Sign in to follow this  
laverniusregalis

My two cents for the posters in ArmA 3 general

Hello, I made this thread to just say a few words to all who browse this forum section often.

I recognize that ArmA3 isn't done, you all do quite clearly as well. But I think that BIS won't be motivated to work overtime to finish this game for everyone if they all just bash BIS for the littlest thing and try to whip them into submission for the most minuscule of screw-ups in their project. We cannot appreciate their work that they have done over the past years in development, then? I know I'll get everyone to hate me for this, but show the devs some patience. You bought the game. You're funding their efforts to finish it by having bought it. You're supporting them with money but you act like if you met them you'd punch their skulls in. Why? Can't we be constructive, helpful, and nice? All this place seems to get is hostility, toxicity, and hate in its threads. I just want it to stop. Yes, A3 doesn't feature as many units as A2 yet. But what have they done for us? They gave us a beautiful canvas of an island, the best controls I've seen in an ArmA game yet, beautiful graphics, better physics, and they're still working to give us more.

Rather than spend our time bashing Bohemia and being angry, why don't we get creative, make mods, find bugs for them to fix, make suggestions, be helpful? BIS has seen a lot when you think about it - they want to make basically a AAA-quality game with a quarter the budget, two of the important developers were imprisoned, and now we can't show them the slightest respect. I'm not defending them to death, rather feeling sorry for them - I just want everyone else to support their efforts rather than work against them. BIS isn't a big evil company like EA, they're for all intents an indie studio compared to EA or Activision. If you want to be toxic, be toxic - just keep it in one thread, and be constructive in the rest is what I'm trying to say.

Whether you agree with my points or not - I'm just saying, please. It's been almost 3 weeks - Take a chill pill, put your pitchforks down, and report the issues you find properly, don't just make rage threads about them.

Thanks.

Edited by steamtex

A thing that some people never think of is that BIS is a small dedicated team, but A3 looks like a huge AAA title made by some evil company that doesn't care about their customers (coffcoffEAcoffcoff) so they think it's right to whine and complain about things (even little) that are probably gonna get fixed/added/improved over time.

Yep. Fookin nasty crowd in here. Some have taken it upon themselves to make a full time job outta bitching -to save the relationship! -lol.

Best bet is just to ignore and let them burn themselves out while those that actually have an interest in constructive feedback use the tracker. Almost all reviews give the Arma 3 high marks in the Longevity dept -so we're not going anywhere.

would be cool to have more suggestion think tanks. i mean we all agree that the game isn't finished. and while people try to point out some ideas how things could work it generally gets drowned by personal discussions. i like how the dayZ mod forums have a whole suggestion section. it can be nice to think through gameplay concepts together and find ways to make them appealing so that devs might even pick them up.

the mod community shows that there are lots of good ideas floating around. it's understandable that BI are busy finishing what's there and crushing bugs. some ideas and constructive input couldn't hurt. i always felt that there wasn't a good place for that so i generally posted in the complain threads when there was a discussion about an actual feature in there.

it might help immensely if a thread is started with a different vibe.

Complainers always think they need their very own thread for ranting instead of using existing ones, which in effect lets them appear as a majority. I've rarely been in a video game community where people have so many good ideas and such profound discussions and constructive criticism about the features of the game. This is a great thing. But we must not forget that the people at BI are humans after all and that they also need some recognition now and then that the project they have put their heart's blood into the last years hasn't been all that bad. And I think it really hasn't. A3 is not perfect and it will never be, but it's still better than 95% of the other stuff that is released nowadays, without any long term support or developers speaking with the community regularly.

Hello, I made this thread to just say a few words to all who browse this forum section often.

I recognize that ArmA3 isn't done, you all do quite clearly as well.

Strange, I waited until Arma 3 was RELEASE, paid 60 bucks for it and it is unplayable due to it crashing for no apparent reason, not just for me but for MANY PEOPLE. So all I understand is that the company held out a game and STILL DOES (see banners everywhere for "ARMA 3 RELEASED") as finished and ready to go and it clearly is not.

Wouldn't you be bitter if you bought any other product that was supposedly ready for the consumer and it was clearly not? Why should I give the makers of Arma 3 a free pass?

But I think that BIS won't be motivated to work overtime to finish this game for everyone if they all just bash BIS for the littlest thing and try to whip them into submission for the most minuscule of screw-ups in their project.

miniscule problems I can work with... The game is UNPLAYABLE for many... THEY SHOULD be working overtime to make the game playable.

We cannot appreciate their hard work that they have done over the past years in development, then? I know I'll get everyone to hate me for this, but show the devs some patience. You bought the game. You're funding their efforts to finish it.

yes, I bought what I was lead to believe was a playable game ie NOT A BETA..... I dont owe them any patience... I paid them $60.00, they owe me a playable game.

