Sign in to follow this  
dead kennedy

Collect CD-keys on the web-site - is this normal?

Good day.

I was browsing the site of one of the game servers - Tushino - and managed to register on it. Unfortunately, I could not do it for a very interesting reason! Registration form asks to specify your ArmA 2 OA CD-Key :butbut:

7468e1af.png

I want to ask only one question to experienced members of the community. Have you ever encountered similar situations when the site requires you to enter your CD-Key? It is normal practice or a kind of scam? The authors of the site explains it this way - they need you enter a CD-Key to generate a BattleEye GUID. Can me trust it? How a game publisher looks at a such request?

Or could this be related to the massive sale of stolen/illegal/broken keys, that are widely spread in the Russian internets? Such as plati.ru, Placebo repeatedly wrote about.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

It goes without saying that submitting your CD Key to a website or sharing your CD Key is always going to have some risks attached so be sure you trust the site you're using before doing so.

However.

One of the Admins of the site Serafim contacted me and elaborated on why it asks for the CD Key, so for the sake of clarity I agreed to post his explanation of what it's all about:

Tushino Serious Games (TSG) reports:

- this webform designed to get player registered on our forum.

required fields marked with star "*".

entering cd key in this form is unnecessary if player able to enter GUID.

desription on page translated ru-eng

Atention! For registration you need to know youre GUID.

Внимание!!! Ð”Ð»Ñ Ñ€ÐµÐ³Ð¸Ñтрации Вам необходимо знать Ñвой GUID.

This annotations about three ways how to get youre GUID.

- on forum by entering CD-KEY.

Ð’Ñ‹ можете воÑпользоватьÑÑ Ð¾Ð¿Ñ†Ð¸ÐµÐ¹ Ð¿Ð¾Ð»ÑƒÑ‡ÐµÐ½Ð¸Ñ GUID прÑмо на Ñайте, Ð²Ð²ÐµÐ´Ñ Ð² форму Ñвой CD_KEY, указанный на коробке Ñ Ð¸Ð³Ñ€Ð¾Ð¹ ArmA2:OA.

n.b.the script is executed on the client computer. forum gets only GUID data. [/i]

- in game

Так же вы можете узнать Ñвой GUID, Ð·Ð°Ð¹Ð´Ñ Ð½Ð° любой Ñервер в интернете. При подключении в чате игры вы увидите надпиÑÑŒ примерно Ñледующего ÑодержаниÑ:BattlEye Client: Server computed GUID: 58574d74f9cd0664d60d06fa2f4fed28.

- in game by typing command in chat

Так же в чат можно напиÑать команду #beclient guid.

Делаете Ñкриншот или запоминаете значение , указанное поÑле GUID. Ð’ нашем примере GUID - Ñто 58574d74f9cd0664d60d06fa2f4fed28 .

Ð’ поле Логин Вам необходимо указать ник, который впиÑан в вашем игровом профиле в ArmA2:OA, Ñ ÐºÐ¾Ñ‚Ð¾Ñ€Ñ‹Ð¼ Ð’Ñ‹ будите учаÑтвовать в играх на нашем Ñервере. Ðик нужно указывать без принадлежноÑти к какому либо отрÑду (клану).

so as you can see

1. we want to now only GUIDs

2. some Russian-speaking players often do not understand the meaning of writing on the Russian