Sign in to follow this  
mikey74

Artificial intelligence Support System! Released

Suppression  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Suppression

• Supression command for player?
    • No suppression command for player?
    • Make suppression a separate mod from AISS?
    • Keep suppression with AISS?
    • Suppression in AISS is good?
    • Suppression in AISS is moderate?
    • Suppression in AISS can use some work please read my post?
    • Other please read my post?

Does the Mech Inf improvements work automatically or do I have to add it as a script? I would love for it to work automatically, thanks Mikey74!

Automatically. ;) I did find a new bug though. When using more than one tank (not APC) in a group that do what the mechs do. :( I'm working on a fix for that, but yes Mech units do this automatically. ;)

So I've seen units disembark from APCs, but, when the threat is over (and they have come down from combat mode) do they remount and travel onto their desired waypoint (if over a certain distance of course)? The reason I ask is that this has been a holy grail of all APC users since OPF !

@Kremator Yes once the main threat is down they will continue to search for more threats for a bit then yes they should return to there regularly scheduled waypoints. ;)

@Spoor your welcome Enjoy. :)

I think I said this before but I'm working on another small update for the tanks. They are using my Mech script instead of the tank script. Hopefully I'll have it out before tomorrow.

Must check this out again it looks like you've put a lot of work into it. Does this work for spawned units mid-mission as well?

Regarding ALiVE - the current version only supports using MOVE and CYCLE waypoints for profiled (cached) units.. not sure if that will change or not in the future as they said there are problems with caching waypoint types. If you want more info I can point you to the right Skype channel to speak to the devs.

@SavageCDN Thanks. :) Yeh I've probably put in 7 to 8 hours in a day on this. I've had to cut back as its effecting my job and home life. My scripting knowledge has improved, but I'm sure I'm still novice skill level in scripting. lol

As to spawning in mid mission not yet unless your using AISS_repawn. I'm going to fix this in the next update or too. Right now I'm working on a quick fix for the Armor not ejecting crew when you have a group of tanks. Big oversite on my part. It works fine with 1 tank in its own group, but when you have a group of tanks the last tank in the group will acting like the mech and the crew like infantry.

As for ALiVE I'll have to figure out how to get ALiVE to work before I know what to even ask. I use the dev branch version. Last I looked ALiVE wasn't compatible with Dev version.

I've also got to look into FFIS, TPW, and the other cool duck and cover mods and see if I can make it work with those.

Thanks SavageCDN.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

OK Fixed the armor issue new UPDATE 1st post!!!! yayyyyyy!!!!

change log: Tanks was acting like mech when using a group of tanks instead of one. They now act correctly.

Now on to working on mid mission spawns, and probably off to work. lol

Must check this out again it looks like you've put a lot of work into it. Does this work for spawned units mid-mission as well?

Regarding ALiVE - the current version only supports using MOVE and CYCLE waypoints for profiled (cached) units.. not sure if that will change or not in the future as they said there are problems with caching waypoint types. If you want more info I can point you to the right Skype channel to speak to the devs.

would be good to get this working with alive seems a good mod to use alongside alive

tried this with and without alive

mission just hangs when running alongside alive :(

Thanks Scrumpy. I'm guessing they are most likely use something I'm using thats causing the freeze. I'm not sure if they would be willing to help as this mod is not that popular, but maybe I'll pm one of the developers of Alive and have them take a look, or we could post something on there thread and see if they may know what the issue could be. I'm not very great at coding as its takien me months on AISS just to make this one work. There is a ton of research I've been having to do. Most likely more to come. I'd love to figure out how to get this working on certain servers, but my knowledge drops way off there. I can tell you this though as soon as I'm completely happy with this I'll be able to give more time with compatibility and other stuff, or if I'm lucky and an expert coder will take interest and maybe spruce this up a bit and it will cut the time its taking me down significantly. lol Sorry for the inconvenience. I wish I had more knowledge. :(

No need to apologize you know far more than I and most posters here!!

As for the ALiVE devs they are extremely helpful and can probably assist with making it ALiVE-compatible if required. I know they are doing this for other mods ie: Massi's African units.

Check here for a quick rundown of what ALiVE is:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/alive

One of the features of ALiVE is that it uses unit caching so that if a player is >1500m (for example) the AI group gets cached and saved until player distance <1500m again then it spawns the units back in with the same health/ammo they had when 'cached'. It does this for any type of AI as well as empty vehicles on the map. I assume this is the component that is causing issues, or at least part of the problem.

Thanks Savage!!! :)

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

I PM'ed wolffy he had this to say:

So by default, AI units get profiled - which means they get deleted and stored virtually like caching until the player is near. MOVE and CYCLE waypoints are also stored, and simulated while the units are deleted.

Not sure why its crashing, but I suspect any AI used by AISS are being deleted which would break everything.

I've CC'd ARJay to make sure I've explained it properly.

To prevent the AI from being deleted, you sync them to the module and select an option from within the module that says "Do not profile sync'd units" - and they should leave them untouched. There are other options that may work as well, but I suspect thats where its coming from.

Wolffy

So it does look to be that and it does make total sense. I'm not sure how I can can fix that, but will get on that as soon as I can. This will most likely take a ton of research. lol

Ok well that is good to hear (except the ton of research :p) If I can help with testing please let me know.

sure thing Savage. I've got an idea. This is what I've asked and what I have in mind. Weather I can pull it off or not well we will see.:

Hi wolffy,

I've got one more question.... In my pbo I set AISS_init to true. Does ALive have something like this? IF so I think I can put in code to look for that variable, and tell my script to wait for ALiVE caching to be done, or wait till units are inrange of player to init AISS when ALive is runnig then initiate my script. I'm thinking if its the caching part maybe that might do the trick.

