Sign in to follow this  
laverniusregalis

My two cents for the posters in ArmA 3 general

a constant crashing is not a BUG. It is a failure of the product. That would be like saying that your new cars engine dieing all the time is the same as the cigarette lighter not working.

I dont mind bugs... but I CANT PLAY THE GAME. While it is wonderful that you don t know one person who has the game constantly crashing. perhaps you should visit some of the other forums here and see the hundreds of complaints about EXACTLY THAT. I first assumed it was just me and looked for a solution, turned out lots of people are having this issue. HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS.

No, I assume they are working to fix the problem, which might be naive. The fact is they released a game prematurely and have more money in their pockets for it while the customers have to deal with it. I have played a lot of games and never have I seen anything like this.

I don't know what an "evil smile" is.... that is your fiction.

What I THINK is that the game wasn't fully ready but they released it anyway in a ploy to rake in cash... They are behind the curve and are now spending that money on simply catching up to what they promised, instead of having what they promised ready and using the cash flow to make it even better.

Well I get good frames and haven't had a crash since I started in alpha on March 5. Don't know what's wrong for your PC....

Why all the hate guys? You'll only get yourselves into trouble, if you cant say anything without attacking someone do not say anything at all.

well ok. i was trying to find out what your intentions are. seems like you really want to rant really badly. your excessive use of caps won't help your points though. non of the reviews i saw, however negative they were, mentioned game crashes once. so your claim that it's a mass phenomenon is highly questionable. i'm not trying to downplay your problem but you are trying really hard to make it seem bigger which makes it hard to take you seriously. but that's besides my point anyways.

you can either keep on crying or do the smallest possible effort trying to help to fix the problem by making a ticket and providing proper data. but you made your choice. you can do both of course. or you could try to sue them to make your actions fit with the pompous tone of your words.

EDIT: agreed with the post after me. a bad version can happen. it will change faster if people help fixing it.

Edited by Bad Benson

I was enjoyng the game in alpha in beta and now, But complainants actually looks a little exalted, what I find bad is that there are people who speak that is unplayable, and does not speak because no specify computer hardware, nothing only comes using capslock, does not provide any information and leaves

Hello, I made this thread to just say a few words to all who browse this forum section often.

I recognize that ArmA3 isn't done, you all do quite clearly as well. But I think that BIS won't be motivated to work overtime to finish this game for everyone if they all just bash BIS for the littlest thing and try to whip them into submission for the most minuscule of screw-ups in their project. We cannot appreciate their work that they have done over the past years in development, then? I know I'll get everyone to hate me for this, but show the devs some patience. You bought the game. You're funding their efforts to finish it. You're supporting them with money but you act like if you met them you'd punch their skulls in. Why? Can't we be constructive, helpful, and nice? All this place seems to get is hostility, toxicity, and hate in its threads. I just want it to stop. Yes, A3 doesn't feature as many units as A2 yet. But what have they done for us? They gave us a beautiful canvas of an island, the best controls I've seen in an ArmA game yet, beautiful graphics, better physics, and they're still working to give us more.

Rather than spend our time bashing Bohemia and being angry, why don't we get creative, make mods, find bugs for them to fix, make suggestions, be helpful? BIS has seen a lot when you think about it - they want to make basically a AAA-quality game with a quarter the budget, two of the important developers were imprisoned, and now we can't show them the slightest respect. I'm not defending them to death, rather feeling sorry for them - I just want everyone else to support their efforts rather than work against them. BIS isn't a big evil company like EA, they're for all intents an indie studio. If you want to be toxic, be toxic - just keep it in one thread, and be constructive in the rest is what I'm trying to say.

Whether you agree with my points or not - I'm just saying, please. It's been almost 3 weeks - Take a chill pill, put your pitchforks down, and report the issues you find properly, don't just make rage threads about them.

