Sign in to follow this  

Oxygen faq

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, I know what Aaron said on mirc to you, and I also know that you have been talking about it in public, both here and in the ofpec forums. Please don't do that in the future. It only helps to spread rumors.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm is it a rumor if Araon told it to me as he is someone from BIS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Aug. 27 2002,22:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, I know what Aaron said on mirc to you, and I also know that you have been talking about it in public, both here and in the ofpec forums. Please don't do that in the future. It only helps to spread rumors.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm is it a rumor if Araon told it to me as he is someone from BIS<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, since the project leader of OFP says that there is no release date set. I don't know what Aaron said exactly and how you interpreted it, but the current status is following: estimated time of release: between two or four weeks. The reason why you shouldn't talk about this outside breathe is that it is not at all certain that it will be released within that period. The reason why I am forwarding this information is that you get a feel for how much time you have to write the FAQ.

Unless the organisation of the FAQ compiling process goes on behind the scenes I have to say it is nonexistant.

KTottE, please post a overview, which sections the faq will contain, who is in charge of the sections etc.

There is no structure, no clear job assignments etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ Aug. 23 2002,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, my idea of the FAQ is simple:

Not very many threads.

One: Hello! (Explains what the FAQ is and how to use it, greets everyone and so on)

Two: Install issues and how to resolve them (I know many have had issues with the install)

Three: Hints & Tips (Helpful little hints and tips to make work in O2 faster and more efficient.)

Four: Basic interface (What are all the buttons, what do they do and so on)

Five: Modelling (How to model in O2 to achieve the best result)

Six: Texturing (This deserves a separate thread since it's basically a whole science on it's own)

Seven: LODs (Everything about LODs, basically)

Eight: Selections and Memory points. (Everything about selections and memory points.)

Nine: confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

KTotte has already posted a layout.

If I may come with a suggestion: Antichrist - you were looking for work. Could you write the installation section?

So I've started writin "LODs and Selections" tutorial.

I have introduction and LOD (something missinb,but will be added,when I will have time). It'S quet chatocit, because I waht wrtie it first and then I will make there order,and some interface.

Pictures and czech version of introduction : here

english version (extract file where is czech version of tutorial):here

Pictures and czech version of LODs : here

english version (extract file where is czech version of tutorial):here

read and tell. There is no interface,and I haven't optimized images..for now... I will do it after everythink will be written..

I've got a question with installaton FAQ!

I am not exactly sure how Oxygen public is going to be distributed! And I remember that heaps of people encountered problems with activation codes and stuff. So are we going to have activation codes in the public release?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Aug. 29 2002,03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've got a question with installaton FAQ!

I am not exactly sure how Oxygen public is going to be distributed! And I remember that heaps of people encountered problems with activation codes and stuff. So are we going to have activation codes in the public release?<span id='postcolor'>

I think that we can work under the assumption that there won't be any activation codes in the public release.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 29 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Aug. 29 2002,03wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've got a question with installaton FAQ!

I am not exactly sure how Oxygen public is going to be distributed! And I remember that heaps of people encountered problems with activation codes and stuff. So are we going to have activation codes in the public release?<span id='postcolor'>

I think that we can work under the assumption that there won't be any activation codes in the public release.<span id='postcolor'>

then maybe we should wait for the public version, to see what it is like, then write the Installation section.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 29 2002,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">then maybe we should wait for the public version, to see what it is like, then write the Installation section.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I don't think that it would be a good idea. The first thing that they are goint to run into is the installing. This is as I see it the most time-critical part - things like setting up proper paths for textures etc..

Free verion will be without unlock codes. And I think it will be in zip file as our version..

I am going skiing for a weekend and will only be able to start installation FAQ on Monday. Hope its not gonna be too late sad.gif

Skiing??? New Zealand, hah? You guys have winter down there.. hehe.. while i'm sweating like hell here in europe..

There was never such a strange summer in middle -eruope (at least that i can remember..): heat, storm, floods...

Yeah.. and the scientests are really saying "we don't have a global clima catstrophe..".. biggrin.gif

PS: Any job for me?? I mean i think i have some experience in OFP,too wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VipHeart @ Aug. 30 2002,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PS: Any job for me?? I mean i think i have some experience in OFP,too  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Of course! Anything special you would like to contribute with?

Sorry for breaking your nice and peaceful conversation guys but I can't figure one thing out and i thought that this would be a top place to write it (im sorry if it's not).

Can some1 of u gurus tell me how the hell to select a face and noth the face under it like a "Ignore Backface" function in 3dSMAX. I'm really desperate as i cant properly t3exture without such a function.

Ok, people, keep on topic please.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Sep. 03 2002,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry for breaking your nice and peaceful conversation guys but I can't figure one thing out and i thought that this would be a top place to write it (im sorry if it's not).

Can some1 of u gurus tell me how the hell to select a face and noth the face under it like a "Ignore Backface" function in 3dSMAX. I'm really desperate as i cant properly t3exture without such a function.<span id='postcolor'>

In o2 this function does'n exist. You must select face what do you don't whant select later,and than "ctrl+h" to hide it...

another reason doesn't exist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In o2 this function does'n exist. You must select face what do you don't whant select later,and than "ctrl+h" to hide it...

another reason doesn't exist. <span id='postcolor'>

The point is...

In Q2 to hard to select face, just single face. Even face you don't need. If we can easily select face we don't need, then what the point to hide it.

-----------------------------------------------------

I think I find the way to select single face.

1. select any face (don’t worry if you select also face behind or under)

2. Hit E, Face Properties windows will come up.

3. On the top in this windows you will see how many face selected (there is usually 2 or 3 of them)

4. Highlight only face you need (mouse click)

5. Hit “Create selection†button on the right

6. Done

If there is easy way let me know.

Sorry for my English guys.

its good, but quiet long.. :-)

If you want have some faces doublesided, don't make it, ctrl+c than ctrl+v one onesided face, than press "w" for invert normals,and by transform 2d function move it about 0.001 . Tahn you can select each face easy and you can't see different between 2 onesided faces or one doublesided!