Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

AISS does refressh every so often so it has all units that are not excluded under its control in case some are spawned later in missions. Is this what you are referring too.

ohhh you mean its not loading the mission at all??? ummm not completely sure whats causing that. Where did you download AISS from and how is it installed?

AISS does refressh every so often so it has all units that are not excluded under its control in case some are spawned later in missions. Is this what you are referring too.

ohhh you mean its not loading the mission at all??? ummm not completely sure whats causing that. Where did you download AISS from and how is it installed?

play with six and the userconfig is installed correctly it's only zeus missions it seems to have a problem with not sure why and yes it doesn't load the mission at all it just stops near the end of the loading.

hmmm we just loaded up a Zeus mission and all is well. Try deleting AISS and userconfigs and then reinstalling them and see if this fixes it. Hope that helps. I'm going to update this in next few hours. If reinstalling doesnt fix it maybe the next update will

message sent. let me know if that works for ya. Another thing I didnt think of, but did you remove AISS and see if it still acted funny?

Edited by Mikey74

I wonder what it could be. Its all working fine with me and a few of the testers I've got testing it. Six is usually good about installing things correctly. idk I need more info. send me a pm of where and how its installed and maybe we can break down were its going wrong for you. :/

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

AISS_BETA3_update

ADDs SAMO to AISS plus new userconfig added to turn SAMO on or off. See SAMO's thread for more details, because its also a separate addon. IF you download AISS you will not need SAMO as its included.

Thanks Jack Hopefully it will work. Me and my soon have been in Zeus off and on sense you posted without that problem so far, but I have found a few others I'll need to address too. ;) I think I need to figure a way to delay AISS taking control when Zeus is activated. That annoys my son. lol

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Mikey74, firstly, fantastic work you're doing here, thanks. I just wanted to point out a small typo in the user config:

AISS_killed_min = 60; //// Minimum amount of time before game deletes soldiers. It doubles for vehicles.

AISS_killed_max = 120; //// Minimum amount of time before game deletes soldiers. It doubles for vehicles.

surely the second line should read: Maximum amount of time before game deletes soldiers. It doubles for vehicles.?

LOL wow yup. Thanks Gattobuono I'll fix that in the next update, :) Thanks for the compliment. :)

I've been playing around with the latest version that includes suppression and I'm really impressed. I mentioned above the suppression in OFDR and OFRR, what I really liked in those games was the ability to very quickly mark where I wanted the suppression laid down directly on the map. Just to refresh your memory: you find yourself up against a bunch of enemies, your squad spots them and they appear on the map. For me the most effective strategy for moving up is to perform a bounding manoeuvre. I open the map, right click on the targets I want suppressed, and from the resulting menu choose 'suppress'. My (AI)team suppresses and I move up to the next cover. I then take over the suppression role and get my AI team to bound to a position of cover close to me ... I then repeat the procedure, and gradually advance on the enemy.

So, I guess what I really miss in Arma is that ability to quickly open the map, mark for suppression, close map, move up, etc. etc.

Re the action menu, probably a key press rather than the mouse wheel would be more intuitive in some ways because the mouse wheel menu is a bit small and fiddly. E.g. I'd really like to have the 'other infantry commands' visible straight away instead of having to scroll down click, scroll down and select, which can be a little to time consuming and clumsy in a firefight.

And while I'm at it ;-) ... something else that I really miss from OF is the ability to give a 'move fast' command. In OFDR I can click on the map and choose between MOVE and MOVE FAST. The AI in Arma move way too slowly, especially if they are 'stuck' in combat mode. It's too laborious to go through the menu telling them to stand up, move etc. only to find them stopping at every bush or rock on the way. What I'd really like is something like a 'RUN THE FUCK TO POSITION X' command! I don't know if this is at all possible in Arma?

