Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Great work mate outstanding!

i have a small issue though :(

the patrol module, when synced to a unit he just wonders off in to the distance and keeps going.

I placed him inside kamino firing range hoping he would patrol around that area but he just goes for a long long hike.

is it possible to make a radius option in the module?

for example.

Patrol radius - Value here in meters

@theNaCH Going to add a sleep option to AISS for Zues so that you have more time to tell units placed on map what you want before AISS takes over. This was my sons complaint. ;) If you are seeing something you'd like to improve with Zues let me know. :)

@tyl3r99 I have this in userconfigs... AISS_P_Men = 200; ummmm but I have waypoints set at 50 radius.... I'll change this next update or 2 thanks for pointing this out. :)

P.S. are either one of you using this on a server? or just in SP? IF so let me know about performance. I'm working on more stability tweaks.

@tyl3r99 I have this in userconfigs... AISS_P_Men = 200; ummmm but I have waypoints set at 50 radius.... I'll change this next update or 2 thanks for pointing this out. :)

thank you, is it possible to add a radius option in the patrol module at all? or is this kinda a bit too much work?

thanks for the response - this is brilliant work!

P.s - im using it for both SP and MP missions, seems good on my end its getting better

thank you, is it possible to add a radius option in the patrol module at all? or is this kinda a bit too much work?

thanks for the response - this is brilliant work!

P.s - im using it for both SP and MP missions, seems good on my end its getting better

Yes that is what the AISS_P_Men = 200; is for ;) but I do need to fix the radius of each waypoint assign in the patrol script. So with AISS_P_Men = 200; the waypoints are placed a random 200 meters plus at the moment 50 radius on waypoints. I need to make the 50 into a user config as maybe AISS_P_Men_minimum = 50;. so that you have better control. ;) And no that shouldn't be a hard fix. :D

ahhh good to hear. :) Thanks

ok im a bit confused now :P

the AISS_P_MEN = 200 - is the total radius of the patrol?

and the placement radius of a waypoint is 50?

so in that 200 meter circle its placing 50 meter waypoints?

if so that makes sense to why im getting the issue im having :P

thanks mike, keep it up

ooo while im here my brother found an issue with the support module when linked to lets say a tank, the tank would move to the requested area and they all disembark haha even the crew

* i did wonder why i killed a crewman the other day*

ok im a bit confused now :P

the AISS_P_MEN = 200 - is the total radius of the patrol?

and the placement radius of a waypoint is 50?

so in that 200 meter circle its placing 50 meter waypoints?

if so that makes sense to why im getting the issue im having :P

thanks mike, keep it up

ooo while im here my brother found an issue with the support module when linked to lets say a tank, the tank would move to the requested area and they all disembark haha even the crew

* i did wonder why i killed a crewman the other day*

hmmmm which update do you have.... I fixed this 2 or 3 updates ago. Welllll I thought I did. lol Now I need to test again and make sure. The latest update should be AISSAR 5.5. Make sure your bro has that one to. ;) Thanks I will look into that to be sure, but I pretty sure thats been fixed.

Hi mate,

i will just do a quick test now for you.

im using the one on PWS so technically should be up to date :rolleyes:

will post back soon

if it does the same thing could you share your mission so I can take a look. OR describe what you are seeing... ie: the unit, the group, the situation they are in, and if the tank was hit by AT round.

hmmm seems to be working now, the last time i played it was before the most recent update, so at the moment i wouldnt worry about it... my team got completely raped...

would you know why an entire team goes into the same house when garrisoning?

i know that still happens :P

its random at the moment. Sometimes they will use same house sometimes they will use several different buildings. I have different opinions on taste with that one. lol I'm going to have to figure in a user config or another module for spread in Garrisoning.

