Sign in to follow this  
aoshi

Simple pool do you play with dead zone on?

Do you play with dead zone on?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play with dead zone on?

Did you use it? you put it on max? what is the advantages of dead zone?

None of the above, I use aiming deadzone sometimes.

Max and it can give you a fair shooting radius whilst moving forward or back, without deviating from your course, which can be kind of useful. But it takes a little getting used to. Moving the top portion of your torso, is handy, in life & in-game.;)

Hi, i don't use it because it's too sensible, is as if the weapon didn't had any weight or inertia; aside of that... the recoil doesn't work as IRL (up and to the left) so it makes it harder for me. Let's C ya

I found on my old computer it gave me smoother gameplay to use deadzone (I guess since moving to aim didn't move the entire view of the screen). However since I upgraded I only play with zero deadzone.

I used to use it in Arma 2. In fact, I found it impossible to play without it. It was one of my favorite parts of the Arma series. Not so much anymore.

Because BI changed the way the mouse input and aiming is handled in Arma 3 (made it more like a generic FPS), I find it impossible to use. The crosshair movement inside the dead-zone is ridiculously fast while, once the crosshair reaches the edge of the dead-zone, the turning speed of the unit is incredibly slow. It's absurdly hard to use. And don't even get me started on how utterly broken it is when used with a TrackIR...

I find it rather sad to see that BI has clearly neglected this feature in Arma 3. A feature that used to be on, by default in OFP and Arma 1...

Catering to a new crowd, I guess. :(

I use max dead zone. Used to it since forever. Problem though is it borks the TrackIR..

I use ~50% dead zone. Just because of so many years playing with it. I'm used to it though and it feels wonky if i don't use it.

I use it. It's handy in that sense that your whole body doesn't immediately turn if you adjust your aim a bit. That way you're harder to spot.

Aiming deadzone is along with the inability to jump the key features of OFP/Arma. One of the huge advantages with deadzone is that you can stay hidden especially in PvP and aim with minimal movement. With aiming deadzone disabled your whole body moves when you turn the rifle. Unfortunately it seems like this key feature has been pretty much neglected by BIS. It's there but it's not really working as well as it could have. It's way to fast compared to the turn speed.

Because I use TrackIR, I had deadzone inactive. However recently I found out that weapon firing responses are better with some deadzone. So now I have deadzone set to approx. 25%

I'm Trying to use it too, majority don't use this (by partial pool result) maybe that why they don't put too much attention on it

looks like it amplify the sensitivy a lot and the weapon become responsive

Aiming deadzone is along with the inability to jump the key features of OFP/Arma. One of the huge advantages with deadzone is that you can stay hidden especially in PvP and aim with minimal movement. With aiming deadzone disabled your whole body moves when you turn the rifle. Unfortunately it seems like this key feature has been pretty much neglected by BIS. It's there but it's not really working as well as it could have. It's way to fast compared to the turn speed.

yeah. For me having no dead zone makes it feel as if I'm a stiff board lol. It feels as if I'm not playing arma without it.

Because I use TrackIR, I had deadzone inactive. However recently I found out that weapon firing responses are better with some deadzone. So now I have deadzone set to approx. 25%

Same here with TrackIR - but what do you mean by "weapon firing responses" being better with deadzone?

Same here with TrackIR - but what do you mean by "weapon firing responses" being better with deadzone?

Try it out, it just seems like I have a slightly easier time controlling recoil compared to not having any deazone at all. Maybe it's just an impression I get, but it seems to work for me :)

Try it out, it just seems like I have a slightly easier time controlling recoil compared to not having any deazone at all. Maybe it's just an impression I get, but it seems to work for me :)

Interesting. I'll give that a try. :)

I said before that dead zone doesn't feel right for me, what I meant by that is that it does not feel like real life, and anything I can do to have Arma as close to real life as possible is the way to go, for me at least. The thing is when I use my Mk I eye ball to look down the sights of a real rifle my entire field of view is locked to the sights and what they see, be it iron sights or otherwise. So when I move my rifle when it's up at the aim my *entire* field of view moves with it, not just a tiny portion in the middle.

I said before that dead zone doesn't feel right for me, what I meant by that is that it does not feel like real life, and anything I can do to have Arma as close to real life as possible is the way to go, for me at least. The thing is when I use my Mk I eye ball to look down the sights of a real rifle my entire field of view is locked to the sights and what they see, be it iron sights or otherwise. So when I move my rifle when it's up at the aim my *entire* field of view moves with it, not just a tiny portion in the middle.

I get what you say

but for gameplay looks like a little dead zone (25~~50%) really helps with the recoil, because when you shot, the screen don't move as much as, with 0 dead zone

You're. Totally right. Recoil on deaf one is so toned down its crazy and a huge step back. .

I used to use it in Arma 2. In fact, I found it impossible to play without it. It was one of my favorite parts of the Arma series. Not so much anymore.

Because BI changed the way the mouse input and aiming is handled in Arma 3 (made it more like a generic FPS), I find it impossible to use. The crosshair movement inside the dead-zone is ridiculously fast while, once the crosshair reaches the edge of the dead-zone, the turning speed of the unit is incredibly slow. It's absurdly hard to use. And don't even get me started on how utterly broken it is when used with a TrackIR...

I find it rather sad to see that BI has clearly neglected this feature in Arma 3. A feature that used to be on, by default in OFP and Arma 1...

Catering to a new crowd, I guess. :(

Same here, I used to use it in the previous games, but with Arma3 it just felt weird, so I have it turned off since alpha.

I'd love to see the dead zone variable depending on stance and movement speed. If you're prone then max dead zone so you aren't moving your whole body to aim while lying down. Crouching would have a smaller dead zone, standing even smaller. Walking forward have some dead zone for off axis aiming, combat pace almost none, and of course jogging and sprinting you can't aim anyways.

Don't use, it's not what a soldier would do (point the weapon somewhere other than where he is looking). At least, it's not what I've been trained to do.

I get what you say

but for gameplay looks like a little dead zone (25~~50%) really helps with the recoil, because when you shot, the screen don't move as much as, with 0 dead zone

The recoil of any particular weapon is part and parcel of the Arma experience for me, so if I had any sort of dead zone applied it would feel like I was cheating myself. I also try to practise every day, even if it's just for half an hour, so that over time my muscle memory slowly learns how to deal with any recoil effect. I love the challenge.