Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Thanks again for informing us about the new update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest and fixed version

Hi

My rpt log is full of this:

if (((vehic>

Error Undefined variable in expression: xaiss

File AISS\CA_reveal.sqf, line 33

Error in expression <nd !((_spotter getVariable "friend") in XAISS)) then

{

sleep 1;

if (((vehic>

Error position: <XAISS)) then

{

Maybe this AISS error is caused by another addon... have to test more.

Aslo in my mission the AI vehicles drove off some 1 KM away from the action. But other then that the battles are fierce and artillery has become a deadly asset.

Thank you!

Thanks Bos I'm such a dunder head. Its not another mod doing it. lol I have it defined only when its synced. I'm working on another fix.

As to the 1km away.... hmmmm I have them set to find a good overwatch position but in a random 500k radius. Could be bad intel from other AI calling in for support. :icon_twisted: (not being sarcastic) I did kind of wrote it in this way for immersion.... It all depends on how much the AI knows about enemy troops when they send out the intel.

Now that being said my next question isssss... Did they make there way back into the fight, or was the fight over before they had a chance.

Which brings me to the next question....... So the AI is not dumbed down to much??? I had to dumb them down a bit as it made it hard to survive.

I going to add something to the user config for that though sooner or later. Just gotta figure out how I want to approach this. I also want to start working on the fsm and dedi friendly which will make the action more efficient.... Hopefully. lol

Thanks for the input :)

Edited by Mikey74

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxyyy6lt06o574e/%40AISS2ServerReady.rar Left out Server Key and forgot to take out debug see next post. Sorry for inconvenience

AISS2 Alpha Release 3

Changelog:

AISS2 Now Server ready!!!!!

There may be few bugs I may have to work out but fully tested couple times and so far so good.

Fixed XAISS undefined variable error.

Few other minor fixes I cannot remember.

TODO:

Convert AI SQF's to FSM's for stability and performance.

Add more features for AI and immersion.

Set it up where you can combine certain modules. IE Garrison and support So a group that goes into Garrison will leave its Garrison and go support another units if its called.

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irc0w6cvhn4a59c/%40AISS2AR3.rar

Added ServerKey to upload and took out a debug I left in. All is good now.

Edited by Mikey74

TODO:

Convert AI SQF's to FSM's for stability and performance.

Add more features for AI and immersion.

Set it up where you can combine certain modules. IE Garrison and support So a group that goes into Garrison will leave its Garrison and go support another units if its called.

Thanks for the update Mikey, appreciate your work mate, and liking the ToDo list, especially the idea of combining some modules..

Mikey74,

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this, it really makes mission making so simple. It is really awesome!!

Is it possible to synch modules to triggers so you could in effect set when units would spawn, ie: Blufor Present ? This is what Alive does by cache and it takes a lot of load off the server. Just wondered. I read the whole thread and did not see anything in this regard.

Had a blast with just the main module down, placing units and watching AISS take control. Amazing !

Thanks again m8t, great work !

:cool:

Edited by Wolf72nd

@Zorrobyte Thanks man I appriciate that. :)

@Katipo66 In test so far You can pretty much use them all to sync at same time on each unit.... EXCEPT Garrison. This needs work still. Other than Garrison all should work together.

@ Wolf72nd At the present AISS doesnt spawn or respawn units. It only works with units already on map AND with units spawned or respawned by you or other programs in the mission. ;) Future updates may spawn and respawn. PS. I would recomend using ALIVE with AISS for profiling(aching except it different) your units to ease some lag. I think its the 2 main module of ALiVE that get that started. I did this and it cut back lag quite a bit. Those modules and AISS work well hand in hand. I've not tested all the other modules of ALiVE as of yet though.

Thanks guys for the atta boy and suggestions. :) BTW Arjay and Nicomah helped with the server issues. They get Atta Boys from me. lol :D

Edited by Mikey74

Hi

Thank you for the update! XAISS variable error is fixed indeed.

