Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Did some experiments but did not seam to work.

AISS_all_Groups = AISS_all_Groups - ["Khq1"];
AISS_all_Groups = AISS_all_Groups - ["Khq1","Khq2","Khq3","Khq4","Khq5","Khq6","Khq7","Khq8","Khq9","Khq10","Khq11","Khq12","Khq13","Khq14"];  

I have 14 guys standing around inside of a military office defending the place. But they leave the building as soon as some one spot anything outside and that sucks.

yup next version I have the excluded part implemented and working. I've been delayed do to death in the family. hopefully today or tomorrow I'll have it updated with everything working beter performance, and mechs working the way the should.

yup next version I have the excluded part implemented and working. I've been delayed do to death in the family. hopefully today or tomorrow I'll have it updated with everything working beter performance, and mechs working the way the should.

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks Sttosin. :)

Ok latest news on AISS. I have certian parts working better, but I am still unhappy with it. Soooooo What I think I'm going to do. Is total trash AISS. It all goes in the recycling bin. THEN I think sense I have ideas of what I'm looking for an what most of you are looking for. I'm going to write another AISS or a new mod altogether from scratch but this time. lol Included in what you guys are looking for. At the same time making it a bit more bug hunt friendly.

That being said. BE AWARE I am not going to rush this one at all. SO waiting times will be a bit longer. If you want I can give ya what I've done on AISS 1.4 or we can wait till I have something more stable and more bug hunt friendly? SOOO If you have something you want included in the new AI package I will be working on now will be the time to ask for it. As an inexperienced coder this will make my job a lot easier to implement what you want from the beginning. I know what I'd like to see. Obviously that will be in the new AI package. When I've figured it out I will start a wip page 1st this time in the addon mod discussion section of the forums. When everyone is happy, in agreement, and if there is any interest in it. I will make an official release. So let me know if you've been following AISS what you would like to see in the new AI script package.

I hope to see AI groups working together sharing info and supporting each other, this is why I love AISS. Anyway I can't wait for the next version/mod.

News update for AISS's:

Im still un sure what I will do yet. Right now I've started work on AISS2 but Im may call it combined arms of Arma 3 or just integrate it into AISS.

I've been testing building searches, building garrisons, and my version of a Centcom command like the one I've read about, and been told about by family in the military. This will take some time before I release. So far the building searches and garrisons are almost complete. I just have to figure out how and when Centcom will implement these.

Edited by Mikey74

This is what I've been working on concerning Garrison's and building searches. At the beginning of video you will see Csat filing in the building, then engage Nato forces from house. After nato gets close enough they will clear the building.

@LSD_Timewarp82 Its just the beginning stages. This is basically before a wip can even be released. I am redoing the whole thing completely. Hopefully upon release she will be less buggy, and maybe a new name.

Here is what I have accomplished so far:

1) Search buildings 99% * This one is complete. I just want to tie in with Garrison.

2) Garrison 80% * I've got it working, but I don't like how slow they are at Garrisoning.

3) Shots event handlers 95% * I want to improve on this one a bit.

4) Centcom script 35% * Started the foundation basically.

5) Infantry script 10% * barely have a foundation at all.

6) Mech Script 1% * the next three I know how I want to do them I just haven't been able to start a foundation for them yet.

7) Armour script 1%

8) CAS script 1%

9) Artillery script 1%

10) compatibility 10% * kind of hard to test that until my mod is working properly without other mods. But in writing out other scripts I have in mind of what was causing some of the issues.

I think that's everything. lol

Without help. This may take a while. Months possibly.

If you like what I'm doing latest wip video is a few post up.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to get it working on a dedicated server? I was testing it out locally earlier and then when I tried it on my dedicated server it didn't seem to be working e.g. the artillery weren't firing anymore.

I am using the following below to start my server and it is from the same install directory as I was testing locally when it was working. I also know the server is at least starting to load mods because @ASM is definitely loaded because the server monitor is working.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3" -port=2302 -config=CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg -world=empty -mod=@ASM;@CBA_A3;@AISS;@WW_AICOVER;@FFISv1.25

I'm sorry Starlightman. I still know very little about servers. I've learned a few things but unfortunately not enough to be able to give you a good answer. I have a few testers that have tested on there server and it seemed to work fine, but at present I cannot give you an answer for that. :( Sorry for the inconvenience. btw Which one is ASM?

@Mikey74, The engagement through the windows and doorways are looking nice! Keep up the good work.

@Sttosin thanks. :) I'll try to release a video whenever something is complete or very close.

Small news update. Mech SQF is about completed.I'm debating taking out the selecting squad leader when debarking, and leaving the APC in command. They seem to get run over more with SL commanding.

Mech squad will get out kill enemy and search area 1st before continuing on to there next way points.

So here is my new plan after a few request by pm. I will rewrite certian scripts. Mech was one, infantry,armor, CAS, reveal, and OOB. Once I am happy with those I will download AISS and integrate the news scipts in with what I have and keep the AISS name.

The others I was working on are either completed or scrapped.

Mech 99%

Inf 10% I will start this one in next day or two and combine it with a defend script that will call for Garrison a building. Also add in a search building command for enemies with in a town.

The rest are 5% or less.

Thanks Clif. Quick news update Mech and Waypoint scripts are 100% done! ;) Moving right along. Hopefully the other scripts will go easier and faster. :D I'm really really happy with Mech and Waypoints. I was starting to think I'd never pull off what I wanted to do with those two. Maybe post up a better video later today after I get some sleep.

Edited by Mikey74

With the help and my thanks to Das Attorney I've got the Garrison script quite a bit better!

The facing towards windows is better now that I have doWatch command. ;)

Thanks Starlightman. :) Edited by Mikey74

They are seperate scripts at the moment. When they are finished I will put them together. AI will search house then Garrison.

If this was mentioned somewhere...I apologize...I have noticed that when using this mod the AI combat behavior is stuck on YELLOW. I cannot force them into BLUE. I have verified by watching Troopmon 3 with this mod running and not running. Ideas?

No you are corrected I do have combat mode changing depending on certian situations. This will most likely change in the next update. Till I figure out a way around that. As to the stuttering. Whats your system and what other mods are you running. Hopefully with next update that will be eliminated. Learned some new codes that's more efficient that the ones I used in old AISS.

Thanks Mikey...i have some BLUFOR guys doing a raid and I need them in BLUE to sneak up along the house and not shoot at everything they see...thats why i ask.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

One more thing I noticed...when AISS is running...I'm getting the red TARGET boxes as if an AI is instructing me who my target is...anyway to kill that?

yeh I had this issue was one of the reasons for trashing original AISS to write it over from scratch. Red target boxes? Are you in a tank, or just a man?