Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Depends on what other mods you are using. So far Just with AISS its little. I have a low end pc now. lol So I wrote this to use instead of the other AI enhancements mods, and other duck and cover mods. BUT the more you put on the map obviously the bigger the impact. Give it a try. Its a small program. ;)

hmm maybe it has to do with CAS. What mods do you use that have to do with AI enhancement and planes. This may narrow down my trouble shooting. When I see what you use I'll DL them and see if it will do it on mine and we will work our way down from there. Thanks B0s

Just tested with TPW no issues.

AISS with these mods so far and examples:

JSRS,Blastcore,FFIS,TPW,Bcombat,VehicleRefined,TMR_ALT,Vehicle_refined. (I though I has bakermans AISS :confused: where did it go1?!?!)

On my mission I have 2 Csat inf squads and 1 tank, for nato I have 1 f18, 1 fire team, and 1 Mech squad.

Going to put all AI_enhancements on and test now just waiting for it to reload now. What I need to figure out is what mod is causing this with AISS. So far I've not seen the door or the config error. The easiest and quickest way for me to figure out is what mods you are using.

I have 1 sneaky suspicion of what it could be. It may be the fired event handlers.

ok just tested these all together with AISS:

JSRS,Blastcore,FFIS,TPW,Bcombat,VehicleRefined,TMR_ALT,Vehicle_refined,ALLinArma,A3Mappack,FA18 and CBA_A3.

Same units as above.

There was some lag with config menu, and slight lag with doors.

What I need to know:

1) what mods you're using with AISS or scripts.

2) How many units, and what types you are using are in your missions when this happends. See my example above.

3) Maybe a copy of your mission or a mission this is happening in.

Hopefully one of those 3 will get me pointed in the right direction. ;)

I'm using:

JSRS,Blastcore,FFIS,TPW,VehicleRefined,TMR_ALT,ALLinArma,and CBA_A3

On top of that I'm runing DUWS.

It becomes unplayable. For example I can't select side missions once zones are generated. Without AISS it works okay.

Hi Rufuske Does it still do it without DUWS? Also how many units are normally on the battle field, and what version of AISS are you using?

Other than that as soon as I can I'll try DUWS see if I can find the problem and solution. If anyone has a certian mission this is happening on could you send me a copy of that mission Maybe its in mission design something I'm not doing. This bug is hiding pretty darn good from me. lol

Thanks for the help. :)

have an idea... How long does it normally take for zones to generate? Maybe if I alow AISS to sleep for a bit let everything get generated it may work. I'll try this once I test it with DWS.

Edited by Mikey74

Hi Rufuske Does it still do it without DUWS? Also how many units are normally on the battle field, and what version of AISS are you using?

Other than that as soon as I can I'll try DUWS if I can find it and see if I can find the problem and solution. If anyone has a certian mission this is happening on could you send me a copy of that mission Maybe its in mission design something I'm not doing. This bug is hiding pretty darn good from me. lol

Thanks for the help. :)

DUWS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69354590/SPMP_DUWSv08b.Altis.rar

Side mission selection happens right after first autosave (zones are generated, warcom kicks in). Framerate issues happen after when warcom starts deploying high command task forces. With two task forces on map, 6 zones generated it becomes almost unplayable.

Give DUWS a run with mods mentioned above. It happens every time.

I think it's the combination of FFIS, AISS and heavy scripting on mission part that makes it happen.

Thanks Rufuse I found it and have it in mission editor. Will try on my next test. I found a work around for Hal and my mech squads. Gotta see if that works. Then I'll try out DUWS. ;) Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Tested DUWS was getting a ton of errors and undefined variables without and with AISS at the start. I'll give DUWS PBO a try in a little while.

Aside from that does AISS work with out DUWS?

The config menu issue for me seems like it might be related to the number of mods loaded up. I had no problems with cba, aiss, jsrs, blastcore, tpw, tmr, bcombat and several faction mods. But loading up more faction mods results in some lag. Oddly, while i have only a second or two delay now, i had previously been unable to use the config menu for many minutes (and sometimes never) despite having the same mods loaded.

It has come to my attention that with the competitions on mods with this game has gotten people way out of wack. On one end you have people stealing from others hard work. On the other hand you have people so paranoid (including me) about it they don't trust anyone. So as of my last release this is done. I apologize to you that are doing this for the fun of it, but I'll not be a part of the madness anymore.

sincerely;

Mikey74

Sorry to hear that Mikey; you created a hell of a fun mod for us to use for quick mission creating. Best of luck to you

It has come to my attention that with the competitions on mods with this game has gotten people way out of wack. On one end you have people stealing from others hard work. On the other hand you have people so paranoid (including me) about it they don't trust anyone. So as of my last release this is done. I apologize to you that are doing this for the fun of it, but I'll not be a part of the madness anymore.

sincerely;

Mikey74

Whoa Mikey... What's happened. I for one love the mod and really appreciate all the effort you have put into it, don't give up. I use this along with FFIS, JSRS and Blastcore - can't live without these.

