Sign in to follow this  
stalkerm

Where is the Game?

Today i have installed the new ArmA 3...and after a full day of patches downloading (i have a very SLOW connection) i succesfully started the game.

With a huge suprise i have realized that the game is unplayable but some shooting range tutorials and a few demo missions.

Where is the game? searching on the internet i have realized that there is no such a thing as ArmA 3 as a "game" right now :mad:

Some questions arise naturals in my mind:

) why Bohemia have released ArmA 3? from the Gbs that i have downloaded today i suppose the game clearly was still a "beta" and a "game" cannot be named like that without playable contenst!. So...why Bohemia have realesed ArmA 3 if nobody can still play with it? (except for multiplayer? maybe...)

) when the campaign will be downloadable how many Gbs will it weigh? i have a SLOW connection and this is worryng me TOO MUCH :mad: :mad: really...again where is the sense of releasing an incomplete version of ArmA? i want the whole stuff on DVDs!

) what are DLC?? a fancy good candy looking name for "file to be downloaded"?

But are you not admiring the beautiful Altis island, checking out the best stances in gaming ever and diving for the lost treasure?

I'm being sarcastic, of course, (although, these things are very good, but they are just part of the whole game). You can always use editor to make simple missions, it's not that hard.

Before people will tell you that this has already been discussed in about 10 other threads and that you are not the only person who is angry about all of this:

1. This was known to most people prior to the release of Arma 3 and I bet there is some notice on your boxed version of the game that it doesn't yet include the campaign.

2. Have you already played the showcases and/or taken a look at the user created scenarios that already exist? It's not like there is absolutely nothing to play in SP right now...

1. Arma was "released" in March. Thousands of people around the world have been playing and enjoying it (and complaining about it) ever since. According to my Steam stats, I've played nearly 80 hours in the last two weeks alone. Plenty of great missions available, both for SP or MP. Where have you been?

2. As a business, BIS has deadlines to meet. Features get pushed back or removed. Simple fact of life. Your low bandwidth is not their problem.

3. Yes, although I don't think there's any confectionery involved.

Before people will tell you that this has already been discussed in about 10 other threads and that you are not the only person who is angry about all of this:

1. This was known to most people prior to the release of Arma 3 and I bet there is some notice on your boxed version of the game that it doesn't yet include the campaign.

2. Have you already played the showcases and/or taken a look at the user created scenarios that already exist? It's not like there is absolutely nothing to play in SP right now...

Sinecerely i do not care if this is the tenth post speaking about this.

I have played many games (also ArmA and ArmA II by the way) and this is the firs time that i encounter something like this.

It is common sense when you buy a game's DVD expecting the whole game and not something like that.

It is common sense when you buy a game's DVD expecting the whole game and not something like that.

I somehow do agree.

1. Arma was "released" in March. Thousands of people around the world have been playing and enjoying it (and complaining about it) ever since. According to my Steam stats, I've played nearly 80 hours in the last two weeks alone. Plenty of great missions available, both for SP or MP. Where have you been?

2. As a business, BIS has deadlines to meet. Features get pushed back or removed. Simple fact of life. Your low bandwidth is not their problem.

3. Yes, although I don't think there's any confectionery involved.

i have been doing anything else than wasting my time watching the news online about ArmA lol ;) ...i simply waited the what i call the "classical release" with the DVD and "the game", like the other's ArmA and other games as well. This is crazyness.

I think my bandwidth is going to become theirs problem as well since im starting to think from NOW that Bohemia will not have my money anymore if the situation is like this.

I have played many games (also ArmA and ArmA II by the way) and this is the firs time that i encounter something like this.

Open the editor and play around a little. Spawn yourself a car and drive around Altis for a while...I'm sure you will not be disappointed by the content and realize the potential this sandbox (even without a lot of missions yet) really has. Meanwhile BI are working hard to present us a campaign, that I bet will be worthy of the name, soon.

You have paid the money anyway, now try to have some fun and give it a chance. You have installed the game today...I have already played 400 hours and I'm still having fun, even without a campaign.

ArmA is primarily a sandbox, and user content is about 90% of the game. There are hundreds if not thousands of missions on the steam workshop, and you can create your own. How could you run out of content?

Ok, we are now officialy hired by bohemia, we work in creating missions for them.

I repeat: i wanted something "ready to go", i do not want to loiter around Steam looking for mission, "achievements", s**t and spending my slow connection and time downloading them.

Working with the editor? and playing self-created missions? is like playing chess with yourself...or not?

I will wait for a full blown campaing...and if i will not be able to download it i will sell the game somehow.