Obviously, this is just my personal feedback. I know that a lot of Arma fans scorn OFDR and RR, but I personally love them. The game mechanics are really well thought out, commands are intuitive, and AI perform much better than in ARMA. But I also know that the lack of moddability in those games is very limiting, especially in RR which doesn't have an editor.

Your mod has taken me a step closer to getting that OFDR feeling in Arma :-)

What I'd really like is something like a 'RUN THE FUCK TO POSITION X' command! I don't know if this is at all possible in Arma?

Sure it's possible as both GL5 and GetTactical, and I think WindWalkers stuff feature the Forced Move -needs an official version still as they're not 100% reliable but better than nothing

Sure it's possible as both GL5 and GetTactical, and I think WindWalkers stuff feature the Forced Move -needs an official version still as they're not 100% reliable but better than nothing

froggyluv, here's the config from GL5:

// ==============================================================

// GL5 Force Move:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if the "Force Move" feature should be used.

// Note: This feature gives the player the ability to force specific units of his group to move to his or any specific position.

// Warning: After forcing units of a player group to move the units will totally ignore each enemy and dangerous event.

obviously not ideal! However, what really interests me is the MOVE FAST command, because even units that are forced to move are way too slow.

P.S. This unresolved issue feedback explains the problem perfectly, worth reading: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=3920

Edited by Gattobuono

// ================================================== ============

// GL5 Force Move:

// ================================================== ============

// Choose if the "Force Move" feature should be used.

// Note: This feature gives the player the ability to force specific units of his group to move to his or any specific position.

// Warning: After forcing units of a player group to move the units will totally ignore each enemy and dangerous event.

I did this in AISS original garrison script. The only way I could get it to work was to set units to careless. Ended up with complaints so I've abandoned this at the moment. But yes I would like that. As to menu we are currently working on a command menu. So far I've got it to work with disperse, selected units and suppress. I've gotta take a look at cosmics version. His may be more advanced.

Just read the DEv tracker thingy about AI moving too slow. Yup that seems to sum up what I've dealt with.

Edited by Mikey74

Still fairly new to A3 and not playing MP yet so SP with AI, just installed this and it's fantastic. Makes your AI squadmates far more controllable for with regards to combat awareness without needing to navigate the command menus!

Is it possible to be able to scroll both up and down the action menu to replicate the default A3 operation? i.e. you scroll up from the top of the action menu and it continues scrolling up from the bottom or is this not feasible with the scripting?

Hi Forteh we are currently working on a SAMO menu separate from action menu. At current state in our not released wip You have a hot key that brings up a menu and the pointer bubble. You will be able to either scroll mouse up and down to select or if keys are faster the menu is set by number as well. You will also be able to select units instead of it being whole squad, or just use whole squad your choice in mission on all.Again this is not released yet. Probably by the end of the week or next.

We've rewritten a good bit. So will be a lot of converting to get it in AISS. I may just leave it separate but make AISS compatible. Would be much easier on me, but means more downloading for you guys, BUT the good news is neither are big mods.

When I load up Arma 3 I'm getting this notification;

script userconfig\AISS\AISS.hip not found

However it does work...I used the AISS module in the editor to garrison a base and three of the squad went up into a watchtower to man it and I had lots of new commands in my drop down menu...

When I load up Arma 3 I'm getting this notification;

script userconfig\AISS\AISS.hip not found

However it does work...I used the AISS module in the editor to garrison a base and three of the squad went up into a watchtower to man it and I had lots of new commands in my drop down menu...

If it was aiss.hpp then you need to find the userconfig folder in the download and paste that into your main arma 3 folder

Should look like Arma3/userconfig/aiss/aiss.hpp

If it is actually saying aiss.hip then mikey is making his own file extensions ;)

it still should work though as it should just pass the default values...

That hpp file allows custom parameters to be set by the user for a mod

So it's a good thing to know as a few mods use it

don't know why it's giving that report when it's all there and works great.

Soldiers don't just use buildings they seek them out aggressively. Amazing.

Edited by Cadmium77