Just wanted to say thanks and don't let the b'stards grind you down !

Mikey,

Not knowing the exact incident(s) leading to this, I hope you'll stick around for the fun reasons. I was afraid the competition will have some inadvertent outcomes.

I wont say what happened exactly, except that I joined a group. We both misunderstood each other. Both had same goals, but we didn't trust each other. Well let me rephrase, I didn't trust him. I got conned once(not game related), and I made the mistake of thinking just because the guy is in a certain country that I got conned from that maybe he was after something(not game related). So when we talked I asked and said some things to see if he was full of beans, but I ended up sounding like a lunatic. Figured out he is an ok person, but made myself look like what I thought he was. I had kids in the back ground asking questions and making a lot of racket so that made things worse.

No I was not in the competition nor will I be. I didn't think it was a good idea on BIS part, but I don't hold it against anyone who is. I just don't like the way some people act and how it make others act and react when affected by others affected by the competition. This is a good community most of the time. Some on here can be a bit snotty, but most fairly even keel personalities(lately myself not included). I do do this for the fun of it. I want to fix what I started at least. Now that I've calmed down and regained my composer. lol I've been very RASH lately and the latest incident added to it. So any ways no worries. I'll at least fix what I've started, and I'll take things slow from there and avoid joining any more groups. lol Have enough stress on my plate with life to add stress to fun.

By the way cub1. That group is not full of B's. They are just working hard on there own project, and helping others. I out of my paranoia over something unrelated stereo typed someone and was in fact the B. For that I must Apologize.

Edited by Mikey74

I am glad things worked out @Mikey74. I've been catching up on the forums and the reactions/fears people are having due to competition is troubling. One year now seems like a long time. Let's all enjoy the journey I guess.

New release and new description and better explanation of AISS on 1st post of this thread.

Thanks for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the OTHER_AI_Enhancement config! Keep up the good work sir.

Thanks Sttosin. I hope it works out. Its kind of a quick fix till I get AISS a bit more stable. I think most of the instability is in the even-handlers. :/ Hopefully the new description clears up what AISS is and how it works. I think that last batch of bugs turned people off from AISS. Well I guess that doesn't matter that much. I just wanted to contribute and give back sense I've been using so many mods all these years from OFP to Arma 3. LOTS of great stuff out there. I love the arma series. I think its a great game, but I really dont think it would have went very far without the modders and modding support. It would have went the way of OFP when codemasters took it over. They messed up by trying to compete with the big guys like BF,COD, and GR. Then on top of that no modding support.... BIG mistake.... anyways let me stop rambling. Thanks for the reponse, and please enjoy. :)

edited:

Well fudge!!!! Found a bug Mechs are staying put after dismounting. This will be fixed top priority.

Edited by Mikey74

Question:

If i add any lines from the UserConfig file to a mission will the mission overwrite the UserConfigs settings?

EDIT:

And does silencer effect Shotsfired parameters and radio report?

Edited by Cold Evil

@Mikey74

Bro thanks for all your awesome work. Scripting can start to be work rather than fun, especially when you are working on such a great mod as yours. Keep it up and please dont burn yourself out, we definitely dont need another mod being dropped so close to being finished.

Cheers

@Cold Evil. Most of the lines yes. In testing I found that 1 or two do not. My work around was putting this variable in my mission init.sqf

