Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

2 CAS Aircraft remain unknown. What if?

Ok, so rumor has it, CSAT CAS jet is out there somewhere. No word on what it could be or what it even looks like. Someone also mentioned an Osprey, but that could be myth.

so CAS aircraft, means some lighter/smaller jet or what? Why yak and not pak fa for example?

CAS does not necessarily mean lighter, smaller jet. For example, the Pak-FA is an Air Superiority/Multi-role Russian Stealth fighter. CAS, means Close Air Support. You may now ask why not use the PAK-FA since it is Multi-role? Well, that could break it down to many things, like technological issues for the developers, and balancing issues, and a very high level. The YAK-130, on the other hand, fits in where it can be both CAS and AA, without representing unbalanced issues. It has a dedicated air frame, it fits in the 2035 era, and it has a basic flight model. It would be somewhere along the lines of SU-25, but less cumbersome, because it is not a heavy Attack aircraft like the SU-25.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Although, the CSAT airplane has not been revealed, and wont be for maybe a month or two (at most), so there will be no telling what it is. For all we know, it will most likely be a concept plane, much like the Kamysh BTR, and some of the made up vehicles in Arma 3 already.

btr kamysh is not a concept, it's being developed by Belorussian military, called "Stalker 2T", thats why PAK FA being developed and close to finish in Russia now, could be opfor cas, i wish at least.

Hmm, good point. Why not Yak-130 for basic CAS, and Pak-FA for Air Superiority. After all, in Arma 2, there were multiple aircraft for both Blufor and Opfor.

Hmm, good point. Why not Yak-130 for basic CAS, and Pak-FA for Air Superiority. After all, in Arma 2, there were multiple aircraft for both Blufor and Opfor.

more like, we had su-25 and su-34, as for my knowledge, both are bombers, not really AA aircrafts. So i wish in arma 3 we would have different aircrafts for diffrent pourposes.

Whatever they do with aircraft, please improve the cannon for the buzzard, it is completely useless in shooting anything including infantry. I've put 100 rounds into an orca and not shoot it down. I've put 150 rounds into another buzzard without it going down. The only thing i've been able to destroy with the cannon is the occasional troop and an ifrit.

Just to throw something else in the mix, will CAS still be a piloted aircraft in 2035? I mean, a smaller aircraft able to sustain higher G without a pilot while also removing a pilot from pretty harrowing environments is on the cards for other aircraft 'in the future'.

Is it possible that a more manoeuvrable version of a current drone be used given the inevitable advances in telemetry/communication and remote viewing (i.e. oculus type headset for the operator to overcome traditional limitations of piloting such as lack of depth perception) ?

By the way, we should stop calling it the PAK FA. Its called the Sukhoi T-50.

PAK FA is the name of the program. Like JSF for the F-35.

Thread speculation over its identity, but either way BI clearly went the "small jet" (usually attack/trainer) or "fast air" route!

Dude... Wholy S***...

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

If they would implement two seater variants of all CAS aircraft, that would be something as well.

Chortles, do you think you can maybe dig around for a better resolution picture of the Cockpit and stuff of that jet?

Going by the NATO (ingame) air trend, something "stealth". Or I least hope so.

Or the A-10.

1354491083_Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Going by the NATO (ingame) air trend, something "stealth". Or I least hope so.

A BAE Hawk 200 mixed with F35? Uhm... Could be cool xD

Stealth A-10. Because why not?

Having in mind that until now the two other CAS planes are trainer/light attack jets with a single engine... And BI is trying to keep balance between the two main belligerents. I still think that the most probable option for the third would be the BAE Hawk, probably the 200 variant ( single seat ). Thought as Smurf has wisely said would make sense that include some stealth tweaks to keep the doctrine of the BI NATO 2035 force.

Having in mind that until now the two other CAS planes are trainer/light attack jets with a single engine... And BI is trying to keep balance between the two main belligerents. I still think that the most probable option for the third would be the BAE Hawk, probably the 200 variant ( single seat ). Thought as Smurf has wisely said would make sense that include some stealth tweaks to keep the doctrine of the BI NATO 2035 force.

I'm putting my money on the M346 or whatever the Italian version of the Yak130 is, just for balance sakes.

Dan;2532901']I'm putting my money on the M346 or whatever the Italian version of the Yak130 is' date=' just for balance sakes.[/quote']

I was saying the BAE Hawk, because after all the forum complain about too similar vehicles in the two main sides...

I think that BI will try to add a little bit of difference between; adding the M346 ( which is the twin of Yak130 ) would just add more complains.

Thought well, is a possibility, but it would be sad.

I was saying the BAE Hawk, because after all the forum complain about too similar vehicles in the two main sides...

I think that BI will try to add a little bit of difference between; adding the M346 ( which is the twin of Yak130 ) would just add more complains.

Thought well, is a possibility, but it would be sad.

Indeed, I would much Prefer the Hawk (or the South Korean T50)

I wish we would get real jets and not trainer aircraft. Who knows, maybe down the line we can have as many jets as Arma 2 has.

Edited by ProGamer

The YAK-130 or CSAT CAS is a dual engine Medium trainer/Attack, and very agile. Very maneuverable as well, even with payload.

The YAK-130 or CSAT CAS is a dual engine Medium trainer/Attack, and very agile. Very maneuverable as well, even with payload.

Hopefully it won't be a copy of the A-149 with the same config. I would prefer the aircraft if they are better in real life, to be better than the other aircraft in game. No artificial stats other than ones caused by engine limitations.