Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Did you place AISS2 Module on the map? Make sure your take a look at the instrutions mission I sent with AISS2. BTW I think it was you that requested AISS work with Editor placed buildings. I may have found a work around for that in my next update. ;) Tomorrow when every one is awake or at work I'll make a video to go with that mission. :D

So we have to edit existing missions for AISS Alpha 2 to work? :( Why would you do that, I thought AISS was supposed to be autonomous modification? Now its strictly for missions that already incorporate it.. No download & go for me anymore.

No, Mike, it wasn't me. I am no good with the editor.

It was cuasing conflicts with other stuff including the campaign. I had to make a way for it to only work when everyone wanted it too. Oh well Guess its just not possible to make everyone happy. :/ Well at least ya didnt lose any money. :P But idk maybe you are right. AISS doesn't seem to be that popular, and most likely useless to everyone but me. I know of maybe 1 or 2 who actually use this. I guess I've wasted my time releasing this for everyone. The next update may be a good time to stop wasting my time. Thanks Hieronymus you've brought things into perspective.

Edited by Mikey74

I don't know man, I think AISS is far from useless, just limited/inflexible when it comes to config interface. It adds responsiveness at the level where AI is normally guided by scripts, thus its prone to conflicts, but it doesn't signify its uselessness. If anything, a more adequate approach would be with this mod incorporated into the base game, and modders creating their missions around the fact that its natural for troops to advise/support nearby friendlies, with any other scenario requiring circumstantial scripting, not vice versa.

This matters only if you care about popularity of course.

I personally don't think you wasted your time on AISS.

Edited by Hieronymus

So why go this approach?

No download & go for me anymore.
Most of what I said was sarcasm. As Its always hit a cord when I see people say stuff like that to other modders. lol Now its me. Wouldn't it have been better to say Mikey You could've or could you just leave AISS to start automatically but keep the new modules for better control for the mission makers. Which I am working on to put out in the next few updates. Just some work arounds I've got to figure out. It will most likely be something added to userconfig. I did however get a work around for editor placed objects. Its completed, but it will require a module and a sync. So please be careful how you put stuff with modders. Its take a lot of time, and a lot of work to do what we do all for FREE. I make no money off this. If any thing I've lost money, and definitely time. As for the popularity. Well I'd like to think people do enjoy this. I'm not real sure about that. I do enjoy this, but it serves my purpose. I started this for me. Then figured well maybe someone else would be able to use this and enjoy it as well. So I started AISS. What I didnt anticipate was you know people have different tastes. And I have a tendency to try and make everyone happy. Which we all know its not possible. But it is who I am. So its gets very frustrating when I see comments like that. Anyways... I'm babling on. I am and have been working on something to let it be autonomous as well as moduled. As I prefer Autonomous over Moduled, the module was meant to make others happy and make it less inflexible. I just havnt got it working both ways just yet. I got the Editor place objects working and will go into making the behaviors into FSM and Finally figure out how to do both Autonomous and moduled.

Mmm, I just stated how things happen to be in my case? I literally can't launch it from the get go. Thats basically all I had to say.

For me if a modder answers "Well I can't satisfy everyone/its not heading in that direction, mate", its fine. If he answers "Well, its going to be fixed", its fine too.

Funnily enough, I think its more proper/polite to not make requests but to just state whether things are working for you or not.

I thought of adding a request, but deemed it improper..

"Not functional for me anymore" seemed better than "I'd like to see or Could you add this feature".

Differences in perception and internet not conveying emotions well too.

was ok with Not functional. That tells me to keep working on what Im working on. ;) The no Download & go for me anymore appeared to me as a fit because I did something you were not happy with. My kids used to do that when they were young, but yeh that is how I perceived that. If that is not how that was meant I apologize. The other stuff was useful. Constructive criticism is what we look for ;)

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

New Update front page

Changelog:

Added option in user configs for using AISS2 module or AISS2 starting automatically

Added a module for editor placed buildings.

updated Intruction_mission with new options and modules.

couple other small tweaks

Here is a video on whats new and me babbling nonsense. ;) :)

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Mikey, still loving the mod; would it be possible to add an option to the exclude module to either exclude synced units or exclude non synced units?

The exclude module will exclude synced units. Are you wanting it for both options? Yeh I am going to add something for both eventually. Right now my know how has hit a dead end. lol But it will exclude the ones that are synced to it. ;)

Damn fine work bud! Seems everything that is going on right now is to make editor tasks faster and more efficient, This falls right in line with that concept and is a much needed utility. Thanks for all your hard work and contribution to the comunity!

@Sonsalt6 thanks :)

@Robowilso Thanks bunches :) I'm really glad you enjoy it.

