Sign in to follow this  
Tacti-Cool

A3 Poll

How Did you receive the Launch?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. How Did you receive the Launch?

• I Enjoy A3, how it is in its current state
    • I Enjoy A3, but think it could have used a little more fine tuning.
    • I am indifferent
    • I dont like A3, and dont think i should have to use mods to finish the game
    • I dont like A3, BIS should have delayed launch for a more stable and varied end product

There was one for A2 (think it was called RTE ) and it was really nice. You could dynamically put stuff into the mission as it was running, and even use it to just look down from the heavens. I used that for Artillery. Unfortunately, it would always crash on me after about 10 minutes. I don't know why BIS doesn't put stuff like this into A3, seeing as they can just look at how the code was written and "probably" port it.

This is how I feel: "I enjoy A3, but I shouldn't have to use mods to finish the game". Why? Because, I certainly enjoy A3, but at the same time I do see the game as being unfinished. So I put indifferent up there, because my view is in the middle.

Voting for the last two options does not (or should not) mean that you haven't had any fun with A3, that you don't appreciate its many cool, well-done, and kick-ass aspects, or that you don't think the game will improve with time. I wish there had been this option in the poll:

"I have enjoyed A3, but am finished with the "showcase" demos which were too short and too few, don't think mods should be used to fix key game elements, and BIS should have delayed launch for a fuller, more stable, and varied end product" ;)

Edited by OMAC

Voting for the last two options does not (or should not) mean that you haven't had any fun with A3, that you don't appreciate its many cool, well-done, and kick-ass aspects, or that you don't think the game will improve with time. I wish there had been this option in the poll:

"I have enjoyed A3, but am finished with the "showcase" demos which were too short and too few, don't think mods should be used to fix key game elements, and BIS should have delayed launch for a fuller, more stable, and varied end product" ;)

Should have made that an option, Apologies!

No problem, mate! Thanks for starting this excellent poll. :)

I've been on board with this series from downloading hacked missions for the OFP demo months before its release.

Do I give BI some leeway? Absolutely.

They have provided a very unique mil-sim experience no other developer has been able to provide. I know from experience that BI will support and improve the game. Hell if you look at the OFP forum they released a patch for that game in 2012.

Im a little disappointed that the Arma3 release is less than perfect, but I can read between the lines and know that some very unique circumstances have contributed to the less than stellar release. But from past experience I know that it will get better. If this was EA I would be a lot more upset. But since it's BI I know there will be massive post release support. They have earned my trust.

Less than Beta ... untested trash. What were you thinking Bohemia? Not good ...

You're spreading mis-information and over exaggeratng entirely with you're opinions.

Interesting results.

With the data that we have now, a wide majority of voters enjoy A3 ( almost 70% ).

And only a 20% think that should had been delayed.

In my opinion, i think both was. The game is good. It is supposed to resemble a mil sim, but at this point, it is not quite there. It needs alot more work, because release content as most agree, isn't quite as good as it could've been. Assets to some forces, are the same vehicles with reskins, and so on. But BI is a small company, and i sort of understand it can be quite challenging with their small amount of developers working on it. End game? It still needs work. It will get that work, but it will take awhile before we REALLY start to see the good stuff. So at this point, i am indifferent.

Would be interesting to see the results if everyone that visited this thread (over 500) voted.

Would be interesting to see the results if everyone that visited this thread (over 500) voted.

Not sure if thats 500 unique views? I've checked this thread over 20 times and only 1 vote.

You're spreading mis-information and over exaggeratng entirely with you're opinions.

Well it's his opinion... Sure, it's been tested, but it's his opinion whether or not he sees it as "less than Beta". I honestly see it as Beta, but that's just me. And I don't understand why his post needed to be reported. It's breaking no forum rules.

That said, we can't use this poll to judge how the community feels about the release because the number of poll participants is too few. Not only that, but the Arma 3 player base is much larger than just this community anyway. However, I bet that the margin is a little bit smaller, but basically the same as these poll results. Except that I think the "needs fine tuning" is probably more so a "still needs fixing". I wouldn't be surprised if most people think that the game, like past entries, still has outstanding issues that need to be fixed.

Edited by antoineflemming

But since it's BI I know there will be massive post release support. They have earned my trust.

This is how I feel. They've already earned my trust not only once or twice, but 3 times over. When I defend the company & the games shortcomings, it's not so much from the "fanboy" approach, as it is that I've come to trust BIS & their consistency. Never have I seen a franchise be so consistent. For the most part, we know what to expect from every new title. Albeit Arma3 has caused the most stir out of the series because of the medical system, lack of inertia while prone, weight:speed & "missing" content. There are also alot of improvements to be seen though cosmetically & gameplay.

