Sign in to follow this  
Tacti-Cool

A3 Poll

How Did you receive the Launch?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. How Did you receive the Launch?

• I Enjoy A3, how it is in its current state
    • I Enjoy A3, but think it could have used a little more fine tuning.
    • I am indifferent
    • I dont like A3, and dont think i should have to use mods to finish the game
    • I dont like A3, BIS should have delayed launch for a more stable and varied end product

Someone Suggested I make a poll for how the community received the A3 Launch, So i did!

Like someone else said: A3 is a diamond in the rough, it just needs polishing and work to shine.

And can someone just tell me why Fulcrum keeps sludging about the forums acting down ALL DAY? I just want to see him say something positive/not pessimistic for once

Edited by steamtex

Hes entitled to his opinion, just like you are. Different strokes for different folks

I've voted for the second. But I think it should say "I enjoy Arma 3, but think it could have used a lot of fine tuning" ;P

But I understand with games getting more and more complex it's also getting nearly impossible to release a bug-free game in a considerable amount of time and without a whole lot of people everything 1000s of hours.

I Enjoy A3, but think it could have used a little more fine tuning.

But do this again when the game is ready'ish.

I am:

I love the game, but I think it is in need of improvement, AND I shouldn't have to use mods to enjoy the game.

Like someone else said: A3 is a diamond in the rough, it just needs polishing and work to shine.

And can someone just tell me why Fulcrum keeps sludging about the forums acting down ALL DAY? I just want to see him say something positive/not pessimistic for once

And can you say why people like you, stay on the forums all day just defending BIS at any cost? Maybe we would like to see YOU admit the truth about things once in a while.

Voted. Arma 3 should have been greatly delayed in release.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

ck-claw - How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Love your sig!

Maybe we would like to see YOU admit the truth about things once in a while.

And this would make Arma3 a better game? See, it's only about your ego here and nothing else. This is not even remotely constructive. Even if we all admitted you were right and after 400 hours of playing suddenly realized that Arma 3 is not fun at all, it would make you and your troll buddies feel better, but it would not send us all back in time, where in some alternative reality Arma 3 has been delayed and will be released next year with all the features you would like it to have.

This is not even remotely constructive

And constantly defending BIS, saying they are wonderful and nothing is wrong with the game is? Please.

Harbinger, please. Take a chill pill.

ArmA3 has its flaws, so does every ArmA game at/shortly after release.

With work, ArmA3 shall also be a great part of the series. I'm not defending it to death, I'm simply trying to quell the rage of the community since it's quite clear to me that BIS doesn't pay a ton of attention to these pessimistic "we're angry so let's be angry on the forums" posts. We've had them for a while now, I ask only we keep it in one thread and leave the others for constructive content. Rather than denounce BIS, give them constructive feedback!

And constantly defending BIS, saying they are wonderful and nothing is wrong with the game is? Please.

Nobody ever said that. But criticism needs to have a purpose, praise doesn't. I don't see the purpose, unless you make specific requests or suggestions.

Nobody ever said that. But criticism needs to have a purpose, praise doesn't. I don't see the purpose, unless you make specific requests or suggestions.

Nay, I believe Harbinger simply spends his time raging on about BIS's "disaster" of a game.

Vote: I Enjoy A3, but think it could have used a little more fine tuning

I like ArmA 3 and specially Altis! Love the clouds and lighting, the new physics, the smooth animations, improved AI combat behavior (besides indoor). There is tons of stuff that is much better then ArmA 2. I was already happy with how ArmA 2 looked, Takistan is still my fav map (next to Altis now), but in ArmA 3 it is more polished.

There are some things like AI going total nuts when they see a camo net and give the camo net a priority over shooting at hostile AI are things that should have been picked up and noticed by the devs and private testers before launch. And things like airstrips that may look authentic, but are useless for jets and AUVs is something that I liked to have seen different. And the vehicles of opfor/bluefor are to similar. With Arrowhead I really liked that the Takistan side was a bit of a underdog, but still nasty ass hell and a force to be reckoned with. In ArmA 3 it does not really matter which side you choose or play against as they have the same capabilities. And the only military objects are arma 2 camo nets (with the mentioned AI issue) and the vehicle covers can not be used with the ArmA 3 vehicles as the vehicles are to high for the net (also has not been tested it seems).

Of course I and everyone else (I assume) would like to see perfection and twice the amount of content and features then ArmA 2, but thats not a realistic expectation. Keeping in mind that BI is not a big AAA company and have a limited budget to work with and the knowledge that BI will keep working on the game/sim for a long time to come I am very happy with ArmA III. I haven't played ArmA 2 since the release :)

P.S,

The devs that made the Altis map deserve a staue, it must have taken a huge amound of time and dedication to create. Top Work!

multiplayer is crap basicly.... no intressting pvp community evolved so far, i hate the ignorance and shortsightedness of 90% of the server hosters and the decisions they make. BIS is failing completely to deliver or promote intressting multiplayer experience... the player base is 99% clueless and not living up to armas apparent "super tactical gameplay pro" reputation...

i voted for nothing because none of the options is really adressing this particular issue.

Takistan is still my fav map (next to Altis now), but in ArmA 3 it is more polished.

I would love to see a Takistan Redux

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

multiplayer is crap basicly.... no intressting pvp community evolved so far, i hate the ignorance and shortsightedness of 90% of the server hosters and the decisions they make. BIS is failing completely to deliver or promote intressting multiplayer experience... the player base is 99% clueless and not living up to armas apparent "super tactical gameplay pro" reputation...

i voted for nothing because none of the options is really adressing this particular issue.

Server Hosting Issues has nothing to due with the content of the game, which is what this poll is related to.

Harbinger, please. Take a chill pill.

ArmA3 has its flaws, so does every ArmA game at/shortly after release.

With work, ArmA3 shall also be a great part of the series. I'm not defending it to death, I'm simply trying to quell the rage of the community since it's quite clear to me that BIS doesn't pay a ton of attention to these pessimistic "we're angry so let's be angry on the forums" posts. We've had them for a while now, I ask only we keep it in one thread and leave the others for constructive content. Rather than denounce BIS, give them constructive feedback!

I've noticed this on many forums. People telling other people who also paid for the game to "keep their criticism to a minimum / do it somewhere else / do it in a limited space."

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that isn't the way it works. These people paid for the game just like everyone else, and they should be able to voice their views, whatever they are. There shouldn't be favoritism in favor of only positive postings.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but that isn't the way it works. These people paid for the game just like everyone else, and they should be able to voice their views, whatever they are. There shouldn't be favoritism in favor of only positive postings.

Yes, everyone has a legitimate right to raise CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. But not spam every thread on this forum with useless rants like some people do. We all know there is no campaign by now, no need to tell it over and over again.

I've noticed this on many forums. People telling other people who also paid for the game to "keep their criticism to a minimum / do it somewhere else / do it in a limited space."

Yes, people like me call them fanboys. They'll defend a game / company to the death. No matter how bad it is. One wonders if the company is paying them?

Love the game, how it is, but it could use a little fine tuning and I shouldn't need mods to find enjoyment out of the game.

Wish they would dumb down the editor a little more though... make it easier for people like me :P

Lol, I wouldn't say dumbdown, but yeah, I see what you mean. It would be nice if they would finally make an official 3D editor, like mods did in Arma 2.