WHAT would also be awesome is if I can figure out a way to set the formation of groups garrisoning too. :/ This way when they engage an enemy and leave the house they will return upon killing all enemy targets, but I've not figured that one out yet. lol

Eventually I will rewrite my Garrison script.

ah man looking forward to what else you have in store!

mans got skills

Thanks for the compliment man. I've still got a ton to learn. I have tons of ideas, but lack the proper knowledge in coding to make them work. lol I'm glad you are enjoying AISS. :)

Thanks for the compliment man. I've still got a ton to learn. I have tons of ideas, but lack the proper knowledge in coding to make them work. lol I'm glad you are enjoying AISS. :)

all in good time mate you will get the hang of it

Mikey74, thank you again for all your efforts in improving this wonderful mod! I do love it :-)

Since the AISS2 alpha to now, I tried them all. Beacause I like city CQB fight, so I checked this part most and I found that the garrsion and house search function in alapha version is the most effective one, simple and fast, better than v2 and v3. If I hide inside a house and shoot the enemy, they will quickly surruond me and enter the house to shoot me, much faster than v2 and v3. So now I put that two scripts of v1 into v3, combined them. Now it goes the way I like!

Mikey74,

Made a mission with your Mod, I use BTC_Revive for repawn,problem is on respawn I seem invisible to Opfor, I can walk right up to them and they don`t fire?

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks

Im not sure. I do not use BTC_Revive, but I do use respawning in multi-player and thus far in test I've been shot if get without site of Opfor. I'd have to look at the BTC code. I'm about 90% sure its on BTC's end. Maybe I can find a work around for you.

Mikey74

Can confirm it`s BTC_Revive causing the issue, Removed it from the mission, it works fine now. Have to use default BIS Respawn,which sucks,but at least the mision works now.

Thanks for looking into this M8T

:cool:

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Mikey74,

I think I fixed it by downloading a new version of BTC_Revive. I`ll test more and report back.

Thanks M8T !

cool beans Im glad to hear that. :) Thanks

Just some questions :-)

When you say its server ready, just to be sure, that means that it can be used on a dedicated server??

And How does this fare with Rydigiers HAL? are there specific settings, for this to work together??

Sixt

Just some questions :-)

When you say its server ready, just to be sure, that means that it can be used on a dedicated server??

And How does this fare with Rydigiers HAL? are there specific settings, for this to work together??

Sixt

I would wait before putting this on your server. While works fantasticly in single player it has a high rate of desync and competely locking up dedicated servers. Mikey is actively testing on my units server and will hopefully be rolling out a more dedicated friendly version soon.

Yup got it to work with 2 or 3 guys, but when the group did an op with a ton of people it got ugly. So no AISS is not Dedi ready yet. We are working on it. I got excited. So before the next release I'll have N-Icomach and the guys test it on op night and if they give me the thumbs up I'll post Dedi ready in the changelog on the next update. If they give me bad news I'll still release it, but will have Not dedi yet in changelog. ;) That way you all will know for sure its ready and its not Mikey getting excited. lol

Right now I'm cleaning up the code using better formatting so more experienced coders that want to help me out can understand what it is I'm trying to do. lol Thanks to flyinpenguin for pointing this out to me. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

Mikey74,

AISS2 works fine with BTC_Revive v0.98. Just an FYI.

:)

Ahhh that great news thanks. Hopefully I'll have another update before or by the end of next week. Busy schedule in my life right now.

Hi

Thank you for the update! XAISS variable error is fixed indeed.

Another one:

_CurWP = if (_countwPs >=2) then {waypointType [(_spo>

Error position: <_countwPs >=2) then {waypointType [(_spo>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _countwps

File AISS\CA_reveal.sqf, line 30

Also I get crashes with AISS2... every ~10 minutes with AISS2+TPWMODS+bcombat. Only that exact combination of mods. Removing AISS2 ends crashes.

The mission I test

Also getting a random CTD when TPW_Mods is active (haven't tried bcombat). Removing the AISS2 module from the mission ends the crashes.

Also getting a random CTD when TPW_Mods is active (haven't tried bcombat). Removing the AISS2 module from the mission ends the crashes.

Can you send him the rpt file?

This may give him more info mate