You're supporting them with money

what a strange outlook... I am not supporting them... I purchased a product, they are not delivering.

but you act like if you met them you'd punch their skulls in. Why? Can't we be constructive, helpful, and nice? All this place seems to get is hostility, toxicity, and hate in its threads. I just want it to stop. Yes, A3 doesn't feature as many units as A2 yet. But what have they done for us? They gave us a beautiful canvas of an island, the best controls I've seen in an ArmA game yet, beautiful graphics, better physics, and they're still working to give us more.

Well, i don't advocate violence, but I haven't seen any calls for it either. If there are calls for it they can be rightly ignored. However the nut jobs doing so do not invalidate the angry people who cant play a game they paid for.

Rather than spend our time bashing Bohemia and being angry, why don't we get creative, make mods, find bugs for them to fix, make suggestions, be helpful? BIS has seen a lot when you think about it - they want to make basically a AAA-quality game with a quarter the budget, two of the important developers were imprisoned, and now we can't show them the slightest respect. I'm not defending them to death, rather feeling sorry for them - I just want everyone else to support their efforts rather than work against them. BIS isn't a big evil company like EA, they're for all intents an indie studio.

well, if they cant deliver what they advertised but keep my money, in my book that DOES make them an evil company. They have developers that cant keep themselves out of prison? Wonderful.

Let them give me a refund and I will stop complaining.. as long as They have my money and I have an unplayable game i will complain as much as I want, thanks!

it is unplayable due to it crashing for no apparent reason, not just for me but for MANY PEOPLE.

I must have missed that. Have there really been so many technical problems with the release version? I thought it was rather stable for a majority of people (not speaking about multiplayer fps issues).

But all of this doesn't belong here but into the corresponding threads, I guess. No need for another thread of this kind.

well, if they cant deliver what they advertised but keep my money, in my book that DOES make them an evil company. They have developers that cant keep themselves out of prison? Wonderful.

Let them give me a refund and I will stop complaining.. as long as They have my money and I have an unplayable game i will complain as much as I want, thanks!

There are a great many threads where you can be unpleasant and complain as much as you like. Don't feel compelled to sour every single thread that doesn't already have this kind of ignorant poison in it. Thanks!

THEY SHOULD be working overtime to make the game playable.

what makes you think they don't?

yes, I bought what I was lead to believe was a playable game ie NOT A BETA..... I dont owe them any patience... I paid them $60.00, they owe me a playable game.

i agree that the release is weird but they will deliver a full game for sure. you know that. and BETA doesn't mean unplayable. there are many many people enjoying the game right now as we speak.

in my book that DOES make them an evil company

get a grip. people like you take any credibility from any type of criticism these days. you're just a spoiled brat. yea the release is messed up but it's a game dude. you have no idea about the meaning of the word evil living in your little world of consumption. how about some balance and perspective?

There are a great many threads where you can be unpleasant and complain as much as you like. Don't feel compelled to sour every single thread that doesn't already have this kind of ignorant poison in it. Thanks!

Look I am not spamming the forums with vitriol. All the OP needed to say was "take your complaints where they belong". Instead he went into reasons why people shouldn't be complaining and I disagree with most if not all of his points.

Ill agree that complaints should be directed to the proper channel, but don't earmark in condemnation of warranted complaints to that notion.

Bingo.

what makes you think they don't?

I never said they don't... :confused: Jsut because I said I expect them to does not mean I think they aren't doing it.

i agree that the release is weird but they will deliver a full game for sure. you know that. and BETA doesn't mean unplayable. there are many many people enjoying the game right now as we speak.

I wish I was one of them... I didn't play Arma2 or arma3 beta... Other than taking internet forum posters word for it, I do not KNOW that they will deliver what they claimed to, this is my first and only experience with them and it is not going well so far.

get a grip. people like you take any credibility from any type of criticism these days. you're just a spoiled brat. yea the release is messed up but it's a game dude. you have no idea about the meaning of the word evil living in your little world of consumption. how about some balance and perspective?

LoL. If expecting a working product for my hard earned cash makes me a spoiled brat then I'll wear the moniker.

And you are the expert on "evil" and what that entails? What pray tell other than NOT HOLDING UP THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN can a company do to make them "evil".... All the company, any company, can do is offer me a product and let me purchase it willingly.... However if they misrepresent the product... Ie : Offer it for sale as a consumer ready release when it IS CLEARLY NOT, then they have cheated the consumer. This is why we have false advertising laws, because a companies failure to provide all the facts or to fail to deliver due to their incompetence is a violation of a willing transaction....

In other words, had I known the product was prone to crashing ever 1 - 20 min, I would not have purchased it... FACT.

