Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Just a man...they are the boxes you get when a group leader tells you "target that machinegunner"...as if all players are part of a group below a commander

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

It must be the doTarget command. I didnt exclude the player. :(

Ah ha...that would do it. Easy enough fix.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Now I wish I would have kept all my fixes for AISS 1. That being said I'll make sure I keep this in mind before release of AISS 2.

Mikey74,

maybe you can get your project onto dev heaven and then issue bug yourself or others can do it to track them?

1024x531.resizedimage

The down side to having Garrisoned troops and artillery!

yeh they will, BUT I guess only when they are alive. LMAO!!!

yeh they will, BUT I guess only when they are alive. LMAO!!!

It's poor physX implementation. Because of the fact that ragdolls are not stable (notice how the camera shakes when you die) BIS made them freeze after some seconds. (just my interpretation, don't take this as the truth) This causes flying ragdolls in destroyed buildings.

yup I kinda figured it was a bis bug. I can live with it till they fix it or till a mod does. I'll have to try the ragdoll mod Maybe they have a fix.

Me and my son went through a little mission a few times with AISS2 enabled. These are a few clips of what we went through. Enjoy.

p.s. you may actually have to click on youtube to see the video. :/ Edited by Mikey74

I just wanted to give an official welcome to XMDM, and Johny97(my kid) for coming on board with the AISS team and to our testers N_Icomach,and the 72nd ODA. They have and will be helping me with testing, trouble shooting, and keeping each other in line. Anyone else interested in joining the team please shoot me a message.

P.S. Please Keep in mind the coding is mostly done by me. So if you think it really stinks its all me. lol But if you think its Rockssss Then Its the whole group of AISS. Couldn't do much without help. ;)

Edited by Mikey74

Quick update. I'm feeling pretty good about the ground work for AISS2 being nailed down. Infantry,Garrison,Search,Excluding units and Mech seems to be working ok.

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks :) I may have jumped the gun. LOL Im always learning new ways to make stuff better. Going to rewrite a few of the scripts especially the garrison and building pos scripts. I'm happy with them, but have learned a couple new tricks to make them a bit more efficiant and also will better implementation manning unmanned static weapons in and out of buildings. Mech will have to be rewritten as well. I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to video a mission on a server in a test. lol I get to excited when I learn stuff and actually make it work. lol My biggest challenge is to learn how to do stuff on a server, but luckily one of the team has a bit more knowledge in that area than me. SO hopefully AISS2 can be released sooner rather than later. No promises. I'm still a rookie. ;)

Also getting stutters with this mod activated along with bcombat 0.15, AISS compatibility variable was set to "1"...in SP and MP with another friend on the DUWS mission.

AISS_AI_Enhancments = 0; <--- you want to set this to 0. This may not help as I've not updated AISS in a long time nor have I tested it. I'm currently working on AISS2.

Hope this helps, and best of luck. ;)

Just a news update. Alpha release is just about ready for AISS2. It most likely will not be working properly on a dedi server this release. That will be my main focus on the update after Alpha 1 release.

That will most likely take some time.

I've eliminated the bug with the menu's, and also increased performance. Has been tested with Bcombat and Alive. Thus far things seem to work fine from our testers.

This was completely rewritten from top down. So I've renamed it to AISS2 Combining arms. Keep an eye out. Hopefully We will have our 1st stable single/multiplayer alpha version release. No promises as coding seems to be like playing jenga. Once you've got on stick pulled out and add another sometimes the whole thing crumbles, But I feel pretty confident that You will see a release very soon.

Thanks for all your interest and support. Without you guys this would not be possible. Hopefully see you soon. :)

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

AISS2 combining Arms Alpha released

http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/95539392/file.html

AISS2 Combining Arms Alpha 1 release

changes:

AISS2 completely rewritten from top to bottom

Hi just some brief instrutions on how to use AISS2

Like AISS AISS2 is mostly autmatic.

Waypoints play a role.

Right now the important ones are Hold,Support, and Cycled.

If a group has a current waypoint at hold. AISS2 will ignor them as far as a support call. But they will still call others to support them.

The support way point will ignor Garrison and patrol commands by AISS but they will be in the pool to be called in for support.

If a unit has a cycled waypoint and its the current way point it will be treated like a hold waypoint.

All other waypoints at the moment are remembered but do not affect AISS command and control.

Infantry:

Infantry will now Garrison a building if one is close by, or go on a patrol. If they are Garrisoning a house they will not be in the pool for

support. That being said Garrisoning units will not Garrison forever, but every so often change buildings. Also They will not stay in a building

if engaged by an enemy and they do not have a good firing lane. They will leave there post to find a better firing position. There is more that

needs to be done with this, but its a bit beyond my knowledge at the moment.

Patroling groups willl be in a supporting pool, but once they have finished there support call they will resume there patrol, or Garrison if AISS

dictates this.

Mech units:

Basically same as before they will mount if enemy is far off and dismount with in 300 meters of known enemies. They do not search houses at the

moment. This may be added later updates as well as adding a user config for you to dictate ranges of mounting.

Armor, and CAS:

If they are called in for support. They will try and find position supiriority on the enemy, and engage.

Radio calls for support by AI:

If a group deams Enemy strength to be greater than there own they will call for support. Much can be improved on this in future updates.

Artiller is done basically the same way. There are user configs that you can adjust to you tastes.

AI_respawn is currently not in AISS2.

This will work on Single player and Multiplayer stuff. As it stands right now some fucntions will not work on a dedicated server.

More instructions and a video may be added later to help you understand more about AISS2 when time permits.

Enjoy,

Mikey 74

P.S. Do not run with AISS1. delete Original AISS. Then install AISS2. ;) I'll update my 1st page sometime after work. :D

Edited by Mikey74

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Mikey!!! Huge Props dude, I just tried AISS2; I'm speechless! Incredible work your doing, keep it up.

Thanks Sharpie. We are glad you enjoy it. :)

Hi Mikey,

Does this work on units/groups without waypoints, as in would they be considered as a support option? or is it better with units/groups that have waypoints.

It appears that any units or groups that do not have waypoints are given some small patrolling waypoints with cycle?

To be clear i tested this by placing about 15-20 groups of opposing factions on opposite side of a village all without waypoints.. and forced a flashpoint by giving move waypoints to just 2 opposing groups.. from what i could see infantry groups that had no waypoints were given a patrolling waypoint with cycle? there were some armour pieces also added with no waypoints, they didnt appear to be considered.

Anyway im liking this concept :)

Units without waypoints should auto-garrison into nearby buildings, patrol around, and then move to another location. As far as units within vehicles...thats a question for Mikey. If you truly want the full experience...add some armored units and an air unit (enemy) within radio range and watch them come to aid your contacts. You will be scrambling for cover when the air unit is loitering around looking for you and shooting. I have tested with bCombat and see no issues on my end.