Thanks.

i can't because i'm in since alpha, i can't be "constructive" because i know it will be a waste of time, because in 5 months the game is still pretty unfinished/buggy/sluggish...the top 10 tracker bugs/request are still there, and loads of the closed ones are not even fixed.

i can't because i expected something that was never delivered.

nowadays i expect games to be at least in a playable state, because you know, you give them money and they give you a game. and my money weren't broken.

they are developers. they are a company. they are not my firends, what the hell do i need to hug them to motivate them to work? they promised to fix this huge mess, let's see what will they do about this. but please, these discussions are futile like the rage-threads. don't speak like you know the buddies in person, don't defend them like they are some kind of charity association, they are not.

well ok. i was trying to find out what your intentions are. seems like you really want to rant really badly. your excessive use of caps won't help your points though.

My use of caps is because you seemingly just don't get it. not being able to play is not a bug... people flinging out of a heli into the rotors is a bug ( albeit a funny one). Bugs I can handle

I was not intending to rant... The op didn't simply suggest that this is not the forum for ranting, he basically started telling people why they shouldn't be angry and he had absolutely no good points on the topic. I am pointing out that people being pissed off at a non functioning game is perfectly reasonable.

non of the reviews i saw, however negative they were, mentioned game crashes once. so your claim that it's a mass phenomenon is highly questionable. i'm not trying to downplay your problem but you are trying really hard to make it seem bigger which makes it hard to take you seriously. but that's besides my point anyways.

Well, since you are too lazy to investigate....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165813-Responsible-Game-Development

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165737-Arma-3-Crashing-Like-Crazy

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150907-PhysX3_x86-dll-Crash

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165628-Constant-CTD-ARMA3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165783-Arma-3-Returning-to-Beta

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165760-Hard-Crashing-Every-time-I-play-after-30min

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165614-Game-freze-and-crash-after-a-few-mins-playing-after-update

you can either keep on crying or do the smallest possible effort trying to help to fix the problem by making a ticket and providing proper data. but you made your choice. you can do both of course. or you could try to sue them to make your actions fit with the pompous tone of your words.

EDIT: agreed with the post after me. a bad version can happen. it will change faster if people help fixing it.

Ive done what I can to help... I have voiced that I too am having problems and listed all the information I can... I get asked to show how to replicate the problem and the best answer I have is "launch the game and attempt to play"

i am not a programmer, that is the info I can provide... That and voice that I am an unsatisfied customer.

Austin, I said

>Whether you agree with my points or not - I'm just saying, please. It's been almost 3 weeks - Take a chill pill, put your pitchforks down, and report the issues you find properly, don't just make rage threads about them.

I figured not everyone would be swayed by this anyways, seems some just want to rant...

Rather than spend our time bashing Bohemia and being angry, why don't we get creative, make mods, find bugs for them to fix, make suggestions, be helpful? [...] If you want to be toxic, be toxic - just keep it in one thread, and be constructive in the rest is what I'm trying to say.

I'm confused that this plea comes from a forum member who very recently went calling other people's PCs potatoes if they crashed or didn't achieve satisfactory fps. And let's not forget your hilarious attempt at making Arma 2's asset selection look bad compared to Arma 3. I'm not sure if you'd qualify yourself as toxic, but your posts have been undermining the image of Bohemia Interactive and its fanbase quite a lot lately.

I'm sure it is easy for you if you are not having these issues. If you had just paid 60 bucks for this game and couldn't play it, I bet you would have a different outlook. You aren't very sympathetic to those who are getting shafted right now. If you could sympathize with people like me who are very frustrated at not being able to play a game they paid good money for, you wouldn't be explaining why they should tolerate it and telling them to chill out.

So try to imagine:

You paid 60 bucks for a game and spent hours and hours downloading it

You try to play but it crashes often, sometimes at super annoying times.

You find out LOTS of other people are having this same issue.

You keep getting told its your system, your mods, the way you are holding you tongue and "well it isn't happening to me" by fanbois that see this type of thing as perfectly acceptable who then tell you to "chill out"

You see "Arma 3, NOW AVAILABLE" banners at the top of the "troubleshooting forum" that is littered with other people who are having the same issue

There is no response from the people responsible.

I mean the least they could do is put up a sticky and say " hey, we are working on it"

You try to play but it crashes often, sometimes at super annoying times.

