Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Ok thanks for your reply, out of curiosity what would the radio range radius be? Could this be configurable in future?

hey im trying to use the waypoints in Zeus with groups but the units dont follow the team leader, any way to fix or resolve this?

Yes Radio Ranges Is configurable in your user configs. ;)

Min_Radius = 35; //// Minimum radius you want the rounds to fall from target position. Remember if its out too far they will hit friendly units if within this radius.
Max_Rnd_Radius = 70; ////// Random number for how far out Shells will far from Target position.
Art_Salvo = 4; ////// Minimum rounds you want to see falling. Remember this is per unit in a given group. so 8 x Art pieces in group. example 8 x 4 = 32 minimum.
Art_rdm = 8; ///// Randomizing how many rounds from 1 to 8 + Art_salvo. 
West_Rnd_chance = .5; ///// Blufor: .3 meaning 30%. Always use a . (point) before your number unless you want 100% then 1 so go from .0 to 1.
East_Rnd_chance = .5; ///// Opfor: .3 meaning 30%. Always use a . (point) before your number unless you want 100% then 1 so go from .0 to 1.
Res_Rnd_chance = .5; ///// Resistance: .3 meaning 30%. Always use a . (point) before your number unless you want 100% then 1 so go from .0 to 1.
AISS_Mounting_land = 300; //// Distance for Mech units to dismount.
AISS_Mounting_air = 1000; //// Distance for AirMech units to dismount
//// These next settings set to range for radio communications. Short = foot Troops, Medium = Tanks and Cars, Long goes to Air and Artillery. THESE NEED to be set evern with other mods.
AISS_Radio_distance_Short = 1000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI infantry has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.
AISS_Radio_distance_Medium = 3000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI Vehicles has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.
AISS_Radio_distance_Long = 10000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI AIR and Artillery has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.This does not effect artillery much.
///////////////Debugging\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

AISS_infDebug = 0;
AISS_mechDebug = 0;
AISS_tankDebug = 0;
AISS_CASDebug = 0;

AISS_Radio_distance_Short = 1000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI infantry has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.

AISS_Radio_distance_Medium = 3000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI Vehicles has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.

AISS_Radio_distance_Long = 10000; Set this for how close friendly AI AIR and Artillery has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.

Yes units without waypoints should either get a garrison command or a patrol command. Patrols in AISS2 are not cycled. Every few minutes random 3 minutes or so They will get more patrolling points or ordered to Garrison. As for Armor,Wheeled, and CAS they do not get a patrol command at the moment I've been considering this. At the moment they are only used in support if they do not have a hold waypoint as there current waypoint.

@arch3r84

Hmmm I tested with Zeus it worked fine the other day. I'll get on that and see. The only problem when tested I had with Zeus was with My Mech units not mounting up correctly. :/ But I will give this a good test as soon as I can. P.S. Could you explain a tad bit more about what you are doing Arch? BTW you have to be fast issuing the waypoint order If im understanding correctly or yes AISS will grab them from The all powerful Zeus. If thats what you're talking about. Yes that is deffinatly something I need to look into. but encase I'm not understanding you please explain a bit more.

My question is after you play it for a bit. Do I need to weeken the support call a bit. This is what I've been working on today, but from the way it sounds its not strong enough. Most tests I was like XMDM totally overwelmed.

I hope this helps you as much as you guys have helped us. :D

Lol, ok I didn't check for a config, that's great thanks.

Units without waypoints:

Could there be an option in the config to not give patrol way points to groups without waypoints, or maybe even better is there something to place in group leaders init to disable AISS giving them waypoints.. But still enable all groups to be available for support? A while back demonized made a cool little arma 2 support script which reminds me of this cool package.

I like the idea of throwing groups on a map without bothering with waypoints and letting scripts like this create the scenario if you get what I mean, if not using scripts like this then mostly I do it with guard waypoints and switch triggers set to knows about etc which gives me pretty good gameplay.

Anyway I ramble, looking forward To Any future updates :)

Try this till I figure a way to add an option for that:

group this setVariable ["patrol", true, true];

Put it in the initline of the group you dont want to do this with. OR in your init.sqf put this

waitUntil {player == player};
sleep 3;
group name setVariable ["patrol", true, true]

This should trick AISS into thinking its already given them a patrol.

Un tested but should in theory work. ;)

Other than that simply give them a support waypoint. ;)

P.s. just looked at demonized script. lol He is a much better coder than me. Thanks I'll have to examine that and see if I can learn more from his script. Maybe I'll find something in that that will help me make this a bit more Dedi server friendly. :)

Edited by Mikey74

BTW excluding groups is still possible. Put this in your Init.sqf in your mission folder.

waitUntil {player == player}; 
sleep 3; 
AISS_Ex_Groups = AISS_Ex_Groups + [group player,group nameofunitingroup,groupname];// Replace nameofunitingroup with the name of anyunit in your group, or replace groupname with the name of a group you are wanting to exclude.

Edited by Mikey74

Just wanted to share whats in store for the next update: BTW I did add a userconfig for how far you want types of units to patrol. You'll know what I'm talking about once you see the video. ;)

This version has not been released yet, but will be in next few days or sooner.

Nice work mikey74.

When I saw the littlebird patroling, an idea cross my mind; can add automatically any air transport in patrolling to the support transportation module to be called by the player for insertion/extraction via menu? Establishing an AOR (Area of Responsibility) or limit to the distance to be called?

