Sign in to follow this  
disgruntled

Incompetence

This has no doubt being said several times but after shovelling £53 down BIS this year I'm annoyed.

Arma 3 is in a state, it's nowhere near finished and the last patch is the final straw. I played on Friday, it crashed twice within 30 mins each time. I check forums to see if it's just me - NOPE!! Why would you put out a bad patch...especially on a Friday.

The game runs badly, I read the "troll" (BIS's word not mine) thread in which a determined customer put forth the notion that your engine is outdated and that is why the game can be quite unplayable at times. Everything he said is true and his thread was well put together and informative. Mareks response regarding considering running dummy loops so the customer is no wiser to what's going on under the hood is insulting. Even if an engine rewrite gives negligible performance increases then it has to be worth a shot as many people have found their £20-40 investment a complete waste of money.

Plus we got DayZ, where the comunity backlash following missed release dates and broken promises reached fever pitch a while back. All this whilst you're shovelling out other games too, do they work? I'd like to know but I don't feel like wasting more cash on an incompetent software company.

Many people's excuse this for you saying "oh BIS are a small indie, they not a big company, be patient, be understanding blah blah blah blah".

NO - you got plenty money and staff obviously. DayZ and the wave of Arma 2 purchases that spawned from it alone should keep the lights on for quite a while.

If this broken patch isn't fixed very soon then I think it's time some of your fed up customers (or ex customers) mounted a campaign to make you get it right. I am lucky that my pc can even run the game for short periods, if I had paid £40 for something that was completely unplayable I'd be furious and quite rightly so....that would be time to consider contacting trading standards and other regulatory bodies as selling a game and reckoning it will work on someones pc when it clearly doesn't is just lying and scamming a customer out of their hard earned cash.

I kinda wish there was a direct competitor for you in the Mil Sim niche because it might just make you try harder.

Your games promise longevity, focus and many possibilities with the tools provided however the execution of it all is just shoddy.

The joke of it is that on Reddit and some lesser heard of forums saying these things will provoke a response of "you're expecting BIS to put out a working game? MAXIMUM LOLZ etc etc".

So come on...please put in the effort and get it right so I can look at my £29.99 beta purchase and think that was money well spent. I also bought Arma 2 CO and the HD skins packs. So as I said previously that's £53 I've spent this year alone. Should I increase my expenditure with DayZ standalone when it turns up? I probably will but if I do this to find desyncy crash to desktop rubbish then I declare war on your company...not some single cpu threaded, poor frame rate, unoptimised, bad AI war either.

It would also be nice to play Altis without the frame rate being in the toilet thanks.

inb4 thread deleted :D

3770k, 16gb ram, 120gb ssd, evga gtx 780 sc acx (which doesn't even get warm on ultra settings!!). please tell me more about how my high end pc is a potato...as for you've never had a crash since alpha - BS

if your 2 cents is to defend BIS no matter what then you're blind and daft lad. 1.02 has broken many many customers games.

besides....2 defenders of BIS WITH NO JUSTIFICATION OR REASONING FOR THEIR OPPOSITION OF MY POST WHATSOEVER. why? COS THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION

Don't know what your potato of a PC's problem is - I always get good frames and haven't had a crash since I started playing in the alpha.

There's always one of these guys in every performance thread, you're either living in dreamland, lying or you've hardly been on any multiplayer servers.

There's always one of these guys in every performance thread, you're either living in dreamland, lying or you've hardly been on any multiplayer servers.

Usually it's the fault of the server itself. I have been online though - and usually I still get acceptable performance as long as it's not Wasteland/Life.

Usually it's the fault of the server itself. I have been online though - and usually I still get acceptable performance as long as it's not Wasteland/Life.

What do you call acceptable performance? Because I doubt the vast majority of people who get fps between 20 and 40 and even down into the teens (no matter what settings they try) on most of these servers with good PC's call that acceptable.

As an aside I was playing Arma 2 Domination Fallujah on a multiplayer server before with a constant fps of around 80 - 90 with max settings except PP and View Distance. I don't see that happening in Arma 3 any time soon and on a game that supposedly "runs better than Arma 2".

Edited by clydefrog

What do you call acceptable performance? Because I doubt the vast majority of people who get fps between 20 and 40 and even down into the teens (no matter what settings they try) on most of these servers with good PC's call that acceptable. I was playing Arma 2 Domination Fallujah on a multiplayer server before with a constant fps of around 80 - 90 with max settings except PP and View Distance. I don't see that happening in Arma 3 any time soon and on a game that supposedly "runs better than Arma 2".

