Sign in to follow this  
kiory

Susat Scope

Just got done with this... thing. Textures aren't 100% done yet.

2013-09-30_00006_zpsf38585ff.jpg

3D Scope.

2013-09-30_00015_zpsfb1d4b72.jpg

Normal View.

2013-09-30_00014_zps572cebdb.jpg

Second type of aim.

2013-09-30_00016_zpsa08091ba.jpg

Uber red glowy thing.

2013-09-30_00017_zps4b5a4296.jpg

As ever, all source files are present, textures, config etc, feel free to learn from it. kio_susat is the class name.

UPDATE 1

Added some much needed edges around the scope to kill those darned jaggies, coincidentally, the older rougher model now serves as the 3rd person model, more lods to be made. Textures haven't been worked on as I spend more time getting the scope looking up to scratch, speaking of scratches, I added some dirt to the sight, it's a needed improvement, but I'm sure you guys will be the judge. Also changed the zoom a bit less, it was too much.

Download

http://www.multiupload.nl/YYUZY32DRJ

I was never here.

Edited by Kiory

Took your sweet ass time, haha, cheers for the release, might want to consider updating the config for your SA80 to accept it too.

Cool, will match up with your SA80 on STALKERs Brits.

The scope seems odd on the sa80 it sits right at the front of the gun & also its abit picky but because its a 3d scope should'nt Nvg's stay on while looking through the sights they do with the RCO but overall its a nice model

Edited by brad7

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Very nice addition but can't hold myself noticing the fixed-back-ironsights (above main optic) doesn't help at all at quick target acquisition

in a Close Combat situation-like PvP (somewhat small/somewhat view-obstructing )

Maybe IRL real human 3D perspective view+muscle memory will make it work..but not in-game ARMA.

I hope to see improvements on this field.

Edited by GiorgyGR

Now let's shoot L85...

JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

just kidding great addon :)

Now let's shoot L85...

JAM JAM JAM JAM JAM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

just kidding great addon :)

It should be 'STOPAGE', being british and all :p

Very nice addition but can't hold myself noticing the fixed-back-ironsights (above main optic) doesn't help at all at quick target acquisition

in a Close Combat situation-like PvP (somewhat small/somewhat view-obstructing )

Maybe IRL real human 3D perspective view+muscle memory will make it work..but not in-game ARMA.

I hope to see improvements on this field.

Being shit for CQB would be rightly characteristic of the SUSAT; the sight is an outdated 30 year old design after all. The UK started issuing separate miniature red-dot sights attached to main optics for the purpose of CQB.

IRL the backup sights on SUSAT weren't really intended for CQB - they were placed there for emergency use when the main optics fail in conditions like heavy rain and snowfall. They're bore-sighted to match the main sight's elevation, which is normally set for a 300m zero on the SA80, and do not really have a separate close-quarters zero.

Ironsights were issued for jungle-warfare and maritime boarding operations instead of SUSAT because they were better for CQB and didn't fog up (except on the L22A2 carbine, because it can't be fitted with ironsights).

looks good... just need distance lods like your weapon but really good looking m8... keep it up

The SUSAT doesnt have a red dot like shown in the picture, instead it is the triangular shape at the top that glows once turned on. Other then that great work, especially the EBS :).

13181_2.jpg

Edited by KDK11

Good shout KDK, I'm currently updating the model to have lods and I'll change the sight while I'm at it, thanks bro!

The SUSAT doesnt have a red dot like shown in the picture, instead it is the triangular shape at the top that glows once turned on. Other then that great work, especially the EBS :).

http://www.scopeandlaser.com/files/mid/13181_2.jpg

"Once turned on"?

I was under the impression that the top of the reticle was illuminated by tritium and thus, could not be turned on nor off.

No worries mate

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

"Once turned on"?

I was under the impression that the top of the reticle was illuminated by tritium and thus, could not be turned on nor off.

Ok sorry it cant exactly be turned off however you can change its brightness using the Trilux brightness controll knob on the side of the unit. So that you can either see it glow or just see it normally.

Good luck trying to see them glow in the day. In fact, good luck trying to see 75% of them glow at all now! For ultra realism, you can round off the tip of the sight post for that "been smashed against rocks on a CQB lane for 20 years" look.

Kiory, the model looks excellent. Top work!

Posted an update.

Good job. Like Redders said though, you wouldnt be to see it through the day. But I understand that turning it on/off will always show it in the game no matter if it is day/night. Great job.

Well, he's posted the source files and everything, so people can change and adapt the sight anyways? Why not use it to learn how to change these things yourself? I know I am going to try and look into this and see how it works. Then I just need to learn blender and start doing my own stuff.

Edit: Also, bloody hell, more conflicts. This bites itself with the iansky scopes and the native ones of massi's pack, maybe some of the others. BI really needs to do something about this dumb attachment system :/

Edited by InstaGoat

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Excellent work! Is it technically possible in this engine to make the entire optics view parallax-free like the holographic sights in this game? That way you would just see black in the scope section when using the iron-sights, which may improve the look and feel.

I'm loving the look of this, really great mod - on the other weapons anyway! Has anyone else got an issue where they can't put the sight onto the L85 mod? I have them both in my gear, but all of the optics slots are Red when I try to drag the sight across. I also can't 'equip to weapon' with VAS either... any ideas guys?