AISS_SCRIPT = TRUE; //Make sure there is not sleep before this.
Min_Radius = 35; //// Minimum radius you want the rounds to fall from target position. Remember if its out too far they will hit friendly units if within this radius.
Max_Rnd_Radius = 70; ////// Random number for how far out Shells will far from Target position.
Art_Salvo = 4; ////// Minimum rounds you want to see falling. Remember this is per unit in a given group. so 8 x Art pieces in group. example 8 x 4 = 32 minimum.
Art_rdm = 8; ///// Randomizing how many rounds from 1 to 8 + Art_salvo. 
West_Rnd_chance = .5; ///// Blufor: .3 meaning 30%. Always use a . (point) before your number unless you want 100% then 1 so go from .0 to 1.
East_Rnd_chance = .5; ///// Opfor: .3 meaning 30%. Always use a . (point) before your number unless you want 100% then 1 so go from .0 to 1.
Res_Rnd_chance = .5; ///// Resistance: .3 meaning 30%. Always use a . (point) before your number unless you want 100% then 1 so go from .0 to 1.
Marker_pos = 1; ///// 1 = true and 0 = false. If true Marker will pop up where Artillery is targeted. 
AISS_respawn = 1; ///// Set this to one if you want AISS to use its respawn and 0 if you use another script or dont care to use any respawn.
AISS_Respawns = 4; ///// times each group will respawn.
AISS_Resdelay = 7; //// time of delay in seconds before each respawn.
OTHER_AI_Enhancments = 0; //// Set to 1 if running any or all of TPW,FFIS, and/or Bcombat. This will turn off Fired everntHandlers.
///////These next setting sets at what range you want AI units to hear shots. The further out the less other units will be revealed when firing.
//// If OTHER_AI_Enhancments = 1 then the next FIVE lines will not be needed as TPW,FFIS, and Bcombat I think and hope make use of a fired event handler and reveal firers.
Shotsfired_range_Short = 100; ////This gets the highest reveal rating obviously becuase its closer. Set this to the least MAX distance you want. 0 Is always the minimum. So go higher than 0.
Shotsfired_range_ShortMedium = 300;
Shotsfired_range_Medium = 600;
Shotsfired_range_LongMedium = 900;
Shotsfired_range_Long = 1400; //// This gets minimal reveal rating becuase the further AI are the less likely AI will hear a shot. This will be your absolute max range for shots heard.
//// These next settings set to range for radio communications. Short = foot Troops, Medium = Tanks and Cars, Long goes to Air and Artillery. THESE NEED to be set evern with other mods.
AISS_Radio_distance_Short = 500; //// Set this for how close friendly AI infantry has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.
AISS_Radio_distance_Medium = 1000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI Vehicles has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.
AISS_Radio_distance_Long = 10000; //// Set this for how close friendly AI AIR and Artillery has to be to a friendly spotter to get a call about enemies.This does not effect artillery much.
hal_GOW = 0; //// If using Hetman AI or Gods of war mods set to 1, and this will turn off AISS Artillery.

As to silencers and shots fired unfortunatly no not yet. I'm most likely going to take Shots fired out of AISS the next update till I can figure out how to better use event handlers. A work around for this till the next update is to set OTHER_AI_Enhancments = 1.

As to the radio report part depends only if you are spotted. If you're not spotted you are in the clear. If they do not know about you they will not report you. ;)

@Twakkie Thanks. I'm am extremely glad you and a few other enjoy this. Thanks for the atta boy. You don't know what that means to us working on stuff. In fact I'd encourage anyone reading this. If you see a mod you like. Make sure to let the modder know what you think and any tips of what you think may improve there mod or bugs you see is always helpful. Hopefully the more I learn the better AISS will get. Minus all the new bugs that seem to creep there way in when I think I have it licked.

The event handlers is cuaseing my pc very SLOW frame rates. I'm guessing you guys are seeing the same thing. Make sure you set OTHER_AI_Enhancments = 1 if you do. I've got the mechs working again. If I find a work around for my fired event handlers I'll update this shortly, or I may just do away with that part all together.

Thanks for the inputs. :)

it also looks like the AI respawn config is broken as well:

AISS_respawn = 0; ///// Set this to one if you want AISS to use its respawn and 0 if you use another script or dont care to use any respawn.

AISS_Respawns = 0; ///// times each group will respawn.

AISS_Resdelay = 999; //// time of delay in seconds before each respawn.

EDIT: Never mind forgot to add: AISS_SCRIPT = TRUE;

Edited by Cold Evil

just an quick update on next update. Fixed apcs, fixed event handlers.... better lucky than good ;) I've got a few more kinks to test and work out before I release. If i get time before work I'll update in next hour. If not it will be later tonight. ;)

Hey Cold if you are using other respawn or spawning scripts you might want to leave respawn delay set lower as this is required when checking for new units on the battle field.;)

Hey Cold if you are using other respawn or spawning scripts you might want to leave respawn delay set lower as this is required when checking for new units on the battle field.;)

Don't use any respawn. :)

A question that came to mind:

Is i possible to some how disable the effect of the addon on certain units?

by add something to the Init line or there name to a ignore section?

I'm actually looking into doing this, but at present no. maybe trying this

AISS_all_Groups = AISS_all_Groups - [nameofyourgroup];

It wont matter at the start of the mission, but if you spawn one in or set a trigger thats timed maybe, but thats a long shot, would most likely work for a spawned group.

In the next update or two I'll add something like this

AISS_all_Groups = AISS_all_Groups -AISS_Ex_Groups;

to the AISS OOB so when you put something like this in your mission init

AISS_Ex_Groups = ["mygroup1","mygroup2"];

they will be excluded. This actually should be easy for me to implement. LOL but knowing me I figure out a way to make that harder than it is.

Also got the Event handlers working, and reveal working more efficiently. I want to add in supressors before I release this fix.

Edited by Mikey74