Sign in to follow this  
Feerless

Arma 3 Crashing Like Crazy

Whenever me and my friend play on multiplayer servers, we both crash at the same time along with the whole server (almost) And we just stopped playing today because it is happening like every 10 minutes. Am I the only one having this problem?

Nope, a lot of people are having his problem. My cousin and I played today and crashed on every game we joined after about 10-20 minutes. I guess we'll have to wait for a patch to fix what the new patch messed up.

I can't play for more than 10-20 minutes. The game crashes without reason. One guy said it's because I have AMD video card but I think that's not the problem at all.

I can't play for more than 10-20 minutes. The game crashes without reason. One guy said it's because I have AMD video card but I think that's not the problem at all.

Yeah thats not the problem at all, I have a nvidia and get the same problem....

Well this is getting really annoying. I went to slip thinking tomorrow will be a good day... 15 minutes into the game and I crashed, again. And this will probably keep going forever

I crash when i put on a helmet from VAS. I think the game just poops out for different folks at different times.

I wasn't getting crashing before the patch, but now it tends to freeze in game when a lot of stuff starts happening, or crashes when I've alt-tabbed out of the game, which didn't happen before.

Have you disabled VSync by chance? I was experiencing a lot of crashes and freezes when I had it disabled. Since I have enabled it again, I haven't had a single problem.

And if you do have VSync turned on, maybe you could try disabling it and see if it still crashes...seems to be a huge problem factor for my graphic card at least (also nvidia)

I do not think this thread is getting enough attention. Me and MULTIPLE (10 + ) of my friends are constantly crashing in Multiplayer servers. This didnt happen pre-patch, now we can't play for 20 mins without crashing and losing everything. Absolutely unplayable by a long shot. I've tried everything -- uninstalled / reinstalled, verified game cache, factory defaulted my CPU overclocking and my GPU overclocking. Game just 'Stops Working'.

I do not think this thread is getting enough attention. Me and MULTIPLE (10 + ) of my friends are constantly crashing in Multiplayer servers. This didnt happen pre-patch, now we can't play for 20 mins without crashing and losing everything. Absolutely unplayable by a long shot. I've tried everything -- uninstalled / reinstalled, verified game cache, factory defaulted my CPU overclocking and my GPU overclocking. Game just 'Stops Working'.

Yeah. This happens to me when playing KING OF THE HILL missions. I just played 3 hours of Altis life without any problem but when playing KING OF THE HILL it just stops working.

Yeah. This happens to me when playing KING OF THE HILL missions. I just played 3 hours of Altis life without any problem but when playing KING OF THE HILL it just stops working.

Has it ever occurred to you that the problem might be with this specific mission, which is not an official mission, and not actually with Arma 3 itself?

Has it ever occurred to you that the problem might be with this specific mission, which is not an official mission, and not actually with Arma 3 itself?

Wow. This is a pointless 'Troubleshooting' forum I take it. What don't you understand that ARMA 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING. Does it matter what mission it is? Let me rephrase I guess--

ANY multiplayer server I connect to whether it's a DM, KOTH, Wasteland, or WHATEVER ... crashes. Now i'm assuming the next brilliant response on the forum will say "well your computer sucks".

i7 3820k

EVGA gtx 670 FTW x 2 - SLI ( before you say try and un-SLI your cards and use one card ... it crashes both ways)

1 TB 10k RPM Velociraptor HDD

ASUS PX79 LE motherboard

Solutions I've tried: Verifying steam cache: Fail, Restore factory defaults (CPU and GPU): Fail, Uninstall / Reinstall: Fail, Reading this Forum: Fail.

It ran fantastic, BEFORE this almost 1gb patch. So has it ever occurred to YOU to keep an open mind a little bit more on a troubleshooting forum when people are looking for real answers and not a reply that I expect to hear from Microsoft Tech support.

Wow. This is a pointless 'Troubleshooting' forum I take it. What don't you understand that ARMA 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING. Does it matter what mission it is?

Of course it does. There can be a million reasons for your game crashing, especially when you are using user made missions, which may still be in an early developement stage and contain errors, broken scripts etc. If it only happens in one specific mission, the mission is probably just broken, so don't act like anyone has the obligation to help you out immediately...

