Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Susat Scope

Ignore the SA80, I'm remaking it as my knowledge of the engine since then has increased significantly (plus several skills related to modelling) and I'm generally unhappy with what I did, also I hadn't modeled the scope with the old one in mind.

This time it will be the traditional LA85 A2, rather than the RIS attachment version. I'll be making several changes however, such as changing the weaver rail to RIS etc.

Edited by Kiory

Came on here looking to see if there was a way of getting the SUSAT to work with the current L85 and I'm delighted to read that you're making more :O

Can't wait to see this one. If you are after a group of testers then give me a shout. I can provide you with a few people from my community to help out if you fancy it.

7para.teamspeak3.com

Good luck and can't wait to see the results, mate.

I'm using his SA80 that I've modified to accept the susat and most all the other community made optics out there, I also changed the sound and lowered the recoil a bit, and added an ammo box with the susat in it. If you would like, and Kiory doesn't mind, I could upload it for you when I get home this evening.

That SA80 is soon to be very outdated, but sure go nuts.

Lol. I can't let it die, and I can't wait to get my hands on the new one.

Nah it's alright Banky I'll wait for the update!

Can't wait for the original version Kiory, any ideas when it'll be released?

Can't attach to any gun :(

Edited by kgino1045

@Mihilde, Soon TM

Not sure what the problem is Kgino, seems to be working fine for others, anyone else having an issue?

The SUSAT doesn´t attach to guns if you´re using FHQ acessories bonus addon (that makes vanilla guns capable of attaching those said accessories) or Iansky scopes or any other scope that is somewhat "generic" (any gun can attach it as it doesn´t have a specific config to attach only in some weapons). If I only loadup the SUSAT addon, I can attach it to any gun, ecept those downloaded (addon) weapons that doesn´t inherit attachment proxies from vanilla weapons... when Kiory release his new "old" L85 it will certainly attach, as he will config the gun to accept the SUSAT =)

even though i remove bonus it's no use :(

I think it's mp7 or mp9 FHQ config is probelm :(

Yeah, Kgino1045, you have to remove all config addons of scopes (both MP7 and MP9 have config addons for fhq acessories), you´ll have to play with only SUSAT addon activated (Iansky scopes will overide SUSAT too...)

Is there something I can do to accommodate the other scopes?

Seems, at least in my case, your config for the susat overrides any others. Like if I have just the fhq bonus config active, it works fine, if I then activate Iansky's scopes, that config overrides the fhq config and they can no longer be used on vanilla weapons, but Iansky's can. When i have the susat activated, it seems to win out over the other two and only the susat can be placed on vanilla weapons. I've tried all combos of the three packs listed above, and it always ends up the same, Iansky beats fhq, susat beats both. Since your config is the dominant one (again, this is just in my case, not sure if this is how it would go for everyone) I just opened up the susat config.cpp and added the class names all the other optics from the packs I have installed to the cow slot line, and now all those optics work in harmony with any vanilla weapon, or any custom weapon that uses the vanilla config. You could just add all known community optics class names to your config like I did, but anyone who was missing any of them would probably get an error message when they start up the game. And that's the extent of my knowledge lol.

First off, thanks for sharing your work, your files help me greatly to make my C79 Elcan. However, I have a question. How did you close all your parts for the shadows LOD? Did you do this in 3DMax or O2? I only have the BI tools, so is there a way to fix this?

Many thanks,

Nixon