Sign in to follow this  
laverniusregalis

My two cents for the posters in ArmA 3 general

Latest Changelog:

But that's what Azzur33 already said.

Hopefully they will fix it for everyone this time. Been having these crashes since alpha.

I get what you are saying Steamtex and I agree that the bitching on this Forums often gets out of control but that doesn´t change the fact that Arma 3 is still unbelivably unfinished.

And constructive criticism doesn´t seem to change that. Examples?

People have been asking for bipods since the Alpha started. (Well actually this is one of the most demanded features since OFP)

People have been giving constructive suggestions on how to improve the first Aid system since the Alpha started.

I personally have been making constructive suggestions on how to improve the underwater combat that nobody seems to use now because of the way it is.

Show me another recently released game with broken 5.1/7.1 Sound.

Ho much more constructive do we have to get until BIS starts listening to us, or engages in a discussion?

I know they are a small team but sometimes I really feel left alone by them...

Not a single Dev took part in the discussion on how to improve the underwater combat, maybe explaining why it has to be the way it is.

So far not a single Dev has even aknowledged the 5.1/7.1 issue.

Thanfully not everything is bad. Almost every day I see a new Dev Branch Update that gives me new things to test and sometimes the Devs implement new awesome things out of nowhere, like the sunrays.

They do a good job and I hope they keep doing it :)

Edited by Tonci87

I get what you are saying Steamtex and I agree that the bitching on this Forums often gets out of control but that doesn´t change the fact that Arma 3 is still unbelivably unfinished.

People have been asking for bipods since the Alpha started. (Well actually this is one of the most demanded features since OFP)

People have been giving constructive suggestions on how to improve the first Aid system since the Alpha started.

I personally have been making constructive suggestions on how to improve the underwater combat that nobody seems to use now because of the way it is.

Show me another recently released game with broken 5.1/7.1 Sound.

Ho much more constructive do we have to get until BIS starts listening to us, or engages in a discussion?

I know they are a small team but sometimes I really feel left alone by them...

Not a single Dev took part in the discussion on how to improve the underwater combat, maybe explaining why it has to be the way it is.

Thanfully not everything is bad. Almost every day I see a new Dev Branch Update that gives me new things to test and sometimes the Devs implement new awesome things out of nowhere, like the sunrays.

The do a good job and I hope they keep doing it :)

^ this pretty much. Been having this crash for ages (physx dll one), have been posting my rpts (well over 30 of them under my name sgtscuba). But nothing appears to have ever been done, but now that the issue has exploded in their face, hopefully BIS will now fix it.

-Bipods

-First aid

-Underwater combat

"The problem faced was rather in successfully turning this scripted prototype into legitimate engine behaviour."

"That the system can be put together by a talented modder quickly is not in question; rather, integrating the feature into the 'big picture' of compatibility, stability, quality - set against the limited resources and schedule in place drove us to eventually - as has been alluded to before - make a set of difficult decisions regarding quality over quantity." -RiE.

-"weapon resting, mantling, collisions (this is definitely very good feature missing and let say design preparation mistake was done there)

* might happen soon or post release , but i don't want promise it until i know we can deliver

weapon bidpods, tripods and similar adjustable parts (was put aside due to other priority work)

* might happen post release , but i don't want promise it until i know we can deliver"

"many will say we can't deliver or failed to deliver all what was mentioned or promised ...

as Joris clearly stated, features we can't make in good / great quality shall be put aside and done when we can deliver

theoretical example : it's better to have fully working resting and bipods 2 months after release, than buggy barely working on half weapons today" -Dwarden.

Criticism is heard, but I guess that making bigger changes to the actual game code is a risk and you'd better do that well enough to prevent making a mess (with AI for example). Maybe we have some sort of weapon resting and bipods in some time, and I've heard someone mention about first aid modules.

But if there comes mods that do it ok, before (possible) BIS version, then the problem is (at least partially) solved.

The do a good job and I hope they keep doing it :)

On that note, check this entry on today's devbranch log:

Sound: Improved MP 3D sound playback

No specifics though. Could a dev please expand on this if times allows it :) ?