This. I was getting around 20 frames. Tweaked a few settings and now im getting 40 while in base, drops back to 20 in a firefight though

i'ts always fault of the servers...so why there are no official server to play on then?

i understand the op but nothing will change as proved by the last patch, it got even worse than before lol

i should have reealy waited on reviews and stick with arma 2 because right now it's frustrating on every aspect.

run Altis in single player. take a heli out, 100-120 fps. go near a town - 20-30 fps. now come on. my rig is nigh on as good as it can get. the only thing i can do is go for haswell - £420 for 5 more fps? NO I DON'T THINK SO

this was the same with large cities on Chenarus in Arma 2. have they learnt anything? attempted to improve things regarding this? no they haven't, same engine just looks prettier

performance is only half of it. the game is lacking any real content since alpha release and the devs when pressured on forums get stroppy, refuse to acknowledge issues and then half the time delete the thread as it turns into ****post after ****post.

i named the thread incompetent, that's what i'm saying about BIS as a whole. will arma tactics work when it drops? doubtful

run Altis in single player. take a heli out, 100-120 fps. go near a town - 20-30 fps. now come on. my rig is nigh on as good as it can get. the only thing i can do is go for haswell - £420 for 5 more fps? NO I DON'T THINK SO

this was the same with large cities on Chenarus in Arma 2. have they learnt anything? attempted to improve things regarding this? no they haven't, same engine just looks prettier

performance is only half of it. the game is lacking any real content since alpha release and the devs when pressured on forums get stroppy, refuse to acknowledge issues and then half the time delete the thread as it turns into ****post after ****post.

i named the thread incompetent, that's what i'm saying about BIS as a whole. will arma tactics work when it drops? doubtful

Doesn't happen for me. The only reason my FPS ever drops is lots of explosive effects or a large forest. The constant negativity you're outputting won't help - Report the issue properly for BIS to fix in the next dev build.

I really like the game but the most recent patch has caused it to crash frequently, when that did not happen prior to the patch.

and it is these explosive effects and physics issues that are causing these crashes.

why don't you report it. you have gone from arma 3 works perfectly and never ever crashes to fps drops here there and everywhere in the space of 3 posts.

supporting this company blindly is what has made this situation come about.

10,000 suck ups blindly supporting them whilst their game is only half playable is not going to change things.

the negativity has come out following this broken patch. it has been building up for some time.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHALLENGE MY VIEWS THEN BE HONEST AND SAY EXACTLY WHY I AM WRONG AND GIVE EXAMPLES. MY ARGUMENT CONTAINS A HELL OF A LOT MORE STRUCTURE AND REASON THAN YOURS WHICH SIMPLY SAYS I LOVE BIS LIKE A TEENAGE GIRL LOVES SOME GOD AWFUL POP BAND AND WANT TO HAVE THEIR BABIES

Yeah? Stop putting words in my mouth and maybe I'd continue being nice, you arse. The game is playable for me. The FPS drops are only slight - usually around 5 FPS when I get in a THICKER forest. I still haven't crashed once.

oh i give up.

even if it runs perfectly for you and has never crashed (once again - BS!!!) then you are in a very small minority.#

please recognise this

as i stated launching just myself in editor on Altis and flying around causes fps drops of 90+ frames. no multiplayer, no AI, nothing going on the map other than me. this is exactly how large cities affected Arma 2.

Is it too much to expect BIS to have recognised this and worked on it? NO

The game is very single cpu threaded, it doesn't cache assets in memory. it is constantly hammering hd. you would think a game released in 2013 would be better than this.

blindly saying works fine for me you must be stupid etc gets us nowhere

I didn't call you stupid - I told you to stop putting words in my mouth. And you still are.

So far the most FPS trouble I have is around a 10FPS drop once in a while in multiplayer on Altis Domination. And no, it's not BS, but I HAVE been using the dev build since the dev build was a thing.

The tone in this thread isn't helping anyone. If you have problems, report them (and i would suggest to calm down a bit). Oh and btw, people without crash aren't BS, they are the majority. But i admit that every crash is one too many and should be investigated and fixed. But sadly your thread doesn't help at all in this direction. So, calm down, take a deep breath and make a proper bug report. This thread is closed.