Sign in to follow this  
jdberg2003@gmail.com

Responsible Game Development

Bohemia Interactive:

Did you really not test the latest patch before you applied it across the board? I understand that you have to optimize the game, but with this many people having the same crash problem I can only assume that you didn't do your homework... Typical of today's game developers.

Can you please revert the game to a working version while you iron out the problems with the new one?

- Someone who wants to play a game for which he has already paid.

Well, while I agree that there are lots of threads about crashing ( why I am here in first place) I have to agree that this thread is warranted. I paid a pretty bi fee for a game released on Steam that I rightly assumed would be playable. I cannot fathom how a company can release a versions of its game that has such a large issue for so many people. It is simply unacceptable. I have a great system perfectly capable of playing the game and they have my money. They are not holding up their end of the bargain... I did not buy a BETA game...

Simply unacceptable.

Oh look, another post of a known problem. How helpful.

Why exactly are you lurking around this area of the forum? - Especially when, as you say, you are having absolutely no problems with ARMA 3? :confused:

I'll hazard a guess:

A) You are a troll

B) 42

If you have nothing helpful to contribute, please make like an Abit motherboard and stop posting. :)

OT - I think it might be necessary to send some kind of message to BIS and push for a response about the state of the game and their argueably premature release to 'full', but I'm not sure how effective this would be.

I think a more deeply thoughtout, evidence backed open letter written with the support of community members might be more appropriate and helpful.

Better to post your feedback on the correct thread/forum section then to rant, rave, and complain about what was and wasn't done,

feedback with details, rpt, dump files and your settings, as well as your computer specs are

more helpful and more likely to help "optimize" the next patch, this will details as what Bis needs to look at.

Keep in mind that not every patch is going to be better for your game, some things will get fixed and break something else.

Personally I would not let steam update the game until you get feedback from the community

(glad i haven't bought A3 yet considering I cant run it anyways but these threads are giving me a good insight that the game isn't stable yet)

here on how the next version is running for them, otherwise threads like this pop up, no pun intended towards the Op.

vreddesbyrd

((((QUOTE Why exactly are you lurking around this area of the forum? - Especially when, as you say, you are having absolutely no problems with ARMA 3? ))))

exactly what i said to him here >> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165783-Arma-3-Returning-to-Beta/page2

so i go with A

the troll as im not sure what 42 means lol

i like seeing lots of new threads made on this issue more the better perhaps BI will wake up and see the sheer volume of frustration in paying customers

Given the nature of the problem I would have to agree...quality controls seem to be MIA considering the issue has been known since alpha...

Posted 3/19/2013 by DnA - a BI Developer

QUOTE=DnA;2346925]Hi, this is a common crash which we are trying to solve with our partner NVIDIA (example issue on FT).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150907-PhysX3_x86-dll-Crash

I wasn't having this problem until the latest patch...

I dont mean to vent here but considering how rough the game was at release...and incomplete...and now the patch of doom...how long will it be before people shelve it and move on. I would hate to see that happen as this is the game I want to play for the next few years. I hope BI can get it together fast.

Edited by Bvrettski

1) I don't mind that they pushed the product to release before it was ready - it was a working version, and I'm fine with that.

2) I'm not just venting because my game is broken - I'm emphasizing how bad it looks on their part and they should be more careful in the future

3) I'm proposing something real - that they revert the game back to the previous version until they get the bugs worked out with the new one. It's not a short-term problem anymore.

Why exactly are you lurking around this area of the forum? - Especially when, as you say, you are having absolutely no problems with ARMA 3? :confused:

I'll hazard a guess:

A) You are a troll

B) 42

If you have nothing helpful to contribute, please make like an Abit motherboard and stop posting. :)

OT - I think it might be necessary to send some kind of message to BIS and push for a response about the state of the game and their argueably premature release to 'full', but I'm not sure how effective this would be.

I think a more deeply thoughtout, evidence backed open letter written with the support of community members might be more appropriate and helpful.

I was just saying that there are tons of threads about this, there is no need to make another one. Not trolling or anything. Oh and, where did I say that I have absolutely no problems with A3?

here ya go frankHH http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165783-Arma-3-Returning-to-Beta you more or less state the game is perfect

also i love all these multiple threads its great the more threads there are of the same topic are being made the better as it shows the scale of peoples frustration

It also shows the fact that people do not use the search function...

here ya go frankHH http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165783-Arma-3-Returning-to-Beta you more or less state the game is perfect

also i love all these multiple threads its great the more threads there are of the same topic are being made the better as it shows the scale of peoples frustration

Can you quote the part where I said that the game is perfect?

i said more or less

omg internet gaming brings out the best in people shhheeeeeesh :/ or trolls

Edited by SASsnipey