Sign in to follow this  
monotone

IN-GAME marker needs whole refurbishment

While playing coop,any leaders find it is hard to tell his plan to subordinates because of lack of significant feature about in game marker.

We need at least below features so that order and report in game can be shared swiftly and nicely.

-copy and paste

-drawing line and area

-repositioning existing marker

In my opinion the dot as default marker make everything you told easier, but if they could make all these options possible it would be cool, and maybe even choosing what default marker you want

IMO There are TOO MANY markers, makes it difficult sometimes to find the one you want on the map.

Perhaps a drop-down menu to select the marker when you make it on your in-game map?

That would definitely be a solution.

That would definitely be a solution.

As well as a click+drag feature so you can rotate the icon, and arrows. That would fill in for not having proper lines, I think. Since lines would technically be making up a NEW marker image on demand... I can't really explain that. Bleh, English.

As well as a click+drag feature so you can rotate the icon, and arrows. That would fill in for not having proper lines, I think. Since lines would technically be making up a NEW marker image on demand... I can't really explain that. Bleh, English.

Nice idea. An arrow that could be rotated would be awesome.

In my opinion the dot as default marker make everything you told easier

This x1000. Dot needs to be default again.

Don't feel that need copy/paste or line drawing (no need for penises everywhere, which is all that feature will be used for). Moving an existing one would be neat, as would rotating.

what's needed is a context sensitive menu system combined with a "pre-mission start" drawing tool. That way, complex ideas and organisational data can be conveyed to the squad much easier.

but yeah, i'd settle with a dot as the first marker.. :)

G

From the Wishlist No Discussion - Page 213

This is my suggestion for the map symbols. (It basically works like the inventory system - Drag and Drop)

Basically you would have 10 save slots for your most commonly used symbols. Along with the symbols you can also save what color and what text are accompanied with them by simply typing in the text, picking the color and dragging the symbol to an a empty slot WITHOUT hitting OK. (Being able to hold shift and rotate the symbol would be nice too)

OPERATION:

Open the map and double click on the spot you would like to mark as you normally would.

Simply use the up and down arrows like normal to change the symbol.

Choose the color by clicking on it with your mouse cursor.

If you'd like to save text with the symbol, simply type what you want in the text bar.

If you don't want text then just leave the text bar empty.

Once you have everything set up, simply move your cursor over to the big symbol and drag it to an empty slot. DO NOT HIT OK unless you also want to place that symbol on the part of the map you double clicked on.

If you only want to save symbols BUT not place a marker on the map at that time you would simply hit cancel to close the window after you've saved your symbols to the save slots.

To clear a save slot you must move the cursor over the slot and press delete. Simply dragging a different symbol over a filled slot WILL NOT replace it. This is to prevent accidental replacement during "Oh crap I'm getting shot!" combat. 30xipmf.png

(I know we don't really need all those colors I just used them to make all the squares even.)

Edited by Squirrel0311

Don't feel that need copy/paste or line drawing (no need for penises everywhere, which is all that feature will be used for).

Why can't you think aside from a penis?

Most of essential orders in a battle plan such as AO or LD/LC are depicted by area and line,not a dot.

If you will see penis in your server,curse immaturity of people surrounding you.It's not fault of the game.

They could set a parameter to allow for drawing or not. Obviously in public games you would NEED to disable this. Unless ofcourse you like seeing penis and foul words all over the map.

@Monotone, excellent example of why this would be great.