Sorry but i cannot still realize how the hell a software producer can release and unfinished job...next time maybe they can give us some C++ code to compile...rally funny! a sandbox complier! you can code your own ArmA game and share it on the internet! there will be a lot of user produced C++ code lol! (i'm ironic fo the newtons)

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Welcome to Arma 3, where a large majority of people feel the same way you do. Cheated.

yeah...you made my day...this is the comment i was looking for ;)

Ok, we are now officialy hired by bohemia, we work in creating missions for them.

I repeat: i wanted something "ready to go", i do not want to loiter around Steam looking for mission, "achievements", s**t and spending my slow connection and time downloading them.

Working with the editor? and playing self-created missions? is like playing chess with yourself...or not?

I will wait for a full blown campaing...and if i will not be able to download it i will sell the game somehow.

Sorry but i cannot still realize how the hell a software producer can release and unfinished job...next time maybe they can give us some C++ code to compile...rally funny! a sandbox complier! you can code your own ArmA game and share it on the internet! there will be a lot of user produced C++ code lol! (i'm ironic fo the newtons)

Well, in fact you'll find out that the editor is the best thing in this game IMHO.

Hello there

You ought to care as you may receive infractions otherwise.

Its always worth reading reviews and researching a game before simply throwing your money around.

Rgds

LoK

Welcome to Arma 3, where a large majority of people feel the same way you do. Cheated.

Cheated? Come on, let's not exaggerate. A large majority of players have been participating in the Alpha and Beta stages since march and have received a considerable discount on the price of the game. We have been gradually supplied with improvements and new content and even though there has been an official "release", this will still continue to happen (possibly for years to come). Nothing has changed really for most people with the release...we have a game now that keeps growing and growing (every day if you are on dev branch). BI have not abandoned Arma 3 and are still working on new content. How can you feel cheated? I've paid more money for much worse games that never received any update at all.

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

yeah...you made my day...this is the comment i was looking for ;)

I'm a little confused. You say you've played Arma & Arma 2. Other than the campaign there has never been a lot of single player missions. You've always had to download user content to play the games. I'm disappointed that the campaign hasn't been released, but instead I'm doing what I've done for OFP, Arma, & Arma 2 and that's downloading user missions.

So...why Bohemia have realesed ArmA 3 if nobody can still play with it?

Since Alpha, I am nobody. ;)

I'm a little confused. You say you've played Arma & Arma 2. Other than the campaign there has never been a lot of single player missions. You've always had to download user content to play the games. I'm disappointed that the campaign hasn't been released, but instead I'm doing what I've done for OFP, Arma, & Arma 2 and that's downloading user missions.

i have always find the ArmA's campaing to be really good, of course if you play the game 10h/day you will be foced to expand the game. I was'nt even aware of the existence of User's material.

I repeat: i do not like to loiter around with editors and stuff, if i buy a game is because i want ready-to-go fun. period.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

hello there

you ought to care as you may receive infractions otherwise.

Its always worth reading reviews and researching a game before simply throwing your money around.

Rgds

lok

lesson learned...trust me!

i have always find the ArmA's campaing to be really good, of course if you play the game 10h/day you will be foced to expand the game. I was'nt even aware of the existence of User's material.

I repeat: i do not like to loiter around with editors and stuff, if i buy a game is because i want ready-to-go fun. period.

You've certainly bought the wrong game then. Maybe you better try your luck with the Battlefield or CoD franchises and complain on their forums about lacking replayability or whatever...

if i could speak of majority, i would say, the majoiry is super happy with arma 3.

Well, it's like buying a ferrari and using only the first gear.

Has anyone ever ran a poll on that? :)

Most of the missions in the Workshop weigh less than 10 megabytes, and it is a one click operation to install them.

I am not sure how bad your connection is, but you are missing out on a lot of good missions.

ArmA is primarily a sandbox, and user content is about 90% of the game. There are hundreds if not thousands of missions on the steam workshop, and you can create your own. How could you run out of content?

BULLSHIT! I get so tired of seeing this fanboy arguement. Where in all of Arma III's advertising does it say that this is meant only to be a Sandbox? That there is no real game and you must make whatever you can, even though you don't know anything about programming, yourself? I really haven't seen a good user mission yet.

Yes, we have been cheated.

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

if i could speak of majority, i would say, the majoiry is super happy with arma 3.

And you would be horribly wrong. That's like the Republicans going on FOX news and saying that a huge majority of Americans don't want the new health care law, even though they re-elected Obama on that one topic alone, and cheered when the Supreme Court said it was Constitutional. :j:

Edited by Harbinger2456

The campaign will come later, for free of course. If that means that we will for once get a bugfree and smooth campaign then I´m happy with that decision

But is hard to find a good one, for me I even have too see if it will run well... a official mission don't have this kind of problem