I'll jump in on this one and try to provide a bit of background that I've been able to gleen from reading around the forums.

Because of the way BIS have created ARMA, with the community and new content in mind, the editor gives the player access to an element of the game which, if not properly manipulated (ie, create a new missions) can cause a variety of issues such as perfomance loss and crashing.

Now, having looked through a not insubstantial amount of scripts out there for a variety of missions and purposes and, in some cases, larger projects such as DayZ and Wastelands, it becomes easy to see that the construction of these missions/packages/projects is something of a mish-mash amalgamation of a variety of different mods/scripts/packages most of which are not written or opitmised in the way that official BIS content is (mostly) done.

An example I'll point out is the use of custom kits with player respawn along with the use of AI - Because of the way you need the custom kits to work with respawning, you must make sure that scripts are re-run on each player respawn so that the custom kits are applied. If this is done in a way which does not consider optimisation or performance, you get a situation where numerous scripts are being run and re-run throughout a match across X number of players for hours at a time. The same goes for AI - consider the work involved in controlling AI and then think about how much any given server/mod/mission uses AI and then add to that all the extra work the server/your machine is already doing.

This all adds up and when you have a game like ARMA 3 which is a beast in the first place, you start to stress things more and more until something gives - ARMA isn't perfect (hears scoffs and sniggers everywhere).

Jumping back across the fence, I will say that this does not give ARMA 3/BIS a pass. They have opened up the game to the community and invited us all to come and have a tinker, meaning they are responsible for fixing any kind of anomalies that may occur, or better yet, providing better documentation so that these seemingly common mistakes are avoided - That is unless I have managed to miss any statement BIS might have made with regards to not officially supporting modding, which I can't imagine they have.

Novemberist - I see that you are obviously frustrated because people are directing bile at BIS for something which in the first instance probably isn't directly BIS's fault.

What you aren't seeing is that, regardless of whether it is down to poorly created missions or a fault within the patch, the issues are wide spread and affect a large portion of the community - and not just on one singular mission or mod. I've played nearly a dozen different missions/mods in which I have experience the Physx crash. Surely this is something BIS need to look at?

Of course it does. There can be a million reasons for your game crashing, especially when you are using user made missions, which may still be in an early developement stage and contain errors, broken scripts etc. If it only happens in one specific mission, the mission is probably just broken, so don't act like anyone has the obligation to help you out immediately...

Hi, I am using all stock setting on my pc... no mods or custom ANYTHING on Arma and I am having the same crashing problem. It isnt a specific mission, it isnt explosions... it is random and often.

Hi, I am using all stock setting on my pc... no mods or custom ANYTHING on Arma and I am having the same crashing problem. It isnt a specific mission, it isnt explosions... it is random and often.

Only in multiplayer or also with singleplayer missions? Also, have you tried switching to dev branch?

Same here.. doesn't matter map, single player, multiplayer, regular patch release, dev release - it crashes anywhere between 5-20 min after the patch release this past week.

Interestingly, the ZiiP guys and I were playing for three or four hours on our (currently private, for testing purposes) server earlier today across a variety of maps/missions/mods with absolutely no crashes.

This including my first attempts at missions - Really quite odd.

I got a crash just now killed a few Mrap then bam steam said i got the Mrap Hunter Card (overlay disalbed was below game when it happened) and game went poof. This wouldnt be the first game I have used a Achievment or something hasnt killed the game

i have the same problem. Since the patch has come out I can not play more the ten to fifteen minutes at a time. this only is happening on the multiplayer servers but it dosent matter what server it is. It didnt do this before the patch so this is something with the patch that just cam out. Please fix it.

Are you guys turning off all unnecessary processes in taskmanager? Open task and turn off un-needed progys under your user name ONLY try and run only needed processes like explorer.exe and Arma3 for example. you don't need i tunes running while playing. Everything will return when you reboot. So don't worry as long as you only turn off items under your user name ONLY. Your game will run much better.

not all of us run background programs I just run the game and steam when i play it...true dat I never crashed before this current patch...