Sign in to follow this  
desa

Arma 3 stuttering even in showcases

So yeah...after the latest update, while I did notice a significant improvement in my fps, the game is still unplayable for me due to a constant, every 3 seconds, stuttering.

I was not experiencing this before. Multiplayer had FPS issues but single player missions were running perfectly smooth even in higher settings.

It happens every time, in every server, in every showcase, even in a completely empty stratis map, even with 500 vision range and everything low/disabled, right off the start, non-stop, even right after turning on the PC!

Windows 7 64bit - Fully updated, scanned, registry clean

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ~3.2Ghz

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series: Tried with Catalyst Version 13.09 and 13.10 beta - no difference

8192mb RAM

Over 30% of HD space open, zero fragmentation

Using gamebooster, same as before this problem appeared, 0 fragmentation in arma3 folder.

.cfg:

No vsync

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1; (tested with 1,000, 2, 3, 4)

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1; (tested with 0 too)

Played with video settings a whole day, even with everything to low/disabled it would still occur. FPS could be great, but the same stuttering would not go away, even in single player I repeat. High-Ultra settings, still very playable fps wise, stutter stutter stutter.

Steam&gamebooster launch parameters (same as before):

-noSplash -cpuCount=6 -high -exThreads=7 -maxMem=6144 -maxvram=1024 -noLogs -world=empty -skipintro

Temperatures are fine, no cores are parked, same as before.

I'm aware of all the AMD issues with Arma 3 but I repeat, I did not have this before! So unless it's a huge coincidence it's probably not hardware side.

I'm desperate!

Download Driver Booster, delete the -maxvram parameter, try the development branch.

Download Driver Booster, delete the -maxvram parameter, try the development branch.

Driver Booster: Perfect drivers along the board

-maxvram: Deleted parameter, issue persists

Development version: issue persists

Turn off all unneded processes in taskmanager under your user name only. You dont need itunes running for example while playing. Most people have 80+ progys running and are not aware. you don't need this while playing. It will all return after reboot.

Turn off all unneded processes in taskmanager under your user name only. You dont need itunes running for example while playing. Most people have 80+ progys running and are not aware. you don't need this while playing. It will all return after reboot.

Been doing that before, tried it even harder after issue. Barely 10 light proccesses running besides arma, explorer.exe and other basic stuff.

I also uninstalled and downloaded everything from scratch, ditched gamebooster and ran the game with no parameters at all, no tweaking, nothing. Default video settings, then set to Low default, then disabled/lowed everything, issue persists. =(

I noticed yesterday on my server that Battleye is writing to the script and script 1 files to the tune of 22,000,000kb that's not a type-o before I figured out what was going berserk on the server eating up Bandwidth like it was downloading something.

I was D\Ling text to the before mentioned files. Making the game unplayable after about 30 min unless i kept deleting the files. Just to have them come back. I need to figure out what perams to edit to stop logging.

Don't know if that's related to your issue or not. But definitely an issue for me.

I need to figure out what perams to edit to stop logging.

-nologs

idk if that may help. I do know it stops rpt reports.

Ive been playing with editor and if I have too much background stuff running in the game it becomes choppy and freezing up, when I removed a lot of extras the game freed up and fps even improved, the issues you may be having may still be the physical game itself not streamlined and causing the game to run slowly MY CPU logger said it was hardly being used and same with the graphics card,

When your game starts freezing up or lagging check your memory on your graphics card and cpu see if its going off the chart. If not I think Arma 3 Devs will need to do more work.