Cold Evil

How to remove map object, nothing seams to work

I have tried to remove a map object now for some hours. With no effect, and I've narrowed down some of the things I've done to try to remove the **** wall. No one of this removing options work... How do i remove them?

Game Logic Inits:

(nearestObject [this, 1105560]) hideObject true;
(nearestObject [this, 1105560]) setdamage 1;
(nearestObject [this,"Land_Mound02_8m_F"]) hideObject true;
(nearestObject [this,"Land_Mound02_8m_F"]) setdamage 1;
(nearestObject [this, 1105560]) setPosATL [getPosATL this select 0, getPosATL this select 1, -100];
(getPos this nearestObject 1105560) hideObject true;
(getPos this nearestObject 1105560) setdamage 1;
(getPos this nearestObject "Land_Mound02_8m_F") hideObject true;
(getPos this nearestObject "Land_Mound02_8m_F") setdamage 1;

Trigger onAct:

{if (_x isKindOf "Land_Mound02_8m_F") then {_x hideObject true}} forEach nearestObjects [thisTrigger,[],20]

and its not a Land_Mound01_8m_F I've tried that and it also standing beside the smaller one.

Use the right syntax.

([1234, 5678] nearestObject 123456) setDamage 1;

Edit: tested it, and you can't use hideObject with walls.

Edited by Gekkibi

([9215.26, 21705.2] nearestObject 1105560) setdamage 1;

([9215.26, 21705.2] nearestObject 1105560) hideObject true;

([9215, 21705] nearestObject 1105560) setdamage 1;

([9215, 21705] nearestObject 1105560) hideObject true;

Ill add this to the list of not working to... IF i didnt do anything wrong..

One note about hideObject, but that retains collision with vehicles. So if you remove X object you won't see it and can walk through where it is, but cars will still stop on it.

Also as part of the optimization of Altis was removing the "class" of many objects making them difficult to impossible to find/hide/remove. Which sucks, since a lot of them were things we wanted to find/hide/remove.

So as it stands right now, removing buildings, objects...all vanilla things on Altis is not possible?

So as it stands right now, removing buildings, objects...all vanilla things on Altis is not possible?

seems to be working for me. I put this in a trigger over the object and set to true condition

{if (_x isKindOf "Land_Airport_center_F") then {_x hideObject true}} forEach nearestObjects [thisTrigger,[],20];

and it removes the center section of the main airport terminal in altis. (just to test it)

the (20) at end of code is the effected radius so expand if needed.

you can use this in a radio trigger to see what classname of object is. just look at object then activate trigger. (even copies it to clipboard)

hint format["%1", typeOf cursorTarget];copyToClipboard typeOf cursorTarget;

and just fyi not all objects can be removed like this. some just wont work.

seems to be working for me. I put this in a trigger over the object and set to true condition

{if (_x isKindOf "Land_Airport_center_F") then {_x hideObject true}} forEach nearestObjects [thisTrigger,[],20];

and it removes the center section of the main airport terminal in altis. (just to test it)

the (20) at end of code is the effected radius so expand if needed.

you can use this in a radio trigger to see what classname of object is. just look at object then activate trigger. (even copies it to clipboard)

hint format["%1", typeOf cursorTarget];copyToClipboard typeOf cursorTarget;

and just fyi not all objects can be removed like this. some just wont work.

Oh sweet. Thanks for the update. Will indeed test this out.

Oh sweet. Thanks for the update. Will indeed test this out.

Be warned, hideObject will not prevent PhysX collision. :)

You will still have the same issue with the collision of the hidden object like kylania said...

You could try:

_objectsToDelete = nearestObject [2345,6789];
deleteVehicle _objectsToDelete;

The numers in the Array after nearestObject are ID which you can find out with the Editor by enable tem with the button "ID" next to "fx".

You can add more ID to delete a whole area...

(btw ID's it my example code are just copy&pasta from biswiki, so you would need to change them to get a result with existing ID's on Altis/Stratis)

This should work, but is not testet as I'm at work

E: ninja'd by Gekkibi :o

Be warned, hideObject will not prevent PhysX collision. :)
You will still have the same issue with the collision of the hidden object like kylania said...

You could try:

_objectsToDelete = nearestObject [2345,6789];
deleteVehicle _objectsToDelete;

The numers in the Array after nearestObject are ID which you can find out with the Editor by enable tem with the button "ID" next to "fx".

You can add more ID to delete a whole area...

(btw ID's it my example code are just copy&pasta from biswiki, so you would need to change them to get a result with existing ID's on Altis/Stratis)

This should work, but is not testet as I'm at work

E: ninja'd by Gekkibi :o

Ya I am definitely still expecting that. Would like to see what I can get away with though. Thank gents.

Some items work fine by trying to remove them but some items does not work anymore.

Helipads, buildings and piers work fine... But not the goddamn stone piles...

I know this is an old post,by the way here's the only way i've found for hiding objects having their ID.

{((getpos hider) nearestObject _x) hideObject true;} forEach [id1,id2,id3,id4,id5];

"hider" is the name of the object where we want to start the research. And id1,id2,id3,etc are the ids of the entities to be removed. Hope this helps.

Sorry again for posting here, searching for a similar issue and found this thread, although it provide some answers, it hasn't provided a solution.

I have a script which takes an array of markers and uses these markers as the area to hide objects. No IDs' necessary, it uses the nearestTerrainObjects function to get all terrain objects in the area of the marker:

removeMapObjects.sqf

_markerArray = _this select 0;

{
_terrainobjects = nearestTerrainObjects [(getMarkerPos _x),[],(getMarkerSize _x)select 0];
{hideObjectGlobal _x} forEach _terrainobjects;
}forEach _markerArray;

Call it like this:

init.sqf:

_removeObjects = compile loadFile "removeMapObjects.sqf";
_null = [["mark1","mark2","mark3","mark4","mark5","mark6"]] call _removeObjects;

Works great if your next too or relatively close to the markers - See pictures:

First picture is in the Editor - map objects visible, as expected:

inEditor.png

Second picture is in Singleplayer/Started Scenario, as you can see, the foliage is gone because init.sqf has run:

inScenario.png

Great! It works! However... Whilst in the scenario, if you move away from the objects, they become visible again at a distance:

In scenario, using Splendid Camera - Moving away from the objects being hidden by markers:

inScenario_02.png

Then, bam! Massive Foliage appears again.

inScenario_01.png

Behind the last shot, is a large hill, which overlooks circled area. This small airfield was going to be an enemy drone and helo farp, I was planning on having choppers coming and going at intervals, however, they'll be obscured by foliage from the ops point of view, until they get close then the bushes will disappear again.

I don't know if its possible to change the visibility distance of static map objects. you can hide them, but, they will only be hidden if your within a certain range of them, beyond that, they become visible again.

Probably should have made a new thread since virtually everything else in this thread is obsolete.  :)

I've not seen hideObjectGlobal redisplaying the object based on LOD like that but I'm totally seeing it happen in that spot.  It didn't happen in another spot with similar objects though.  Seems if you also setDamage 1 it minimizes the pop back effect since the things are all flattened.  Very obscure bug you should report it. :)

Probably should have made a new thread since virtually everything else in this thread is obsolete.   :)

Yes, I thought that, its kinda related to the thread, but your right, the rest of the thread is now obsolete - I should make a new thread and report this - sorry  :icon_redface: