Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Found a little bug -

When using AISS with IFA3, the tank crews disembark when going contact is made, and go reform with other squads in the area, leaving there tanks unmanned. I found this using a mission with ALiVE , if that has any effect on anything.

ahhhh I thought I saw that the other day!!! I wasnt paying close attention and forgot all about it because I'm trying to get happy with the suppression and cover script. I'll remove that in the next update until I can work that out. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Hi Asset, It should, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. I've got a group of friends testing it Thursday night. Feel free to test it yourself if you like. :) I really really really want to make this work on dedi!!! lol

Hi Mikey,

I did run your script in a hosted environment (i.e., Play->Multiplayer->New), and I did see quite a bit of movement from the AI, as well as use of artillery; however, when the same map (and mods) run on a dedicated server, I did not see the same type of behavior. As a matter of fact, they never used artillery or even moved in the same fashion.

Prior to looking into it more deeply, I wanted to first ask if this was intended to work on a dedi. I can certainly help to review this further if you'd like.

Thanks asset, Yes I'd appriciate that very much. At 1st it was intedned to be single player, but a few dedi guys was wanting it on there dedi servers. But I suck with dedi servers. :/ lol

AISS Beta2.1

changes beta 2.1:

More random task for players. This will be improved with ideas. So give me ideas but keep them simple. ;)

Fixed player support: If Target was killed Player would be givven a task somewhere off the map.

Suppression and cover work a bit better together now and a even more realistic looking.

When units are suppressing they now will do it in burst, but can be supressed during and will stop and drop depending on skill. ALL is suppression considers skill and works with game controled moral.

Friendly fire can and will happen do to panic of combat.

If player is squad leader of AI.The AI will react like just like the rest of the AI.

Disabled Mech embarking and disembarking till I find a good solution to Iron front mod compatibility. Possibly in next 2 or 3 updates.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated mod 6.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Mikey74

You are now able to edit your content pages, feel free to claim your mods. Simply login and follow the claiming procedure. With just a few clicks you are ready to take control.

Edited by kecharles28

AISS Beta2.1

changes beta 2.1:

More random task for players. This will be improved with ideas. So give me ideas but keep them simple. ;)

Fixed player support: If Target was killed Player would be givven a task somewhere off the map.

Suppression and cover work a bit better together now and a even more realistic looking.

When units are suppressing they now will do it in burst, but can be supressed during and will stop and drop depending on skill. ALL is suppression considers skill and works with game controled moral.

Friendly fire can and will happen do to panic of combat.

If player is squad leader of AI.The AI will react like just like the rest of the AI.

Disabled Mech embarking and disembarking till I find a good solution to Iron front mod compatibility. Possibly in next 2 or 3 updates.

So can the AI suppress by command..So example when I ask them to suppress area they will or no?

Right now they do it Automatically. ;) But if ya want I can add that in future updates. Though I think in the game it already has a unit command for this. ;) I think I'll add a userconfig to turn this off in another update. For me I'm not good with the command section for being a squad leader so for me them doing this automatically works, but I know most who do know the command part of Arma may not like this. ;) I want to make this controllable for everyone if at all possible. It does help to get feed back. Just let me know, and I'll try to implement stuff if I can. :)

Edited by Mikey74

Right now they do it Automatically. ;) But if ya want I can add that in future updates. Though I think in the game it already has a unit command for this. ;) I think I'll add a userconfig to turn this off in another update. For me I'm not good with the command section for being a squad leader so for me them doing this automatically works, but I know most who do know the command part of Arma may not like this. ;) I want to make this controllable for everyone if at all possible. It does help to get feed back. Just let me know, and I'll try to implement stuff if I can. :)

Mikey if you can get the command AI to suppress to work that would be ARMAzing!

Mikey if you can get the command AI to suppress to work that would be ARMAzing!

Sure thing. I'll look into it and see what I can do. I think I may put up a new temperary pole. I'm not a fan of poles but it will help a bit on getting me pointed, but keep in mind I can only do what I can do. I may not be able to get what you want. Like for instance In the last pole I had option for ambulance and other supporting units. I was unable to implement that. It was out of my skill range at the time, and possibly at this time. Though suppression was out of my skill range until recently, and as most of you know it probably still doesn't compare to other mods. lol But I'm going to look into that.

