Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Official ofp stuntman thread

............ confused.gif ................I should try that anyway! Just see how many people i can mame in one jump, lol!!

If your in for a main, you need a big truck. There was a topic in the addo on forums about a request for those big trucks(the biggest in the world, which i saw upclose once). Combine that with this, and we have a lot of body bags!

Dont know if you would be able to get it ariborne though......

How about a simply ramp jump into some civvies with sachel charges all over the place, so when you crash into them the whole place explode, cars and bodies flying all over the shop

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Aug. 25 2002,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Would satchels be set off by the crash?<span id='postcolor'>

well whatever is easier and convenient to do biggrin.gif

Get a town, fill it with civilians, and then place a landmine on the road. Have a train of explodible objects leading all over the town. Drive into the landmine, then boom!boom!boom!boom!boom!boom! and -400,456 for a score smile.gif

You can put them at least part-way up the ramp...

Maybe someone will make a "stunt island"...with lots of cliffs, rivers and long streteches of road...

More armoured stunt madness:

082520026123138.jpg

082520026123056.jpg

082520026122964.jpg

The BRDM makes a serviceable stunt vehicle, especially with a spiffy new paintjob!  tounge.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 25 2002,10wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Subaru and Jaguar come pretty close...

Is it OK to edit the config.cpp files to get faster stunt versions of these cars?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I claim to have experience in stunt-cars. The best version (fastest and best suspension) is the Ford Explorer sport. I guarantee you that  smile.gif

and no, simply editing a given car so it drives faster would be gay! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Aug. 25 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 25 2002,10wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Subaru and Jaguar come pretty close...

Is it OK to edit the config.cpp files to get faster stunt versions of these cars?  <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I claim to have experience in stunt-cars. The best version (fastest and best suspension) is the Ford Explorer sport. I guarantee you that  smile.gif

and no, simply editing a given car so it drives faster would be gay!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Damn, not even if it has nitrous oxide? tounge.gif

I dont get the picture above. How can you see your own character from the front without making his head turn away? How could Mayor Fubar do the screenshot above without the use of an Intro-camera-trigger.

If I use the key to make my soldier look around his head turns too, so I can look at him from all sides, but never see his face. confused.gif

Try having other soldier under your command and using the 3rd person command view. That way the guy doesn't turn his head.

Yes, but you see the picture of Mayor Fubar. They are only two and both dont turn their head!

BTW: we should make flashplayer animations of our OFP stunts. Did ever anyone publish a movie with the OFP editor?

The death

If you want to see more the rest of it ask me!

command view, Al...second person under your command is somewhere on the map, so you can use command view

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 24 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can put them at least part-way up the ramp...

Maybe someone will make a "stunt island"...with lots of cliffs, rivers and long streteches of road...<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what i have been trying to explain and get these guys to help out and make..... but everyone is more interested in carrying on in making more screenshots.

YOu are underestimating the time something like this takes. IF you want to have a try download a mapcreator called WRPEDIT. Once you tried out a little bit yourself you will see that something like creating a new map is a tough job. Forget about "a few days work" this is more! wink.gif

Yeah, been there tried that.... I guess i was having fun inventing a new Lava map but then my computer got a virus so then i lost all my work!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

But life sucks smile.gif

WRPEDIT is very hard. I spent more than an hour making half a km of road and gave up making a river in the north of Malden after trying for several hours. Making a half decent island with it takes weeks. I hope the island making tool from BIS is more user friendly...

i hope so. Nothing like sitting down and spending all your time on something when someone else can do it biggrin.gif

Creating the map is no problem, since you don't do it in wrp-edit - you just import it. Adding object to the map is however a pain in the butt due to the fact that you have to do in in wrpedit. Great program otherwise, too bad they had to mess up the user interface.

But, back on topic. I would suggest one of three things:

1) Marxist-Leninist approach: We choose a standard map, standard vehicle and standard set of auxilary vehicles that will be involved in the stunt. Then with the same tools we then compete for the best jumps.

2) Minimalistic approach: 1 car 2 ramps. Do most of it.

3) Anarchist aproach: Screw the fascist 1) and 2) approach and just make stunts like you want to and post screenshots.