Another one:

_CurWP = if (_countwPs >=2) then {waypointType [(_spo>

Error position: <_countwPs >=2) then {waypointType [(_spo>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _countwps

File AISS\CA_reveal.sqf, line 30

Also I get crashes with AISS2... every ~10 minutes with AISS2+TPWMODS+bcombat. Only that exact combination of mods. Removing AISS2 ends crashes.

The mission I test

Hi Mikey74!

First off, let me start by saying great work on the mod! It's an absolute pleasure to work with when creating new missions.

A quick question though. Admittedly I haven't read through all the pages of your post, only about 2/3 of them.

Anyway I like that you have given us the possiblity to change the patrol distances in the userconfig, but I was wondering if you are planning to add custom patrol ranges to the patrol module itself? I'm thinking, you might have one group patrolling around a base or compound, let's say a 200m radius, who are synced to the patrol module. But then you might also have a group you would like to have go on patrols further away, maybe a radius of 500m.

I'm thinking it could be done via scripting and maybe with triggers or area markers, but I have have no knowledge of coding what so ever. I don't know if it's possible with your mod, but it would certainly make your mod, in my eyes, perfect.

Well just my two cents.

Keep up the great work!

I've got a question before my next release. Would you like the Arty calls by AI based off the skill level of the unit calling Artillery? That being said. Keep in mind that if the AI skill level is low there could be a lot of friendly hits. But it will also add to immersion a bit.

Right now it it based off spotter skills, but what I'm thinking is revealing target to Arty based off spotter skill and using the position from that variable instead of just what spotter knows. It adds another filter to make it more random so to speak.

What do you think?

Edited by Mikey74

Your idea of using spotter skill and position sounds like the way to go.

As in real life friendly fire happens, I do think your idea will add to the immersion.

Loving your latest release, placing your modules in the editor and building missions with AISS2 is by far and away the best AI mod I've come across.

Atta boy Mikey

Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. :) I'll probably have to put this idea in the next update. Its going to be more coding than I thought. BUT I do have another update coming. couple bugs squashed, and add an enhancement for AI to recognize bullets hitting close by. lol Will be adding something to turn this on and off as a few other mods have this as well.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

This is the latest I'm working on. Something is wrong with my sound on video recorder, but basically. You'll see a team go on patrol. After 1st or 2nd shot from sniper they will break, scan around and engage.

Thanks for informing us about the updated release mate :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

New mod or update v5.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@aiss.png

@ Mikey74;

Also Updated the Signatures to work with the latest release :)

Thanks guys. :)

AISS2AR5.5

Changelog:

Add code for better server stability.

Reduced waypoint spam to 1 or 2 waypoints at a time instead of 7 to 20.

Edited by Mikey74

Nice job Mikey ! Thank you for your great work ;)

Thanks Luki and Sonsalt

My frames dropped out with the video. :/

Again many thanks for informing us about the updated release mate :cool:

Hi, I have a few questions.

Does this AI system works well with zeus? usually with other AI mods they need to run the mod in the server and also in the curator side.

Other question does suppression works with this mod?

with Zues its hit or miss especially on a dediserver. We crashed a few updates ago using Zues and AISS. Other wise yes when I did it in sp My son tested it and said it was working but I needed to make it more zues friendly. As to Suppression.... Do you mean is it included in this mod. I have something similar but it needs more tweaking. The sniper vid above is the ground work for suppression in AISS. ;)

with Zues its hit or miss especially on a dediserver. We crashed a few updates ago using Zues and AISS. Other wise yes when I did it in sp My son tested it and said it was working but I needed to make it more zues friendly. As to Suppression.... Do you mean is it included in this mod. I have something similar but it needs more tweaking. The sniper vid above is the ground work for suppression in AISS. ;)

Thanks for the clarification Mikey!

An eagerly waiting for that Zeus / Suppression work :D

The video looks really cool!