Sign in to follow this  
stalkerm

Where is the Game?

I can understand the disappointment, it usually takes a while after release for BIS to bring the game up to a good level. That content is actually not implemented (yet?) for this release is different to the previous titles where content was available from the start, but bugged. This time around they chose to leave out content that was causing problems and only release with stuff that was acceptable to release. So really whatever they would have chosen they would be getting criticism over it, especially from people not familiar with previous releases from BIS and their excellent and unrivaled post-release patching and support.

I can understand the disappointment, it usually takes a while after release for BIS to bring the game up to a good level. That content is actually not implemented (yet?) for this release is different to the previous titles where content was available from the start, but bugged. This time around they chose to leave out content that was causing problems and only release with stuff that was acceptable to release. So really whatever they would have chosen they would be getting criticism over it, especially from people not familiar with previous releases from BIS and their excellent and unrivaled post-release patching and support.

Kind of what I'm thinking.

Except that I don't believe that anyone from BIS has said that the game is anything but "finished." With the exception of the campaign, no one from BIS has made any indication that more content and features are going to be released.

This isn't an indie game, and it certainly isn't being sold at that price point. When a game costs as much as any other triple a game, you shouldn't be surprised when it gets held up to a high level of scrutiny.

Except that I don't believe that anyone from BIS has said that the game is anything but "finished." With the exception of the campaign, no one from BIS has made any indication that more content and features are going to be released.

This isn't an indie game, and it certainly isn't being sold at that price point. When a game costs as much as any other triple a game, you shouldn't be surprised when it gets held up to a high level of scrutiny.

They already confirmed some CAS aircraft on a blog post IIRC, and also said they wanted to add more content besides campaign to A3. Don't look down so much.

I have logged over 100 hours on Arma III, and I've barely begun to scratch the surface. Go look at Steam Workshop or Armaholic sometime. Pretty good for an "unfinished product". There are hundreds of missions and mods for you to try. Or you can create your own with the mission editor.

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?c=news_arma3_missions

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?c=news_arma3

You can also consider OFP, Arma and Arma II "unfinished products" by that same measure.

Well, to be fair, yeah, that's good for an unfinished game. Yeah, there's mods available. But you really can't consider the amount of custom missions and mods to be the thing that completes the game...

It's called "A Scam".

Yeah such a scam. It's not like the servers are packed to the fucking brim everyday or anything. Boo fucking hoo, you're missing a campaign, that frankly, wont be worth a shit just like A1 & A2 campaigns. The games release is far better than Arma1s and better than Arma2s. .

Yeah such a scam. It's not like the servers are packed to the fucking brim everyday or anything. Boo fucking hoo, you're missing a campaign, that frankly, wont be worth a shit just like A1 & A2 campaigns. The games release is far better than Arma1s and better than Arma2s. .

It Fucking Crashes EVERY HOUR!!! AND YOU KNOW IT IF YOU PLAY THE GAME!

It Fucking Crashes EVERY HOUR!!! AND YOU KNOW IT IF YOU PLAY THE GAME!

I've hundreds of hours playing Arma3... without crashes. Alot are experiencing crashes with the new 1.02 patch though. I would just take a deep breath if I were you. Relax, find a solution or work around, or leave the game and come back when it's polished how you like. Also feel free to be constructive with your disappointments at the feedBack tracker. There you can interact with the development team & request features, report issues and more.

That's the only place you can make a difference. Coming here to every thread and being ultra pissed off wont help.

ArmA2's had tons of bugs.

ArmA3's has tons of bugs and 1/3 of needed content (if we will stop pretending for a moment that there's a difference between NATO and CSAT)

Yep. Great improvement.

They already confirmed some CAS aircraft on a blog post IIRC, and also said they wanted to add more content besides campaign to A3. Don't look down so much.
Two more pistols and at least one more rifle are in the works.

ArmA3's has tons of bugs and 1/3 of needed content (if we will stop pretending for a moment that there's a difference between NATO and CSAT)

Yep. Great improvement.

Idk about great & don't know where that came from :confused:. It's a bettrr release than the previous titles imo. In any case, I'm sure more polish will come. When I'm upset about Arma3, I go play Arma2 or another game. Shame we can't force BIS to do the things we want.

I'm sorry for possible offtopic question, didn't read whole thread though but want to clarify one thing to myself. Why "deadlines" argument? Who defined those deadlines? BIS? Steam?

Steam probably, because before they agreed to release it on steam they would delay the game whenever they wanted and did it at least 3 times.

I really haven't seen a good user mission yet.

I see the irony in this because you are obviously joking right?

...All thats been added is a Satellite Map copy paste island which contains little to no variety...Super soldier AI that require mods to keep them from 1 shotting players in PvE...

Altis has no variety? You Sir need to get out more (on the Island)! You also need to change your difficulty settings or change the way you play the game. The AI skill is fine.

Altis has no variety? You Sir need to get out more (on the Island)! You also need to change your difficulty settings or change the way you play the game. The AI skill is fine.

ArmA3 needs polishing and some fixing, but it really isn't as much of a Hitler clone as people make it out to be. Also, Harbinger still isn't looking hard enough...

Steam probably, because before they agreed to release it on steam they would delay the game whenever they wanted and did it at least 3 times.

You can't delay a release forever, you are spending money on a project that isn't making any money. I think the alpha and beta releases delayed the release of a retail version by several months. If they hadn't opted for paid-alpha testing than it would have been "Gold" sooner and be even less appreciated.

Yep. Great improvement.

Yep, that is everything! Really nice sum up! Nothing else to see. Congratulations.

Same problem as arma 2 every village has the same 5 buildings. No variety. When I attack telos it's the same as attaching pyrgos with a different street layout.

Altis is pretty repetitive buildings wise, but there again they all are really when it comes to town/villages (enterable buildings). The buildings don’t change much from place to place and the AI are going to be inhabiting roughly the same spots each time they enter them.

Don’t think it matters too much, if your enjoying the combat, you tend not to be too bothered about the architecture. BIS just need to get back on track, sort the AI out, which seems to be going backwards and forwards quality wise, also the mp, which I must admit doesn’t bother me too much, don’t play it, just SP now (own missions), but for the game, it needs to be sorted out, its aimed at mp so they need it to run well.