Maybe the CAS and artillery also.

Cheers

You have in your userconfigs a way to set radio distances, and Artillery distances. ;) Also Mechs include Air transports that are grouped with infantry units. Its not flawless but it works. So if I'm understand you correctly Its not perfect but its already in there. Just needs more tweaking. ;) Thanks for the request keep them coming. I'll work a bit more on the Mech Air part to see If I can make it more stable.

AISS_Mounting_land = 300; //// Distance for Mech units to dismount.
AISS_Mounting_air = 1000; //// Distance for AirMech units to dismount
//// These next settings set to range for radio communications. Short = foot Troops, Medium = Tanks and Cars, Long goes to Air and Artillery. THESE NEED to be set evern with other mods.
AISS_Radio_distance_Long = 10000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI AIR and Artillery has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.This does not effect artillery much.

;)

Mickey, I have a question on the upcoming modules; will the exclusion module be able to sinc to alive CAS and Transport modules? At the moment the alive support modules don't work we'll with AISS. I use the alive support modules in most of my missions as they work better then BIS support modules.

I love the progress, but I wonder how it will work with Alive, have you test it? I m going to test it, hopefuly it will work fine (I m also useing FFIS - works nice with alive)

I love the progress, but I wonder how it will work with Alive, have you test it? I m going to test it, hopefuly it will work fine (I m also useing FFIS - works nice with alive)

A few technical issues getting this to work with ALiVE but we're talking it through with Mikey. Hopefully we can work around it :)

Hi Mikey. Nice work as always!

I get an error saying: Error undefined variable expression: _units File AISS\M74_INF.sqf, linje 275

Just to help...

@ Sharpie7051: Not yet for the sync. When I get the time I"ll work on that. Hopefully in next few days I'll have more time freed up and I can get to work on those things. :)

@ malkekoen: yup.... Let me guess it was with ALiVE? This is something as soon as I have time and am not sleep deprived. I'll be working on with the ALiVE team along with a few other features I've been thinking about that requires more modules. Thanks Malkekoen, and Sharpie.

PS.... I can confirm that the last update probably will not use air transport like it uses Mech. I made changes and forgot to include Air units in the change. This will be fixed next update.

@ Mikey: No not using ALiVE, but bCombat was activated though. Might be the culprit, but I thought they were compatible as the AI enhancements were off in this alpha ;)

hmmmmm im not sure I got that error with Alive last week sometime. Didnt see it before that. I'll have to give that a closer look. Thanks :)

AI enhancements is not supposed to be in newer version. Its not used. I eliminated the script that that was used for. I'll make sure thats out of user configs next update. Thanks again. :)

I have a request if you can make it happen.Can you make AI recognize placed fortifications such as bunkers so they will fortify them if placed nearby?It would be awesome for making defense missions.

Yeh I've been trying to figure that out with no luck so far. :( But yes I'd like this as well.

AISS2 Alpha Release 2 First post.

Changelog:

Added an Instructional Mission for mission editor. Just place this in you mission editor folder and have a look at what's new and how to use AISS2.

Fixed Squad leader continuing to order units into a destroyed vehicle.

Mechanized Air units now work. Its not perfect but AISS will now recognize Mech groups with an Air unit instead of an APC.

Fixed bug for undefined _units + undefined enemies when using ALiVE Thanks goes to ARJay.

Added Several new modules : AISS2 To initiate AISS2, AISSG for Garrisoning, AISSS for supporting units, AISSH for Holding units, AISSP for patrolling units, AISSX to exclude units from

AISS.

You only have to use AISS2 for AISS2 to work. The other modules are optional if you have something specific in mind for certain groups. See Instructional Mission for more details.

All modules can be found in your modules tab under Misc.

Few other I can't remember or are small fixes.

TODO:

I want to add a module for select building you want your AI troops to Garrison. Hopefully this will help with Editor placed objects.

Convert AI SQF's to FSM's for stability and performance.

Add User config for how strong an enemy is before AI will call for support.

Add more features for AI and immersion.

Set it up where you can combine certain modules. IE Garrison and support So a group that goes into Garrison will leave its Garrison and go support another units if its called.

Thanks for the headsup about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Just a question, what functions doesn't work on a dedicated server?? cause its the only reason not for trying this mod for me. it really looks great... :-)

Im not completly sure what does or does not work. I know I've heard some of the functions work. The new update has not been tested yet on a dedi. I also know the modules with the syncing from what I've read is not dedi friendly. :( It may be a while before I figure out what to do to make it dedi friendly. Some of the things I've tried took a huge chunk out of my frame rate. Sooo at the moment all I can say is give it a try and see, but assume its only going to work on single player and Lan. Wish I had a better answer. :/

Thanks Foxhound :)

For some reason AISS stopped working for me after the latest update.. I use a primitive mission with two squads and a mortar as a reference and every time I return to Alpha 1 I can see its functions at work, but Alpha 2 just refuses to show itself. :( Soldiers neither support nor patrol, and the usual "AISS is online" notification doesn't pop up.

Installation is correct, obviously.

Edited by Hieronymus

Did you place AISS2 Module on the map? Make sure your take a look at the instrutions mission I sent with AISS2. BTW I think it was you that requested AISS work with Editor placed buildings. I may have found a work around for that in my next update. ;) Tomorrow when every one is awake or at work I'll make a video to go with that mission. :D