Sign in to follow this  
stalkerm

Where is the Game?

I see two tanks with the same values for the Abrams. An OPFOR/Neutral/BLUFOR tank and a Russian MBT. Lots of BMP-2 variants. BMP-3 is unique for Russia again.

You lost the argument pages ago. Now you are getting desparate O_O

"Uh oh all those different vehicles dont count because...uhm...they have the same values...and that Apache is only an upgrade..Yeah".

You lost the argument pages ago. Now you are getting desparate O_O

"Uh oh all those different vehicles dont count because...uhm...they have the same values...and that Apache is only an upgrade..Yeah".

WAS THE APACHE IN THE BOXED GAME TO BEGIN WITH?

Like I said though, if we don't count the re-skins or modified-turret-on-that-humvee vehicles, we end up with, for ArmA2:

10 Armored.

27 Wheeled. 14 of which were civilian

19 Air, not counting parachute.

6 Sea.

Now let me count ArmA3's vehicles real quick just to compare

34 total at the moment. 3 Civilian. That brings the score to: 31 ArmA3, 48 ArmA2, without counting civilian vehicles, most of which were minor differences on a sedan. It's a difference, but not as big a one as everyone is imploding over.

Edited by steamtex

You guys are way off track here- the original complaint was about having no campaign on release, not another we need moarz tanks nao!!!!!

we need moarz tanks nao!!!!!

For me diverse factions are just as important as a campaign. Even more so actually. So yeah, "we need moarz tanks noa" is actually a valid demand, no matter how you try to ridicule it ;)

Its a huge factor of immersion if I have to unique factions or "RANDOM FACTION WITH DARK CAMO" and "RANDOM FACTION WITH DIGITAL CAMO". Oh Im sorry, I mean "NATO" and "CSAT".

You guys are way off track here- the original complaint was about having no campaign on release, not another we need moarz tanks nao!!!!!

Actually, that's a point. I'm not unhappy with the vehicle selection in ArmA3 - I'd be happy if we got some new static launchers/different HMG for OPFOR, but really, ArmA2 is only getting so much love right now because it had a "playable" campaign on release, a few extra APCs and 11 more civilian vehicles than ArmA3.

For me diverse factions are just as important as a campaign. Even more so actually. So yeah, "we need moarz tanks noa" is actually a valid demand, no matter how you try to ridicule it ;)

Its a huge factor of immersion if I have to unique factions or "RANDOM FACTION WITH DARK CAMO" and "RANDOM FACTION WITH DIGITAL CAMO". Oh Im sorry, I mean "NATO" and "CSAT".

Understood but there are plenty of threads already discussing the disappointment with the amount of content release ad nauseum.

"For Me..." -that may be YOUR immersion breaker. For me it may be neglected AI indoor behavior. For Frank X it may be the lack of a proper clutch and throttle on a speedboat may be the dealbreaker...get my drift ?

Edited by froggyluv

34 total at the moment. 3 Civilian. That brings the score to: 31 ArmA3, 48 ArmA2, without counting civilian vehicles, most of which were minor differences on a sedan. It's a difference, but not as big a one as everyone is imploding over.

Why bitch about only one plane in the game when 31 vehicles total isn't that much less than 48! Thanks for the evening's entertainment.

Why bitch about only one plane in the game when 31 vehicles total isn't that much less than 48! Thanks for the evening's entertainment.

>Not as big a one as everyone is imploding over.

They're acting like there's 2 vehicles in ArmA3 and 400,000 in ArmA2.

++++

The fanboys also forget that we not only have only 31 vehicles, but half of these are just reskins and cobbled together.

Imagine Operation Flashpoint, with Soviets using Abrams and M60 tanks....

>Not as big a one as everyone is imploding over.

They're acting like there's 2 vehicles in ArmA3 and 400,000 in ArmA2.

No. They're acting like Arma 3 is lacking in its variety of assets compared to Arma 2 (and as an independent game), which it objectively and factually is, regardless of the version of Arma 2. While it's been fun to watch, you're obviously grasping for straws and moving your goalposts here.

@steamtex

The difference is that Arma 2 had a huge number of unique vehicels. If I remember correctly, then there were 21 unique military land vehicels. Not counting all the civilian stuff and all the variants, just base vehicels. Let´s not even talk about all the other stuff like helicopters, aircrafts and so on.

And frakly I don´t care if they have been recycled from A1. They were up to A2s standards when it was released.

How many does Arma 3 have? A quick count gives me 18 military land vehicels but almost none of them are unique because they share assets across the board. BLUFOR and OPFOR have the same turrets on some most of the corresponding vehicels FFS.

BF4 will have more unique vehicels than Arma 3!

Ahhh and because we are a community we should be fanboys that mindlessly praise everything BIS does? Fuck no, Im a customer. I paid money and received an unfinished product.

I have logged over 100 hours on Arma III, and I've barely begun to scratch the surface. Go look at Steam Workshop or Armaholic sometime. Pretty good for an "unfinished product". There are hundreds of missions and mods for you to try. Or you can create your own with the mission editor.

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?c=news_arma3_missions

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?c=news_arma3

You can also consider OFP, Arma and Arma II "unfinished products" by that same measure.

Edited by MissionCreep

I think this thread is slowling drifting to an off-topic fight.

I have understood the underlying causes of the lack of "ufficials missions" and the campaigns.

Anyway i tried some missions and i have appreciated the game, despite the fact that i cannot personally (imho) see nothing to much "new" with respect to ArmA II (and this is something that is good for me since i liked ArmA II).

I have experienced some crashes but the performance on my Pc (i5 overclocked, GtX460, 8Gb RAM) are good.