Sorry this happens to you but I have to admit, Arma 3 never crashes on me. Are you talking about Sp or MP? If MP, what mission or is it all missions? What does your rpt file say?

It happens with ANYTHING I try to do in Arma that involves playing....

it is the same physx3 error everyone else is having.

I'm confused that this plea comes from a forum member who very recently went calling other people's PCs potatoes if they crashed or didn't achieve satisfactory fps. And let's not forget your hilarious attempt at making Arma 2's asset selection look bad compared to Arma 3. I'm not sure if you'd qualify yourself as toxic, but your posts have been undermining the image of Bohemia Interactive and its fanbase quite a lot lately.

The potato thing is a bit of a joke if you can't tell, I'm just saying their PC might not be the greatest, or that they haven't changed the video settings to best suit that system. Or the server they're on isn't good enough for the mission/number of players at hand. Sorry if it offends people.

Yeah, that was a while after I woke up, I was rather pissed in general this morning.

I decided I would take a more diplomatic stance now, but someone will surely come along and try to shut THAT down.

The potato thing is a bit of a joke if you can't tell, I'm just saying their PC might not be the greatest, or that they haven't changed the video settings to best suit that system. Or the server they're on isn't good enough for the mission/number of players at hand. Sorry if it offends people.

Yeah, that was a while after I woke up, I was rather pissed in general this morning.

I decided I would take a more diplomatic stance now, but someone will surely come along and try to shut THAT down.

it was my pc you called a potato.

it is:

3770k @ stock

16gb g skill trident x

120gb ocz ssd

evga gtx 780 sc acx

settings wise ultra for most, however the radial blur and it's 2 companions have been turned off, view distance and object draw distance were toned down due to Altis running rough on the dev build before sept 12.

gpu_maxframesahead and detectedframesahead have both been adjusted to a minimal value. start parameters added.

so go on mr. myarma3hasn'tcrashedever5timestothemax what else can i do?

it was my pc you called a potato.

it is:

3770k @ stock

16gb g skill trident x

120gb ocz ssd

evga gtx 780 sc acx

settings wise ultra for most, however the radial blur and it's 2 companions have been turned off, view distance and object draw distance were toned down due to Altis running rough on the dev build before sept 12.

gpu_maxframesahead and detectedframesahead have both been adjusted to a minimal value. start parameters added.

so go on mr. myarma3hasn'tcrashedever5timestothemax what else can i do?

What video settings are you using overall?

Man that's weird - I've never seen that. I don't play MP anymore so I thought that was like a Wasteland bug -hope it gets fixed.

What video settings are you using overall?

I would tell you this but right now I don't even want to fire up the game to browse settings. This is how disgusted I feel with it.

my point was I have a more than adequate rig to play on and have already named the majority of possible tweaks. The pc, settings and my knowledge of them once saw 205 fps from vanilla Arma 2 DayZ. I suppose I could mess with scenecomplexity and particles but cba.

Part of my problem and anger is the way the community (and myself in the past) act towards these foibles with the game. In this thread we've already seen the generic "and you thought Arma 2 released any better?" and whilst in game with friends when one suggests doing something out of the ordinary the response is regularly "yeah it might work but it's Arma lol" <- said it myself.

There seems to be a general acceptance of issues with the game. Browsing various threads I'm seeing what I presume are stalwarts of the community saying how the game has it's problems and bugs then going on to their point for the post.

It is this acceptance I would love to see stamped out. If these stalwarts and new members alike were to come together and give BIS a bit of a hard time in forums and bug reports we could maybe hope for a more "get it right first time" approach.

1.02 has caused a lot of issues for many players and what has made this worse is that it was submitted on a Friday therefore doesn't get addressed all weekend and maybe hasn't even been looked at yet. The weekend is the main time (for some no doubt the only time) to play games for most people so their plans to play Arma 3 this weekend have been...well, ruined. If it was stable I'd be playing it right now instead of here!

The single threaded CPU nature of the game is an issue but it would no doubt mean a rewrite of the engine - I've already said this would be nice for Arma 4.

