Sign in to follow this  
zeep

Graphic artifacts suddenly appear? Strange sheet like things cover everything.

I was playing online some 10 minutes ago. While playing my screen went from this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182005271

To this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=182005252

Moving around a bit made the stripes/artifacts go away but they kept appearing after that so i quit.

Is it Arma3 or is it me??

Never seen these before in Arma3, and i've been playing since Alpha.

Now i haven't got the very latest video drivers installed but they're far from old. No other game i play has these things appearing. (Arma2, RO2, NS2, PS2, Tribes Ascend)

Win 7 64, i7-3770K, GTX570 (301.42), 16GB, SSD install.

Edited by zeep

Telling which drivers you have installed would help.

Indeed it would. Updated first post. (301.42)

Indeed it would. Updated first post. (301.42)

Dude we've come a long way since those. Install GeForce Experience (helps a lot) and install the newest drivers from within the program.

Dude we've come a long way since those. Install GeForce Experience (helps a lot) and install the newest drivers from within the program.

Yes but i kept an eye on which games got 'optimized' and didn't have any problems running my usual games so i didn't update. I'm not a install-every-new-driver kind of user.

Ok well the 320 series i'm staying away from, too many strange issues i read about with other users. Maybe i'll put 314.07 & 314.22 to the test, they still bench high avg fps as far as i can find.

Geforce Experience is not something i want to install. I like to do updates / settings manually.

Thanks

Yes but i kept an eye on which games got 'optimized' and didn't have any problems running my usual games so i didn't update. I'm not a install-every-new-driver kind of user.

Ok well the 320 series i'm staying away from, too many strange issues i read about with other users. Maybe i'll put 314.07 & 314.22 to the test, they still bench high avg fps as far as i can find.

Geforce Experience is not something i want to install. I like to do updates / settings manually.

Thanks

New drivers do not only improve FPS on certain games, they also fix issues.

GeForce Experience not only downloads new drivers, it also optimizes games, so I'd give it a try.

Ok well the 320 series i'm staying away from, too many strange issues i read about with other users...

Can't confirm this for 327.23

If you want to play the latest games, you have to keep up with your drivers. Otherwise you can't really complain about bad performance.

New drivers do not only improve FPS on certain games, they also fix issues.

GeForce Experience not only downloads new drivers, it also optimizes games, so I'd give it a try.

Yes i know. I'm playing again tonight, if i get the artifacts again i will try to update.

As far as GE goes, all due respect mate but that's good for people who don't want to bother learning about settings / details etc.

Can't confirm this for 327.23

If you want to play the latest games, you have to keep up with your drivers. Otherwise you can't really complain about bad performance.

I understand, my performance is fine though. :)

I'm hoping to find someone who has the same artifacts in Arma3, and compare systems.

Yes i know. I'm playing again tonight, if i get the artifacts again i will try to update.

As far as GE goes, all due respect mate but that's good for people who don't want to bother learning about settings / details etc.

I understand, my performance is fine though. :)

I'm hoping to find someone who has the same artifacts in Arma3, and compare systems.

Why don't you just give the newer drivers a shot, you can still downgrade if you experience problems and/or your artifacts are still there? I use them without GE, too and Arma runs really good...

Does the second screenshot not remind anyone of the issues Chernarus DayZ had not all that long ago? - The cause of which was the dead soldier props being rendered improperly because a change had been made within DayZ? if I recall correctly?

What map/mission/mod are you playing?

I'm more inclined to believe that it is more to do with the mission/map/mod and any changes that might have been made than I am to believe that it is the drivers - if it were the drivers, would not several hundred people also be piling on to this forum and making similar threads/posts?