can't post it here.  Well I can, but Then I have to go back and fix it so it goes from :

name

name

to

name, name.

Well you see.

That sounds great mate, ok, we need to think of a day that we should all meet on irc because i know that we're lacking lol.....

You have been asked before to make your arrangements in PM's and/or IM's, it would be a shame if this thread had to be closed simply because a minority refuse to do as asked.

Fubar, if we give rough ideas here, we can all collaborate on how a next stunt will go down. It's much easier to do it here, where we can post something and it will stay here so others can read it. Instead of trying to meet on IRC at certain times to talk about it. It's much easier to do it here.

I apologize for any of the stunt team posting times we should meet, that should be done through PM's. But some planning and showing everyone progress as I have been with my "special effects" I don't see how that's a problem.

I'm trying to make more stunts, but one I have in mind will require some scripting. I could do it without it, but that would take hours upon hours of creating stuff, naming it, making triggers. Then do it again, and again, and again. Hopefully if I can get the rest of the stunt thought out to how I like it, and incorparte everthing I want, I should have a new stunt for all of ya soon.