Thanks,

Mikey74

lol I'll have Armor acting more in a supportive roll rather than rushing headlong into an ATGM.

Considering this.. have you thought of applying something like this for helicopter too? To make them not fly low over a combat area making them quite easy targets, and instead making them shoot from a safe distance and using tree lines and hills as cover? A bit complicated perhaps..?

Considering this.. have you thought of applying something like this for helicopter too? To make them not fly low over a combat area making them quite easy targets, and instead making them shoot from a safe distance and using tree lines and hills as cover? A bit complicated perhaps..?

I +1 this Mikey. Apply also to the Fighter jets like F/A 18's. They fly way too low to the ground.

Apologies for being slow at this but I've managed to install CBA A3 and JSRS2.0 and they work just fine. In fact they make the game fantastic. Now I'm dying to get your AISS working. But I can't get it to load.

This is what I've done;

A5oNclS.jpg

Awzw3UR.jpg

c5s8ciV.jpg

Frankly the whole userconfig file thing is a bit ambiguous to me...I've tried just dumping its contents (AISS, AISS_MECH_PBO.Altis, AISS_OPEN.Altis, AISSscripts in the steam appps commons arma3 file to no effect.

But then in Content/Expansions I see this.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/450656634562793351/B5ECD616152CD8C5A106F7A0E2C4DBC260D23517/

So are these all installed and running if they're not posted here too?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450656634562938056/0D6BD99EBBB379E4DBC249BA91B52E7E6BBA9ADB/

Well apparently it's installed and it works GREAT! THanks a lot for this.

But is it worth it setting up the enemy with modules for artillery support or does your AI mod take care of all that for us?

Edited by Cadmium77

@Heruon Yes thats a great idea. I've thought of this. Haven't implemented that yet. I will do this sometime after I'm happy with the Mech script.

@Sttosin Is this during the respawning aspect of AISS? I'm having a hard time with the f18 on respawn as they respawn pointing towards the ground. This will be fixed in future updates. IF not I'll have to look into that. Thanks :)

@ Cadmium77

It looks like you have them installed fine. I dont know how to do the little pic thing on the main menu yet so there is no art work for AISS as of yet. When you start a mission at the bottom of the screen you will see a chat message saying Artificial Inteligence is now online. Other than that AISS is all automatic. If installed correctly it will do all the work for ya. Best way to find out is start a mission with several groups. Put one group with a waypoint headed towards enemy. Then give a few minutes and click M then Click ALT and click on map where you placed other units for support to see if they move to come help out when enemy has been spotted. If they do its working just fine. If they do not even after sitting and watching them a few minutes something is wrong. The fact that its showing in your Conent/Expansions looks to be installed correctly. Like I said on the main menu I do not have a AISS pic just yet.

I hope this helps Mikey74:)

Edited by Mikey74

That's awesome Mikey74. Thanks a lot.

AISS + Blastcore-A3 +CBA_A3 + JSRS2.0 is a whole new game...an incredible game.

@Cadmium77

AISS + Blastcore-A3 +CBA_A3 + JSRS2.0 is a whole new game...an incredible game.

lol Those are the ones I use too. Let me know whatcha think. I've got more updates coming. I have visitors for the holidays so response times and updates will slow down a bit.

Apologies for being slow at this but I've managed to install CBA A3 and JSRS2.0 and they work just fine. In fact they make the game fantastic. Now I'm dying to get your AISS working. But I can't get it to load.

This is what I've done;

http://i.imgur.com/A5oNclS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Awzw3UR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c5s8ciV.jpg

Frankly the whole userconfig file thing is a bit ambiguous to me...I've tried just dumping its contents (AISS, AISS_MECH_PBO.Altis, AISS_OPEN.Altis, AISSscripts in the steam appps commons arma3 file to no effect.

But then in Content/Expansions I see this.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/450656634562793351/B5ECD616152CD8C5A106F7A0E2C4DBC260D23517/

So are these all installed and running if they're not posted here too?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450656634562938056/0D6BD99EBBB379E4DBC249BA91B52E7E6BBA9ADB/

Well apparently it's installed and it works GREAT! THanks a lot for this.

But is it worth it setting up the enemy with modules for artillery support or does your AI mod take care of all that for us?

Create a new folder inside @AISS folder and name it Addons then drag the Aiss.pbo inside the new folder and it should work now

@Heruon Yes thats a great idea. I've thought of this. Haven't implemented that yet. I will do this sometime after I'm happy with the Mech script.

That's great! I've really been longing for this feature. Thanks for your work!

@Sttosin Is this during the respawning aspect of AISS? I'm having a hard time with the f18 on respawn as they respawn pointing towards the ground. This will be fixed in future updates. IF not I'll have to look into that. Thanks :)

With mods like HAL, when jets esp. FA 18 fly by to attack they are so low to the ground that they almost always get shot down.

I'll add a flyinhieght code to the CAS script for planes, and a dostop code for Helo's within a certian distance. I'm not sure the hieght part will work with planes. They may not see target, but its deffinately worth testing ;)

Thank you very much ScrumpJacks. I just did that.

And Mikey74; will your AI mod clash with ALIVE? I'm not going to install ALIVE if it does.

Thx

I've not tested personally with ALive but there are reports of a crash when you use them together. Hopefully in the future this will be fixed.