Physx - I have an awesome Nvidia card, howsabout that Arma 3 uses it!! Ditto for graphics...the acx fan doesn't even pick up when running the game. Any other game the fan sings a tune reminiscent of a wind turbine.

I could go on...

It is this acceptance which I believe allows BIS to get away with these things!

As a gamer in my 30s I've been playing since Pong on the Magnavox and I tell you this: Arma 3 is approaching Battletoads in it's current multiplayer state

stupid question: have you tried dev branch? not sure if the branches are the same right now but maybe it helps to switch branches. i still don't think it's a huge disaster like arma 2 just because you can link to like 8 threads about it :p sorry, not trying to make you mad ;) if you have made a proper ticket and all then good for you. now be a little patient and i'm sure it'll be fixed soon. just let it rest for a bit. they'll keep pushing out updates very frequently.

Strange, I waited until Arma 3 was RELEASE, paid 60 bucks for it and it is unplayable due to it crashing for no apparent reason, not just for me but for MANY PEOPLE. So all I understand is that the company held out a game and STILL DOES (see banners everywhere for "ARMA 3 RELEASED") as finished and ready to go and it clearly is not.

I would almost guarantee every person with a crashing problem has made a thread here, voicing their concerns. Making it easy to insinuate / speak for the majority. Yeah there are alot of those threads. But what if every person who ran the game well, made a thread about it? Those would by far out weigh the complaint threads and disband the misnomer that "the game runs poorly & crashes for the majority" rhetoric.

If you're a new BIS consumer, then I do honestly feel for you. You were expecting BF on steroids, ready to go, official servers & game modes, polished Sp campaign etc etc. On the other hand, if you're a veteran consumer, you may feel slighted by the new changes & the content or lack thereof rather. But realize it'll take time for a good polish.

I would almost guarantee every person with a crashing problem has made a thread here, voicing their concerns. Making it easy to insinuate / speak for the majority. Yeah there are alot of those threads. But what if every person who ran the game well, made a thread about it? Those would by far out weigh the complaint threads and disband the misnomer that "the game runs poorly & crashes for the majority" rhetoric.

If you're a new BIS consumer, then I do honestly feel for you. You were expecting BF on steroids, ready to go, official servers & game modes, polished Sp campaign etc etc. On the other hand, if you're a veteran consumer, you may feel slighted by the new changes & the content or lack thereof rather. But realize it'll take time for a good polish.

^^ There's that acceptance again

Man that's weird - I've never seen that. I don't play MP anymore so I thought that was like a Wasteland bug -hope it gets fixed.

Not a wasteland bug, happens in a lot of other (purely MP) modes too. For example I went onto the Ahoy World I&A server as that was busy and asked about crashes, and about half the server came back and said yes we have these. You (or anyone for that matter), can feel free to go onto their servers and confirm this.

Sort it how you see it. But trying to effectively "speak for everyone" isn't any better than my proclaimed "acceptance".

I've had 2 crashes since the beginning of the Alpha.

The first one has something to do with the audio, that was fixed the next day.

Few days ago I had another crash, switching to spectator cam.

But I was really stretching the limits testing with way too much units and view distance.

I've never had any physx3 errors. But people DO have those crashes. And crashes Do make you mad.

From what I have read, it does matter if you use dev branch or not. Some claim that the newest "stable" patch causes physx3 crashes (with explosions).

And the problem was there sometimes before, but got fixed and now appearing again.

I have always used dev branch only.

The devs do know there is a problem, and of course they are doing their best to solve it.

And:

"w/o providing crash dump files and RPT/LOG files it's no use of complaining about 'some crash' with generic info of 'physx' ...

either get them onto feedback tracker or send to my email ( mynicknamehereatforums a,t, bistudio d.o.t. com ) with subject [crash] " -Dwarden.

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

You should accept the fact that there are people trying to fix those bugs and crashes.

Latest Changelog:

We are working on investigating the frequent MP crash related to PhysX. It’s proving hard to find and involves external libraries. We hope to be able to hotfix 1.02 if we do find it soon.

But that's what Azzur33 already said.