The editor is even more fantastic, albeit 2d. The new inventory dialog (UI) is also great, or at the very least better than what we did have. We still have more than enough things to keep us busy. The servers are as populated as I've ever seen (disregarding the zombie mod). Being able to use attachments is great. I personally run Arma3 better than Arma2. It's still Arma. As a whole, it's not so drastically different, that it could be considered as "bad" or not worth playing. Atleast not in imo.

Kind Regards,

Pac Man

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

That said, we can't use this poll to judge how the community feels about the release because the number of poll participants is too few. Not only that, but the Arma 3 player base is much larger than just this community anyway.

I know the player base is huge... The servers stay packed. The game must not be as big of a flop as some make it out to be.

ck-claw - How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Love your sig!

Thanks - its tattoo'd on my inside left forearm.

On topic, i really understand ppl's issues, i really do!

But (and this was my same opinion for Arma2) delaying it would prob of been the better option? if there was even that option!

But i'd rather have it as is than have to wait till play it for another year.

or option 6:

I liked the game once but then I realized that the game was build over a crappy old game engine and the developers are incompetents and now I regret the money I gave away.

I liked the game once but then I realized that the game was build over a crappy old game engine and the developers are incompetents and now I regret the money I gave away.

And your opinion is based in?

BTW I guess you are not using Windows Xp/7/8, you know all of them use the same old base, the Windows NT kernel from the 90s...

or option 6:

You're new here aren't you.

It might be an old engine but I'll eat my guitar if BIS doesn't turn this game into something amazing if you give them 2 months. It happens with virtually every BIS game release. BIS is bad at good releases, and great at turning that release into a great thing. BIS games are like a wine: new, they're bad. Given time, they're great.

....because that didn't happened before. Three times.

But now is less bad.

Interesting results.

With the data that we have now, a wide majority of voters enjoy A3 ( almost 70% ).

And only a 20% think that should had been delayed.

Throw a poll like this up on a Steam discussion where the game is actually distributed, see how positive it looks. Of course you'll probably use the excuse that Steam is full of retards and shit posters, which to an extent I agree somewhat, but it's still the distribution platform of the game.

As for the poll, I think they should have delayed at least for the full campaign and I think that too much emphasis is going into modding at this point to make the game what it should be for a stable base. I need multiple AI mods, a sound mod, effects/graphics mods, weapon mods, fixed wing aircraft mods, editor mods etc... probably half a gig to a gig of mods right out of the release, just to make the game playable in it's current state. I never liked heavily modding my game, I always enjoyed ArmA and ArmA 2 for the base default game. It never felt as lacking in content or feature's as ArmA 3 does.

Right now, the game still feels like an early beta, which I'm sure people who paid $60 for the game and then hit that campaign button and read the campaign DLC message loved. Even still though there's a real lack of polished completed vanilla content in game and a real lack of feature's to make this a good "Military Sandbox".

You're new here aren't you.

It might be an old engine but I'll eat my guitar if BIS doesn't turn this game into something amazing if you give them 2 months. It happens with virtually every BIS game release. BIS is bad at good releases, and great at turning that release into a great thing. BIS games are like a wine: new, they're bad. Given time, they're great.

"You're new here aren't you" lol. I still wish they were able to find some way to better the engine to where stationary AI don't result in dropped FPS. Might be wishful thinking though. Fact is, the engine is old. Sure, other games' engines are too, but those engines handle well. Now, you may say that their AI isn't as complex, and I'd say yeah, you're right. But those games still run well. I really wish for the day that AI doesn't affect performance. THAT would be an awesome day.

As for your analogy, well, here's my take: BIS games - new wine, bad. Old wine, great, but it's still an old wineskin. It's still a pretty old, outdated engine that doesn't take advantage of modern CPUs/GPUs and it still bogs down the CPU.

@MistyRonin: yeah, Windows is built off of an older version, just like COD's engine is old. But these old engines and platforms have actually adapted and improved over time. Can't really say the same for BIS's engine. Windows doesn't run like crap on contemporary hardware. IW's engine doesn't run like crap on contemporary hardware. For certain contemporary computers, Arma 3 does run like crap.

I really wish for the day that AI doesn't affect performance. THAT would be an awesome day.

Isn't that what HC is for?

Steam is full of retards and shit posters, which to an extent I agree somewhat, but it's still the distribution platform of the game.

Which sure doesn't say much for this game.

Which sure doesn't say much for this game.

Wrong, it doesn't say a lot for the people on the Steam forums.. you frequent there a lot?