Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Degrading performance over time, fixed by exiting Arma and rejoining.

I play on TAW's Domination server and I have had a problem where performance is degrading over time, but if I disconnect and exit Arma then rejoin, I regain my FPS again.

For example; I'll join the server with 35 players on and my FPS will be at about 30. Then after a couple of AO's my FPS will be around 15 or so and running really "stuttery" (it feels like I am very low on memory). If I exit the game and rejoin my FPS will be back to around 30 for another couple of AO's (40 minutes or so), then the FPS will drop again.

I used to put this kind of degrading performance problem down to the server not being able to cope with the amount of players, as the problem seems to be less apparent when there are 20 players or less on the server. It does seems to happen much quicker when the server is nearly full (40 players).

Anyone else get this or know how to help it?

ye I saw that behaviour rarely on several hours lasting 30 player coop missions with 100s of AI...

usually the 'flush' command fixed it for me (no need to exit and restart).

Edited by @ST

Same problem here, sometimes I can get my FPS back up when I flush, or ALT-Tab and tab back in.

Or Taskmanager and change priority to high and tab back in, my fps suddenly good again. it just doenst last too long very annoying.