And you fanboys will please stay out of our threads where we wish to complain, not disturbing them with your crazy fanboyish rants.

so you see no problem with the word evil here? not a tiny bit overdone? maybe use something not at the very edge of the spectrum? let's say on a scale from furry kitten to hitler you think hitler is the right word to describe a semi indie czech game developer? fair enough. i mean i can understand the overuse of the word awesome. but on the other side of the spectrum it gets a bit problematic for me personally.

Same as you and Steamtex. And a few other fanboys I can think of. Do they pay you or what? They should.

I have reported you and will no longer bother to answer to your useless rants. I still hope there will be a day that you will be pleased with Arma 3 or get bored of trolling so this forum can get a little rest.

so you see no problem with the word evil here? not a tiny bit overdone? maybe use something not at the very edge of the spectrum? let's say on a scale from furry kitten to hitler you think hitler is the right word to describe a semi indie czech game developer? fair enough. i mean i can understand the overuse of the word awesome. but on the other side of the spectrum it gets a bit problematic for me personally.

I wasn't the one who first used the term... I in fact don't even believe in "evil" as a thing... I simply use the term as a synonym for wrongdoing. It was not I who interjected the term into the discussion... since it is a term with broad meanings.

That being said.. a company that takes my money and doesn't deliver what they said they would is not a company that I want to deal with. I hope This issue gets sorted out so that I can enjoy the game... I think it will get sorted out, but I am not about to just shut up... the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the reality is that this shoudl not have happened...

How would you feel about Microsoft if you woke up tomorrow and windows was crashing randomly every 1 - 20 min?

I have reported you and will no longer bother to answer to your useless rants. I still hope there will be a day that you will be pleased with Arma 3 or get bored of trolling so this forum can get a little rest.

Report me all you like. Maybe you and steamtex should just stop attacking people, ay fanboy? As for you saying you will stop attacking me, good. Was tired of replying to all your fanboy rants as well.

@Austentatious - I wouldn't really call them evil. I would say it is more of a crooked alliance between them and Steam to unscrupulously make money with over hyped advertising and unkept promises.

Edited by Harbinger2456

the reality is that this shoudl not have happened...

well you can say that about a lot of things in life. bugs on release of a video game wouldn't be on top of my personal list. you kind of act like no game ever was buggy on release. and let me tell you. i know not one single person that has arma 3 constantly crashing. so do yourself (and BI) a favour and use the proper channels to report this including RPT or crash dump, or what ever they need in this case, so this can actually be fixed. that will help you and BI much more.

i'm not saying that a crashing game isn't upsetting or that the release practice of arma 3 is anything near optimal but do you really think that the guys at BI are sitting there with an evil smile? i mean do you really? seriously?

Report me all you like. Maybe you and steamtex should just stop attacking people, ay fanboy? As for you saying you will stop attacking me, good. Was tired of replying to all your fanboy rants as well.

I'm not attacking you, you're just attacking us, calling us fanboys, and frankly being an utterly dislikeable drone. I just want you to chill. This morning I was defending BIS. But now that I gave it some thought I made this for everyone to see, and decided to leave you to your anger thread. Harbinger, you seem to know only one way: the "BIS is literally hitler" way. They aren't.

People like you said the same of A1. It became a great game.

People like you said the same of A2. Also a great game after given time.

What makes you think it'll be different?

Edited by steamtex

@OP - Expecting to calm everyone down by making a new thread about it was doomed to fail from the beginning. This thread works like a magnet.

well you can say that about a lot of things in life. bugs on release of a video game wouldn't be on top of my personal list. you kind of act like no game ever was buggy on release. and let me tell you. i know not one single person that has arma 3 constantly crashing. so do yourself (and BI) a favour and use the proper channels to report this including RPT or crash dump, or what ever they need in this case, so this can actually be fixed. that will help you and BI much more.

a constant crashing is not a BUG. It is a failure of the product. That would be like saying that your new cars engine dieing all the time is the same as the cigarette lighter not working.

I dont mind bugs... but I CANT PLAY THE GAME. While it is wonderful that you don t know one person who has the game constantly crashing. perhaps you should visit some of the other forums here and see the hundreds of complaints about EXACTLY THAT. I first assumed it was just me and looked for a solution, turned out lots of people are having this issue. HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS.

i'm not saying that a crashing game isn't upsetting or that the release practice of arma 3 is anything near optimal but do you really think that the guys at BI are sitting there with an evil smile? i mean do you really? seriously?

No, I assume they are working to fix the problem, which might be naive. The fact is they released a game prematurely and have more money in their pockets for it while the customers have to deal with it. I have played a lot of games and never have I seen anything like this.

I don't know what an "evil smile" is.... that is your fiction.

What I THINK is that the game wasn't fully ready but they released it anyway in a ploy to rake in cash... They are behind the curve and are now spending that money on simply catching up to what they promised, instead of having what they promised ready and using the cash flow to make it even better.