Yes I did just do a cheesy pole. lol Please feel free to vote what you think, and leave a comment on what you think? Yes Im still/always looking for help from coding enthusiast/hobbyist/experts. ;)

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be implemented next update. :yay:

Edited by Mikey74

Sorry Mikey, but I don't fully understand the poll. Release it and let us see how it works first.

Sure thing. I'll look into it and see what I can do. I think I may put up a new temperary pole. I'm not a fan of poles but it will help a bit on getting me pointed, but keep in mind I can only do what I can do. I may not be able to get what you want. Like for instance In the last pole I had option for ambulance and other supporting units. I was unable to implement that. It was out of my skill range at the time, and possibly at this time. Though suppression was out of my skill range until recently, and as most of you know it probably still doesn't compare to other mods. lol But I'm going to look into that.

Yes I did just do a cheesy pole. lol Please feel free to vote what you think, and leave a comment on what you think? Yes Im still/always looking for help from coding enthusiast/hobbyist/experts. ;)

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be implemented next update. :yay:

Are messing with us?

Can't wait!

Nope I'm not messing with you!!! ;) I've got it to work, but I'm not completely happy with it. I'm trying not give in to my excitement and release it to early. This tends to run people off. lol I'm dont think so good when I get excited about something. lol

Heres my situation:

I've got a dispersion action working well. I'm happy with it. Though it will be tweaked as I go till I'm very happy with it.

I want to add 2 suppression commands:

1) you order squad to supress your target lit up with cursorTarget command(I have that nut cracked pretty good, but needs some tweaking)

2) I want to add a suppress area command (I have it working BUT they will hit anything in there direction including friendlies, and cursor position only gives you a position if you have an object in site like a building. In other words if you want your group to light up a hill with no objects it wont recognize anything) I've got a few ideas for work arounds though.

SO I''m trying to figure out a way to 1) make a line of site script 2) find another way to get a position pointed at with your cursor without having to mark a certian position on a map. 3) Also debating wether to use suppressFor command vs forceWeaponFire. I get better suppression out of forceWeaponFire than suppressfor, BUT this is where my delima is Suppression commands 2)

Right now I'm working 7 days a week and my time is a bit limited. :/

Edited by Mikey74

Checkout the video of the Alpha version of AISS suppression command:

Thanks Mikey74 for sharing these iterations.

Comments?

Edited by sttosin

Another video update:

Mikey74 added pointer so you know exactly where your team will be suppressing.

You can also use to pointer to point out where you want your group to disperse and were to watch a position. UpDate with this added is coming soon. Hopefully no later than tonight.

This looks great but I'm not seeing any of those commands on my action menu in either the editor or pbo missions -am I missing something?

Mikey74, suppression is something really fundamental for squad work that should have been in the game for a long time. It'd be a dream come true if you get it working!

Are you familiar with the suppression system in Operation Flashpoint DR and RR? Perhaps it could give you some inspiration. It's incredibly effective, and I feel lost without it in Arma when I'm commanding a squad.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by Gattobuono

Hi Froggy its not implemented yet in AISS this is coming hopefuly in next few hours. I can send ya something when I'm done testing when I know its not going to break something in next few minutes/hours. lol BTW thanks Froggy you are on of the coders who has inspired me to get back into coding. ;) I think I have you in my credits, or you could be one of the many I couldn't remember your name.

@Gattobuono I've played all OFP including the bis one except for RR I seem to remember some of it on DR I may have to put that back on my pc and have a look to remember it though :/ This old age stuff is killing me.

Hopefully I'l have something to release sometime tonight or tomorrow. After that My hours go to 12 for the unknown future and I wont have so much time to give to this for a bit. :/

Privilege to help Mikey74 out with this.

It's looking really good and the version I tested this morning in mission felt quite natural...

Hey i'm not sure why but AISS Creates a endless loading cycle if trying to start a ZEUS mission i'm not sure if this is something i'm doing incorrect as i'm using the play with six version.

This is a lan hosted server btw

We appreciate the help very much! :) Thank you.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Hey i'm not sure why but AISS Creates a endless loading cycle if trying to start a ZEUS mission i'm not sure if this is something i'm doing incorrect as i'm using the play with six version.

This is a lan hosted server btw

Thanks Jack, Could you give me a little more information? I'll tests that in Zues before I release this next update see if I see what you are seeing.

well it loads the map or the ready screen if that's what it's called then goes back to loading again then just idles it doesn't crash just idles i've left it for 30 mins and came back nothing had changed i've tried lots of mod combinations to vanilla with just AISS and it's defiantly that causing the problem.