Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Napoleonic Mod 0.1 Alpha

!!URGENT!!

I know you're finished with this but... Reloading while prone gives a faster animation resulting in a high ROF.

I didn't try reloading in the first build in that position. So I don't know if the bug was already there.

Also, going from crouch to prone while reloading results in an awkward position.

If your truly done i'd recommend going back to the first build.

Using prone is kinda exploiting as its not intended to be used by player or AI. For AI i set all units with setunitpos up to stay up.

I had planned to replace all prone anims with crouching for the units but this fell short of time. Its possible to do this with a few config edits.

@foxhound

Thanks for the mirror :)

Hey man, I'm a 19th century warfare lover, and thought the musket sounds as of now sounded really poor (No offence intended). Instead of complaining, I have made some new sounds just so you can use them.

There's two variations, A and B. Option B sounded bad in my opinion, but I was so satisfied with option A, I even made three variations; If it is possible, you could add all of them to add some variation to line battle sounds, like with JSRS. (If it's feasible.)

Enough talking about them, here's a quick demo of the sound plus the download link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-dRwWLH_I&feature=youtu.be

Battle sounds are one of the most important things to me, haha.

Sure dude that sounds great, i love the new sound :). Maybe you could release it as a sound replacer addon.

I moved now for my studies so i wont have time (or Internet for my desktop PC :( ) but maybe SB. Could help you out with the configs if you need help with them.

Super Icewindo, that opens new perspectives. Too sad that you cannot work on that. I hope that someone picks that up

Sure, I hadn't read your other posts stating that. I'll do what I can.

cool! keep us updated mate! :)

is there anyway of editing the config so the units automatically stay standing up? so no script is needed?

Edited by tyl3r99
addition

cool! keep us updated mate! :)

is there anyway of editing the config so the units automatically stay standing up? so no script is needed?

theres a module where you can set them to stay standing no matter what

Icewindo! I hear you keep besmerching the good name of my crappy Maya rig. You say the fingers cannot be animated. This insult will not stand, a duel to the death it is. Will it be swords or pistols? :)

Just to let you know, if you hide polygons and show joints, you can select the individual finger joints, pose them, key them. Actually, if you just show joints at the same time as polygons, you can select the tip of each finger, and walk up and down the bone hierarchy with the arrow keys. It's not very elegant, but it works. Skinning on the fingers is borked, it's best to unhide the "hard" meshes when posing the fingers, they give a better picture of what the final hand shape will look like (Unhide All, Hide "SoldierMesh").

Should you resume work on the mod, and have trouble with the Maya kit, drop me a line and i'll gladly help.

I really would hope that this continues being updated. This mod has great potential.

Love the mod but the sound dosnt work, it says the error message "sound reload not found" does anyone have a fix to this?

Love the mod but the sound dosnt work, it says the error message "sound reload not found" does anyone have a fix to this?
Presuming that the mod hasn't been updated since 2013, then that error would be on account of the changes that BI made to how sounds are included in weapon configs.

Hi, i made a napoleonic gun for this mod, it works on Arma 2, somedy could help me to port it on Arma 3 ?

​arma2OA%2B2015-12-21%2B18-54-52-317.jpg

arma2OA%2B2015-12-21%2B18-55-02-485.jpg

these graphics remind me Mount and Blade: Warband  :D  :D

It's a joke man haha, good work and interesting mod!.