The only thing that i really do not lilke since ArmAII is the flight model, it is unrealistic...maybe they have to stole some ideas from Laminar Research :p

Originally Posted by Tacti-Cool

Why should the community have to finish the job?

Says it all.

Arma2 has been "finished" with thousands and thousands of community missions, and hundreds and hundreds of mods ranging from modified AI behaviour to distance viewing to uniforms and carry packs to vehicles ranging from complete aircraft carriers to to WWII and Vietnam era aircraft as well as dozens of new islands and terrains. What game maker can make that kind of contribution all on its own?

Edited by MissionCreep

I doubt the BI staff will be very motivated to continue working overtime for a community that can't even appreciate the work they have been doing for the last years a little bit and show at least some amount of patience.

I don't get what the point of complaining over and over and opening 100 threads about all the bad things really is. You won't get a refund and you won't get a personal apology from anyone. You will, however, get your campaign soon. You will get more units, weapons, technical improvements, too. BI won't hold back all the stuff they are working on if they have it ready. You can be sure they have also learned a lesson from all of this. So, what's the point? Do you think you will speed up developement or increase the coming stuff's quality by constantly nagging? I don't think so.

Even if you are right after all, the game is released, the money is spent. Who cares about what has gone wrong in the past? I'm waiting for a campaign to enjoy and I know that BI won't let us down and abandon Arma 3 anytime soon...

I doubt the BI staff will be very motivated to continue working overtime for a community that can't even appreciate the work they have been doing for the last years a little bit and show at least some amount of patience.

I don't get what the point of complaining over and over and opening 100 threads about all the bad things really is. You won't get a refund and you won't get a personal apology from anyone. You will, however, get your campaign soon. You will get more units, weapons, technical improvements, too. BI won't hold back all the stuff they are working on if they have it ready. You can be sure they have also learned a lesson from all of this. So, what's the point? Do you think you will speed up developement or increase the coming stuff's quality by constantly nagging? I don't think so.

Even if you are right after all, the game is released, the money is spent. Who cares about what has gone wrong in the past? I'm waiting for a campaign to enjoy and I know that BI won't let us down and abandon Arma 3 anytime soon...

I agree 100%.

But what do I care. I enjoy the game and have enjoyed for months now.

It doesn't ruin my game experience if someone hates the game but can't let go.

I feel a bit sad for the devs though. They can't save the situation no matter what they'll do.

But every game and company have those "fans" who consider themselves as Real Critics who will whip the "greedy lazy untalented" devs to submission.

It's not only BIS who feels the flying daggers of the disappointed.

I couldn't stand it, I'd say goodbye and farewell and would leave the whole thing behind.

I do believe BIS guys have more patience than I would have.

They are proud of what they have achieved, and for a good reason.

I would hate to see the worst complainers (which doesn't include All critics, of course) lessen the enthusiasm of the devs. (was that proper english?)

Edited by Azzur33

Arma2 has been "finished" with thousands and thousands of community missions, and hundreds and hundreds of mods ranging from modified AI behaviour to distance viewing to uniforms and carry packs to vehicles ranging from complete aircraft carriers to to WWII and Vietnam era aircraft as well as dozens of new islands and terrains. What game maker can make that kind of contribution all on its own?

Im not talking novelty mods, im talking core function mods.

Weapon Resting, a DECENT medical system, Turning down the Terminator AIs that are currently in on Regular Difficulty. Why should the Mod Makers have to take time to make things that game should have shipped with?

Edited by Tacti-Cool
typo

Very well said...unfortunately there are too many people out there who dont understand this and I believe they never will.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:24 ----------

Weapon Resting, a DECENT medical system, Turning down the Terminator AIs that are currently in on Regular Difficulty. Why should the Mod Makers have to take time to make things that game should have shipped with?

You are speaking for your own wishes and this is good. But BIS has to cover the wishes for a huge Bandwith of Players who all do have a different view of the game. Some prefer deep simulation elements, like the ACE medical system in ArmA2 - some dont. Some prefer the AI is very realistic and mean, some dont...some want to wait 300 seconds once they´ve been killed, some dont. Do you see what the problem is BIS has to deal with?

That´s why BIS is providing a Sandbox Simulator that is providing the basic engine and the basic sceleton if you wish. The rest may or may not be modded by the community, so that those who want to get the best gaming experiencing can get those mods and add them to there game while those who like the game as it is dont get those mods...it´s a very difficult balance act and BIS is providing a very well balanced game (well...when its finally finished) :)

I'm pretty happy with what we have so far, I bought on the first day of alpha and I know there is more content coming, and I can see many improvements over arma 2

But having said that, if there are people coming on here having bought a boxed copy and finding the campaign, that was mentioned in a lot of previews etc... in previous months, is not there, then it stands to reason that there must be a lot of people taking it back to the shop.

You may have legitimate complaints, speaking for yourself. But quite frankly, I don't have a problem with either the medical system or the AI level at regular (using your examples). But I do see the threads with pages and pages of complaints all by users who, for their purposes, have legitimate complaints. In the end, for me, its just a game in which I am perfectly capable/comfortable and adapted to and none of this has ruined my enjoyment of it. None. Note that I say "me" and "I" and not "we" and "us".

You may have legitimate complaints, speaking for yourself. But quite frankly, I don't have a problem with either the medical system or the AI level at regular (using your examples). But I do see the threads with pages and pages of complaints. In the end, for me, its just a game in which I am perfectly capable/comfortable and adapted to and none of this has ruined my enjoyment of it. None. Note that I say "me" and "I" and not "we" and "us".

Sums it up nicely for me as well. :)

LOL, why should BIS do extra work to turn down the terminator AI, when it's a few click away in the vanilla options? And even a step further using the setSkill commands, you can effect alot of specific elements of Ai skill...