I think I may add an ambush module in next few updates. This seems like something missing in Arma as well. Maybe I can figure a way to make it easier for mission makers to add in Ambushes and other things of strategic importance. That may be next depending on how long it takes me to get the fsm's converted over correctly. With the FSM's Im hoping I can change my variables around a bit to make it more dedi friendly. Thing is even the most experienced coders have told me FSM's and dedi programming can be a brain freeze. lol

That being said. If you have an idea of a module or feature you would like to see. Dont be afraid to post a request for it. I may not be able to do it, but ya never know I've accomplished a few things I didnt even think I could accomplish. lol Keep in mind though AISS is strictly for AI units. I'm trying to stay with that theme as the players have many options allotted by Bis and other modders. ;)

PS Also thinking of incorperated the new CAS modules for use with AI as well.

Mikey, I think Patrol function doesn't work properly when you assign zero values to AISS_P variables. Troops continue to patrol in 300 m radius..

Likewise, there is no way to stop crews from dismounting. Zero values for AISS_Mounting do not help, and as it is, in the absence of enemy they invariably dismount, run a circle around the vehicle, then board it and go on patrol.

Mikey, I think Patrol function doesn't work properly when you assign zero values to AISS_P variables. Troops continue to patrol in 300 m radius..

Likewise, there is no way to stop crews from dismounting. Zero values for AISS_Mounting do not help, and as it is, in the absence of enemy they invariably dismount, run a circle around the vehicle, then board it and go on patrol.

Crud.... I'll have to look into that thanks for the heads up. :)

Found the problem... I ended up defining my variables in the wrong place so the patrol script wasnt recognizing anything as for as distance and was dismounting because I didnt define the Garrison before unassigning stuff. Going to run a few test and post a quick update for it... Thanks again Hieronymus

Edited by Mikey74

Mikey , Your effort with this mod is great keep up the good work, along with bcombat AI is coming on leaps and bounds.

Many thanks from a 63 year old gamer who has played OFP and all the arma series from day one

HEYYYY Blackaboot. Ive been playing as long as you. Thanks for the compliment. :) Have you noticed as well. That most of us playing this game are old timers? Meaning age range for people playing this game is 30's plus.... NO KIDS?

BTW new release being uploaded to 1st page:

AISS2 Alpha Release 2.1.1

Changelog:

Fixed Patrol script

Patrol script recognizes better userconfig definitions of patrol distance.

Vehicle units no longer get out then back in to go on a patrol.

Patroling units will patrol several waypoints return back to original postion and gain a different set of patroling waypoints. Keeps things interesting imho. ;)

PS I forgot to set my AISS_PATDebug = 1; to AISS_PATDebug = 0; So when you DL this make sure you change that in your userconfigs to AISS_PATDebug = 0; or you will be getting hints showing you minimum and maximum patrolling distances every time a units patrol refreshes.

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks for informing us about the new update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
caps :(

The exclude module will exclude synced units. Are you wanting it for both options? Yeh I am going to add something for both eventually. Right now my know how has hit a dead end. lol But it will exclude the ones that are synced to it. ;)

Thanks Mikey, having both options would be great. For example if you only want a small portion of AI on the map to use AISS, then an option on the exclude module to "exclude all non synced units" would exclude all other units on the map. (might also help with virtual units, BIS Virtual support units and Alive support units) Just a suggestion, thanks again for the great mod

Nice update Mikey, liking the module direction, great work!

@sharpie I think for next update I'll try and work in AISSN which would be AISSinclude. Till I figure out more about making modules with non synced stuff. But yes thats a good idea.

@Katipo66 Thanks :)

Just found out that AISS no longer works properly on lan anymore. Me and my son were doing a test video for a quick mission using AISS, anddddd It was doing basically what everyone on dedi is telling me. It was working the last test we did, but that was just before the BIS Arma 3 update. :j: Something has changed. I also notice SpeedOfSound wasnt working on LAN either. :banghead: Has anyone every heard if it aint broke dont fix it.... :biggrin_o: Not that I can talk :P lol

There is a problem with this mode, even though you used the exclude option for a particular unit, it will still detect a unit not in its sight ( 1KM away with mountains in between) and enter combat mode, thus wont travel far!

omg you are right!!!!!!! yup gotta fix this. Thanks for pointing out that over site.

AISS2 Alpha Release 2.1.2

Changelog:

Fixed excluded groups. They were taken out of every pool except supporting pool. This is fixed. Keep in mind that Vanilla troops are not that stupid. If Artillery is going off around them or big explotions they will change to combat behavior, but this will not be AISS telling them to do so. AISS doesnt change combat stance except with mechs and Garrisoning troups to make them mount and dismount more efficiantly. ;)

Add user configs options for you to decide what strength enemy vs AI should be in order to call for support.

Few other minor fixes.